BLOATED with LOW ESTROGEN!

Discuss BLOATED with LOW ESTROGEN! at the Men's Health Forum; Is it possible to be bloated, even with low estrogen? l take 200mg a week of test, HCG , and ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM

Angry BLOATED with LOW ESTROGEN!

Is it possible to be bloated, even with low estrogen? l take 200mg a week of test, HCG, and arimidex. The last time I had my E2 checked it was in the teens, while my testosterone was in the 800 range.

QUESTION 1. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET BLOAT FROM THE HIGH TEST LEVELS THEMSELVES?

QUESTION 2. WHAT CAN I DO TO RID THE WATER WEIGHT.

QUESTION 3. IS A PRESCRIPTION DIURETIC WARRANTED? ARE THEY SAFE? HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF USING ONE?

Thanx,
SKINNYb
Old 02-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: BLOATED with LOW ESTROGEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb4 View Post
Is it possible to be bloated, even with low estrogen? l take 200mg a week of test, HCG, and arimidex. The last time I had my E2 checked it was in the teens, while my testosterone was in the 800 range.

QUESTION 1. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET BLOAT FROM THE HIGH TEST LEVELS THEMSELVES?

QUESTION 2. WHAT CAN I DO TO RID THE WATER WEIGHT.

QUESTION 3. IS A PRESCRIPTION DIURETIC WARRANTED? ARE THEY SAFE? HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF USING ONE?

Thanx,
SKINNYb
Low estrogen can cause bloating because it causes your body to stop burning fat and you end up storing hit.
Bring estrogen up to the mid 20's provided that it is not ultrasensative e2 also if your shbg is higher then you can need more e2 as well and still be fine. I think it could be your potassium sodium ration could be off or possible some form of adrenal or thyroid imbalance as well.
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 PM

I Had my Dr. check my TSH, FT3,FT4, and they came back normal. I asked him recently to check my adrenals and he said "no, because if you had adrenal problems, than you would be sick" So assuming thyroid and adrenals are in check, than what am I looking for?

what is potasium/sodium ratio?
do i need to just watch the salt and sodium in the foods I eat?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 AM

also take your arimidex before bed it helps stop bloating
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb4 View Post
I Had my Dr. check my TSH, FT3,FT4, and they came back normal. I asked him recently to check my adrenals and he said "no, because if you had adrenal problems, than you would be sick" So assuming thyroid and adrenals are in check, than what am I looking for?

what is potasium/sodium ratio?
do i need to just watch the salt and sodium in the foods I eat?
40-50 % of the population has some form of thyroid imbalances so normal for people is TSH >2 can indicate hypothyroidism and ft3 <3.3 and ft4 < 1.2 can also indicated this. Dr mariano has made this issue very clear and dr's need to treat symptoms rather then numbers on the scale.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM

Listen to HAN. My E2 was also in the low teens, then I let it rise and the bloat was gone. It is either due to an adrenal issue or the sodium/potassium ratio. It actually causes dehydration, and your body is trying to hang onto the fluids.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbcoach View Post
Listen to HAN. My E2 was also in the low teens, then I let it rise and the bloat was gone. It is either due to an adrenal issue or the sodium/potassium ratio. It actually causes dehydration, and your body is trying to hang onto the fluids.
GEt the testosterone up will bring up E2...if dhea is then increasing it will bring it up as well.