MESO-Rx

MESO-Rx (http://thinksteroids.com/forum/)
-   Men's Health Forum (http://thinksteroids.com/forum/mens-health-forum/)
-   -   Could TRT be effecting my job (negatively)? (http://thinksteroids.com/forum/mens-health-forum/could-testosterone-replacement-therapy-134347849.html)

LW64 12-11-2013 07:46 PM

Re: Could TRT be effecting my job (negatively)?

When was the last time you had a vacation?

dyna5 12-11-2013 08:33 PM

As much as i defend T, i must admit, i am much more patient when i am NOT using T. I do notice a difference when it comes to my own children. No doubt in my mind. In fact, i look forward to taking 3 to 4 months off T which i do every year and am able to sit down with my son and help him to puzzles and play with his Lego's. i have a very hard time doing this when i am on T.. And yes, my estrogen and everything else is good.
Why are Alpha males horrible listeners? Why are guys with low T so " friendly and empathetic"?

leroyjenkins8 12-12-2013 12:34 AM

You could possibly look into your estrogen levels. I find that test actually makes me much more personable. When I had low test and high estrogen I was at my bitchiest. That said, I've always had a problem with rude people -- people who cut in line, are mean to service people, etc. -- and when my T levels are high I tend to get vocal about it irrespective of estrogen levels.

bltchemistry 12-12-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler81 (Post 945715)
The short answer is Yes.

When i had low T i was alot more empathetic than I am now.

I dont know if i was more patient but i was definetly more empathetic.

On testosterone i sometimes feel a bit more "cold". I would guess this is a symptom of higher T as higher T males are usually a bit more cold and stoic than lower T males who might be more empathetic and kind and considerate.

I was definetly kinder and more empathetic when I was low T.

No question about it.

Three years ago I was incarcerated immediately after a heavy 20 week cycle and was not able to undergo PCT. I spent two years (1&1/2 of them locked up) with almost zero testosterone. I was absolutely more empathetic, "in touch", and just not myself. For better or worse, since starting TRT, I am my old self... I have been told by multiple people that I seem to have "an edge". More confident, and aggressive, but in a controlled manner. I am in sales, so that edge suits my profession perfectly...:cool:

lxm 12-12-2013 07:10 AM

Off testosterone I am friendly and empathetic to others, I feel that I take a 'back seat' with alot and let people walk over me, I never get angry.

When I was on testosterone I would feel frustrated very easily, be cold to people and take no rubbish from people.

flenser 12-12-2013 07:55 AM

I find I am more willing to let my anger show, but I don't think I am any less patient. Sometimes situations require a little anger, or they never get resolved. My ability to handle those kinds of situations has improved dramatically since going on TRT.

Bucky 12-12-2013 09:05 AM

Like others were saying, the TRT made me more confident, increased libido, and helped me make gains in the gym. Unfortunately, I was also more confrontational and impatient. I came to find out my TRT regimen was not optimal. 600 mg once per month at first! I convinced the doc to make it eow at 400mg. Still not good. SO what did I do? Came on meso, started my own regimen, and dumped the doc :D I putzed around with TRT doses for a few weeks, then decided to cycle. Being on cycle just magnified all the above mentioned effects. The feeling you get when women can't stop checking you out cannot be compared to anything else. Even dudes want to talk to you. Before going on test, I didn't talk to many total strangers, but while on, people would start conversations. Human nature amazes me. My biggest problem with the gear was IT EFFECTED MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY SON. That's where I draw the line.
We would be practicing lacrosse or basketball at the park and if he kept making the same mistake, I would fly off the handle. I ceased to acknowledge the fact that I was dealing with a single digit age kid and turned something that should be nothing more than FUN into a grueling training session. I had to check myself, so I finished my cycle and at this point, I am attempting a restart with PCT. In hindsight, I feel that I rushed into TRT. I will see what I can get back to naturally and take it from there. Don't get me wrong, it feels great to be on test. FUCKING GREAT. We all know it, but there is a trade off at some point. I am not in my early 20's and I have a family now, so maybe cycling gear is not for me anymore. I am waiting on HGH and will give that a shot. :D
IDMD, I strongly recommend you look into why you are feeling the way you are. You have to ask yourself if it wasn't for the test, would you enjoy what you do? Don't let TRT fuck with your income or your family! Even if you can suppress your aggravation, the parents could probably sense that you have an attitude. This could translate into a bad situation: patients not only don't return, but give you bad word of mouth. I have a feeling that in your line of work, word of mouth is a big factor. However, you would know better than I. I hope you can sort this stuff out with a level head and come out of this feeling you made the best decision for you.

Hankzig 12-12-2013 11:18 PM

No doubt about it. I started TRT at 34...was on for 7 years...then quit for 2 years. And now I am back on for the past month....I wish I would have never quit for those 2 years.....

I FEEL AWESOME RIGHT NOW!!!

Positives about TRT: feel great, I'm hornier than I have ever been, probably more so than in high school, I feel very positive...(when I quit TRT for 2 years, I became so depressed I contemplated suicide)...I am very smart aleck...like I was in high school.

Negative...I am much less empathetic towards my children and wife...I coach youth sports and I am much less tolerant to my players performance...think Bob Knight...

Tyler81 12-13-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxm (Post 945997)
Off testosterone I am friendly and empathetic to others, I feel that I take a 'back seat' with alot and let people walk over me, I never get angry.

When I was on testosterone I would feel frustrated very easily, be cold to people and take no rubbish from people.

I'm finding this a real problem actually. The "be cold to people and take no rubbish from people". I am finding that's definetly how i am these days. It's like i take no shit from anyone including my boss and her boss and his boss even. It's like i dont give a fuck. I get frusterated about bullshit in the office and i often speak my mind and it causes friction. I have called people out and this isn't really me. Or at least it isnt the "low T" me who i am more familiar with for 29 years of my life.

I am going to be stopping my treatment over the holidays just to see how i feel off.

I definetly 'butt heads' with people more that im on TRT than i did before. Before TRT i was less assertive but i was also the "easy going guy who gets along with everyone" ..... now im like a bull in a china shop.

Tyler81 12-13-2013 08:42 PM

I hate to say it.... but im basically more of an asshole on TRT than off TRT.