Testosterone and attractiveness.

Discuss Testosterone and attractiveness. at the General Discussion; Of course everyone knows there's a reason for puberty, but I see a lot of guys with what I call ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to m_ob Send a message via Yahoo to m_ob
Default Testosterone and attractiveness.

Of course everyone knows there's a reason for puberty, but I see a lot of guys with what I call half-ass puberty. They lack muscle tone, a defined jaw, a noticable nose bone, or even facial hair. It makes me wonder if they are genetically weak, not to sound like an elitist.

Women subconsciously read male faces by judging facial features that potentially reveal fitness (defined as an individual’s ability to survive and to produce viable offspring). Of the facial characters that women could find particularly informative, Evolutionary Psychologists have predicted that characters linked to sex hormones (e.g. testosterone) may be particularly good indicators of male fitness. There are a couple of reasons for this prediction:

Testosterone directly affects the growth of certain facial features, and of the gonads. Testosterone is part of the reason why boys’ faces change shape during puberty (when testosterone levels are high).
Testosterone is believed to suppress the immune system and so impose a “handicap” on individuals with high testosterone. If there is a cost to having high testosterone, then perhaps only the “best” males can carry this cost. Poor quality males cannot cope with such high levels of testosterone. Therefore, levels of testosterone in the male face may be an “honest” indicator of fitness.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Testosterone and attractiveness.

I am 22 to 23, i have pretty high test levels and i put on muscle fairly easily nowadays but regarding facial and body hair, i don't hhave much. I have hair just on my legs and forearms. No back or chest hair (fortunatelly).

I grow facial hair but not that much. I am weird as to why this happens as well. It couldn't be AR because as a teenager i had oily skin and suffered from acne...

Who knows...
Old 02-20-2010, 10:52 AM

I have no hair on my arms...and i think i have naturally low test levels....thanks for making me feel better pal....
Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
I am 22 to 23, i have pretty high test levels and i put on muscle fairly easily nowadays but regarding facial and body hair, i don't hhave much. I have hair just on my legs and forearms. No back or chest hair (fortunatelly).

I grow facial hair but not that much. I am weird as to why this happens as well. It couldn't be AR because as a teenager i had oily skin and suffered from acne...

Who knows...
acne is no fun, but it's "normal" so hey one thing to feel good about, as for the hair, that comes actually more from the X chromosome on the mother's side so nothing to really do with testosterone, testosterone just stimulates it to grow. If the genes don't tell it to be long or even appear at all, it won't.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ob View Post
acne is no fun, but it's "normal" so hey one thing to feel good about, as for the hair, that comes actually more from the X chromosome on the mother's side so nothing to really do with testosterone, testosterone just stimulates it to grow. If the genes don't tell it to be long or even appear at all, it won't.
Yeah, that's probably the case with me. The truth is that i still get acne on my face, back and shoulders and it's pretty bad, especially on the back. Thankfully Pantothenic Acid clears up the skin and the clogged pores so it can be contained but if istop taking it.... here we go again! I can't even take tribulus or zma without it. I break up badly.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably the case with me. The truth is that i still get acne on my face, back and shoulders and it's pretty bad, especially on the back. Thankfully Pantothenic Acid clears up the skin and the clogged pores so it can be contained but if istop taking it.... here we go again! I can't even take tribulus or zma without it. I break up badly.
Same here man, even when I tried my hardest not to sweat like crazy in football or anything else and wash my face right after, sure enough, big old zit had to form.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Same here man, even when I tried my hardest not to sweat like crazy in football or anything else and wash my face right after, sure enough, big old zit had to form.
Yeah, azelaic acid helps a lot as well! It clears up blackheads.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah, azelaic acid helps a lot as well! It clears up blackheads.
Never got them fuckers lol.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Never got them fuckers lol.
Lol! Lucky bastard!