Brain Fog

Discuss Brain Fog at the Men's Health Forum; Wow. The low T brain fog is really bad. I just took my toolbox out of the closet, took out ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Default Brain Fog

Wow. The low T brain fog is really bad. I just took my toolbox out of the closet, took out the tray, then turned around and tried to put only the tray away! I'm spelling things two and three time, and I've always been and excellent speller and typist.

Is this kind of brain fog standard with low T? I've heard it mentioned, but I've never experienced anything like this before. I go back two and three times to my truck for tools and leave the doors open for the world to steal.....yaaah!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Brain Fog

Smokin more than usual lately?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

I dont know so much about any real "Low T Brain Fogs". But there is clearly some cognitive effects associated with low T.

The best example of a brain fog I can think of is the way one feels on 10mgs /day of creatine.... IMO this is a brain fog...
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper
Old 10-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member

How does that compare to a few hits of top shelf Indica ?
Why does weed mess with your short term memory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC3 View Post
I dont know so much about any real "Low T Brain Fogs". But there is clearly some cognitive effects associated with low T.

The best example of a brain fog I can think of is the way one feels on 10mgs /day of creatine.... IMO this is a brain fog...
Old 10-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarlomatic View Post
Wow. The low T brain fog is really bad. I just took my toolbox out of the closet, took out the tray, then turned around and tried to put only the tray away! I'm spelling things two and three time, and I've always been and excellent speller and typist.

Is this kind of brain fog standard with low T? I've heard it mentioned, but I've never experienced anything like this before. I go back two and three times to my truck for tools and leave the doors open for the world to steal.....yaaah!
Brain fog can be from over 1000 different things so untill you examine the reason why its only a crap shot.
It also can be a sign of MS and nervous degeneration. Getting old sucks !!
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post
Smokin more than usual lately?
Smart Alec. No I don't use that stuff.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
Brain fog can be from over 1000 different things so untill you examine the reason why its only a crap shot.
It also can be a sign of MS and nervous degeneration. Getting old sucks !!
Has me thinking I'm not getting the right tests. I've looked at the symptoms I'm having and I took the questionaire at blog.saravanan.org and it indicates I am probably deficient in melatonin and growth hormone as well as T. They come from the pituitary and the pineal glands and the pituitary stimulates T production with LH. Other than Total and Free Test, the endo did TPO, Free T4, and TSH, which are all thyroid tests and came out normal. My regular doc did a battery of blood tests, but I need to get a copy so I can be sure. But he was not looking at anything glandular as far as I know.

I noticed that the pituitary also makes vasopressin or ADH and one of the symptoms on the sheet is "I have a hard time thinking straight".

My endo seems to know what he is doing, but what do I know? I'm in electronics. I'm just trying to sort this all out so I can get back into life.

I see at Endotext.com - Endocrinology Of Male Reproduction, Chapter 5, in the evaluation section, there is a chart which seems to indicate what standard practice is for testing in hypogonadism, and we quit after the low T tests.

Should I be asking for LH, FSH or other tests?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

I wasnt entirely joking. The memory Sx you describe are similar to those produced.bycanabis.
wiki "Experiments on animal and human tissue have demonstrated disruption of short-term memory,[14] which is consistent with the abundance of CB1 receptors on the hippocampus, the region of the brain most closely associated with memory. Cannabinoids inhibit the release of several neurotransmitters in the hippocampus, like acetylcholine, norepinephrine, and glutamate, resulting in a major decrease in neuronal activity in that region. This decrease in activity resembles a "temporary hippocampal lesion."[14] In the end, this procedure could lead to the blocking of cellular processes that are associated with memory formation."

I dont think your HPT is at the root. Rule out adrenal problems .
Ony other neurological Sx?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarlomatic View Post
Smart Alec. No I don't use that stuff.

Last edited by zkt; 10-24-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post
I wasnt entirely joking. The memory Sx you describe are similar to those produced.bycanabis.
wiki "Experiments on animal and human tissue have demonstrated disruption of short-term memory,[14] which is consistent with the abundance of CB1 receptors on the hippocampus, the region of the brain most closely associated with memory. Cannabinoids inhibit the release of several neurotransmitters in the hippocampus, like acetylcholine, norepinephrine, and glutamate, resulting in a major decrease in neuronal activity in that region. This decrease in activity resembles a "temporary hippocampal lesion."[14] In the end, this procedure could lead to the blocking of cellular processes that are associated with memory formation."

I dont think your HPT is at the root. Rule out adrenal problems .
Any other neurological Sx?.
Sorry, thought you were joking. I've never been into that so I don't think along those lines.

Only other symptom like that is a persistent headache, but that is a recent development. I have trouble sleeping without a sleep aid, the one I'm using is melatonin based according to my endo, which works perfectly.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

Brain fog I would look at
1. Sleep quality
2. hypotension - use more sea salt
3. Blood sugar and insulin imbalance
4. elevated estrodial to testosterone ratio
5. Nutritional imbalances
6. Food allergies
7. thyroid imbalances
8. adrenals imbalances