Alcohol and Piss Test

Discuss Alcohol and Piss Test at the General Discussion; If someone drank about 12 beers on Friday afternoon will it show up on a fire department piss test monday? ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

Default Alcohol and Piss Test

If someone drank about 12 beers on Friday afternoon will it show up on a fire department piss test monday?

thank you very much
Old 10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Alcohol and Piss Test

if 1 beer takes 1 hour to clear your system then 12 beers would take 12 hours so my guess is no.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANWHORE View Post
If someone drank about 12 beers on Friday afternoon will it show up on a fire department piss test monday?

thank you very much
No,
it would take about 24hrs for it to clear completely.
What prod said is true but when you drink a lot it starts to pile up if you know what I mean and takes somewhat longer.
Cuz if you drank 12 beers in 12 hrs and got pulled over by the cops I'm sure you would fail the breath test.

Last edited by role model; 10-21-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

So how about when I use to drink about 1 quart vodka a day would i be clean by mon if my last drink was friday afternoon?? 5 days of drinking vodka that way .. suppose ... seriously too

and thank you both for replies
Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 PM

Manwhore, some places are still using ones that can not detect ETOH after 24hrs of use. Unfortunately, most government agencies, including Police and Fire have started using what is called an ETG test which can detect alcohol metabolites up to a week from the last drink. Many Courts, Probation and Professional monitering agencies are using this now and it is becoming the Standard all over my neck of the woods. This is has been going on for about a year or so around here and it really has been getting people in a lot of trouble because of course they do not give you advance notice that they have started using these new tests. Be careful.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 AM
Veteran Member

not sure why they test for alcohol metabolites as its not illegal to drink...sure if your drunk on duty or have a high alcohol content at work..not sure if they test can detect alcohol up to one week...and scientifically, an average body loses .02% of alcohol per hour. so if your content is .20% which is pretty drunk, it should take about 10 hrs to leave the body. it also depends on your body size...how much of a drinker you are...and some say, how much water you drank if its a piss test.

All advice is for informational/educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for a qualified legal counselor and in no way constitutes an attorney/client privilege
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

this is for a fireman who signed his last agreement not to drink because of his drinking problem. They sent him to rehab once already and he shouldnt be drinking at all but lets face it, We all know it's not an easy habit to break especially when you have that gene for it

How is everyone BTW?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 AM

Manwhore, this is exactly why I am telling you this. The ETG was designed exactly for this reason. For example, I have worked with several Professional Monitering agencies for years like, Police and Fire Peer Support, Lawyers helping Lawyers, Physician Intervention Programs etc..., etc... and they all use these test. Most of these are people that their license to practice is in Jeopardy and they have to submit to these for 5 years or give up their license. Very harsh, but think of the alternative! You would not believe some of the cases I have handled for these Professional in crisis. And Police and Fire are some of the most risky. The test has nothing to do with the bodies ability to metabolize etoh. The test looks for the ETG metabolite that the liver only produces when etoh has been consumed. It takes about a week for the metabolite level to go back to an undetectable level in the urine. So the days of drinking Friday night being safe on Monday is over if they are using these tests. Chances are, if you have signed a "No Mood Altering Substance" contract due addiction issues in the past, they probably have the ability to test for this. They are even testing for ephedrine now out here on the East Coast. Believe me, I am in Court on these issue all the time and they are not playing. Tell your friend he needs to plant himself in some AA meetings before he looses his career. I could tell you some horrifying stories about drunk surgeons, lawyers strung out on coke, cops that get in accidents drunk on duty and commit suicide, counselors that began using with there own clients. I could go on and on. I am not judging them at all, I am the one who tries to help them. It is aweful what these things do to peoples lives like I am sure we all already know. The State and the Courts almost always say "Due to your profession we hold you to a higher standard" and slam them with serious legal repercussions. Glad to see you back posting.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANWHORE View Post
this is for a fireman who signed his last agreement not to drink because of his drinking problem. They sent him to rehab once already and he shouldnt be drinking at all but lets face it, We all know it's not an easy habit to break especially when you have that gene for it

How is everyone BTW?

now that makes sense..not sure if the dept. will use the above test...I have never heard of anyone using this test, and it will have legal problems, if fought correctly...dont know how expensive it is, or how popular. nation wide....but can they tell the difference between alcohol...such as nyquil, cough syrups that have it etc...lets say on my days off, I drank a lot of nyquil to sleep due to a cold every nite....and took cough syrup daily due to a cough...

Last edited by Bigkarch; 10-23-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Veteran Member