Anastrozole dose increase results in increased libido

Discuss Anastrozole dose increase results in increased libido at the Men's Health Forum; My rats are currently on a TRT replacement program that includes 200 mg T with 600 units of HCG twice ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Default Anastrozole dose increase results in increased libido

My rats are currently on a TRT replacement program that includes 200 mg T with 600 units of HCG twice weekly injected, and 0.25 mg of Anastrozole daily.

Since trying the rat tested formula of A., and noticing the exact same side effect of the compounded and very expensive human tested material, I've opted for the cheaper rat tested variety, without hesitation.

Using the easier to measure rat tested formula, I've noticed the rat's sex drive dramatically increases if the dose is raised and the reverse when lowered, on a week over week basis, from as high as 1 mg per day to as low as 0.1 mg per day.

What's interesting, and unexpected in my results, is that the change in libido occurs when the A. dosage level is increased, and usually within a day. The usual increase or decrease on a week over week basis is approximately 0.1 - 0.2 mg. Why on the upswing, if as I've read here, the higher estrogen levels actually increase libido, and if you dampen it too much, you lose libido?

Given the importance of some estrogen to libido, I would have expected an increase in libido, at least when dropping from 1 mg per day, to say .... 0.5 mg, as opposed to the reverse. My gut feeling is that the increase in libido is resulting from the additional testosterone conversion. The rat is fit, but overweight ... however not obese. I would say moderate belly fat. So this may have some influence on these unexpected results. So is the added T. conversion likely the cause of the increase in libido, and the estrogen just a null factor due to the excess weight and body fat?

Does anyone have a technical opinion of this. The results are so consistent, that I'm sure of what I'm seeing. There's been no real reason to go outside of the normal blood work routine, which is about every six months or as needed. The numbers stay about the same, and this includes the lower levels recorded during TRT vacations.

It's obviously not something I would recommend to anyone else, but anyone who has watched the movie Young Frankenstein knows these things are sometimes unavoidable, within reasonably safe parameters.

The rats enjoy their moments of exceptional glory.

Last edited by Excallibro; 04-17-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Anastrozole dose increase results in increased libido

I guess the clip killed all seriousness of the question I raised.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 06:26 AM

Low estrogen is bad for libido, but too high estrogen is bad too. Only normal, or a little high normal E is good for libido.

Testosterone converts into estrogen and DHT, blocking aromatase with A means more conversion to DHT, which is important for libido too.

Personally I think, good libido is not only about right levels but right proportion between T : DHT : E2 and maybe PRL and DHEA too. The same counts for neurotransmitters.

Last edited by Kwirion; 04-19-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirion View Post
Low estrogen is bad for libido, but too high estrogen is bad too. Only normal, or a little high normal E is good for libido.

Testosterone converts into estrogen and DHT, blocking aromatase with A means more conversion to DHT, which is important for libido too.

Personally I think, good libido is not only about right levels but right proportion between T : DHT : E2 and maybe DHEA too. The same counts for neurotransmitters.
The ratio between T / E / DHT / Progesterone is crucial IMO.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 PM

Lots of arimidex posts in the last few days. I wish guys would post their E2 levels so we could get some good background before answering questions. E2 leves with fluctuate with the progression of TRT based on lean body mass. Titration of the AI will inevitable be needed at some point. The problem with the guessing approach is that very rarely do you find the sweet spot, and in my experience men will feel better at different E2 levels. I have guys with levels in the 50s who feel great and guys in the 30s who feel terrible. I guess the point is everyone is different. That is quite a bit of HCG as well, what is the rationale behind that dose?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 PM

am most definitely convinced that at least for me libido is all about the brain and neurotransmitters....ED and stuff like that maybe more hormonal....just from my experience
Old 04-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrj View Post
am most definitely convinced that at least for me libido is all about the brain and neurotransmitters....ED and stuff like that maybe more hormonal....just from my experience
Prolactin and dopamine are huge factors.