Gymnast's biceps

Discuss Gymnast's biceps at the General Discussion; Was watching the mens gymnastics last night and couldn't help noticing that these guys have great biceps development. Just curious ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Gymnast's biceps

Was watching the mens gymnastics last night and couldn't help noticing that these guys have great biceps development. Just curious what movements these guys do in training that might give them those great biceps?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Well, let's see here...they hoist themselves up 500 times per day, they hold themselves at arms length 500 times/day...ummm that's about all I can think of, but I'm sure they do much more.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

lol they throw their bodyweight around like it is nothing. Grizzly watches it b/c the men wear tight spandex
Old 08-17-2004, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exosist
dude what movements?

Did you watch these guys? This shit is NOT easy.

Do what they do and you will have the same bicepts.
Never said it was easy. Quit making presumptions. My question is what do they do? Is it more volume type training that is getting them those great biceps? Or what? I mean everyone of those gymnast's have bigger biceps than 75% of the guys I see in the gym (including me )
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Gymnasts work out with their body weight. They do a lot of push ups and stuff like that.

But like everyone else has said, I think it is jsut the hours of lifting your own boddy day in and day out that creates this development. That is why they are so symmetrical...they don't have to worry about bad form when doing a bench press.

And yes, Grizz does like those tight little suits they wear.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

haha.... grizz watches the mens synchronized diving with rambo.... those speedos turn them on!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_

Im surprised there are not lots of gymnast type routines in Mens Health etc, as the gymnast physique is far more sought after than a bodybuilder's. I guess it's because they do so much volume so often it's not practical for an ordinary guy. But a high volume chin and rings based routine for the upper body sounds good
Old 08-17-2004, 09:27 PM

That's right-- no legs on these guys! Ha-- I dare them to hoist a body with my legs up over their head-- snap their spine in half! Although, I can see myself getting into gymnastics if I had that equipment-- that bar would be bending something wicked!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

Another way of looking at it...

Succesful gymnasts have large biceps because it takes good genetics to have the potential to do what they do, and a lot of that genetically is fulness of muscle body, strength, and lastly size.

A guy won a scientific award for discovering what they call 'the strength gene', which makes muscle much denser/stronger than normal. Every olympic athlete tested, has this gene.

Obviously they work hard, but like most guys, we have strong and weak parts. My chest always responds, but my legs don't.

Guys in competition will be weeded out unless they have superior 'everything'. Olympic athletes are weeded out from across the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred
Never said it was easy. Quit making presumptions. My question is what do they do? Is it more volume type training that is getting them those great biceps? Or what? I mean everyone of those gymnast's have bigger biceps than 75% of the guys I see in the gym (including me )
Old 08-18-2004, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodavid
Another way of looking at it...

Succesful gymnasts have large biceps because it takes good genetics to have the potential to do what they do, and a lot of that genetically is fulness of muscle body, strength, and lastly size.

A guy won a scientific award for discovering what they call 'the strength gene', which makes muscle much denser/stronger than normal. Every olympic athlete tested, has this gene.

Obviously they work hard, but like most guys, we have strong and weak parts. My chest always responds, but my legs don't.

Guys in competition will be weeded out unless they have superior 'everything'. Olympic athletes are weeded out from across the world.
just wondering, how would one go about getting tested for this gene?