Is This Deep Ketosis..how do I get out?

Discuss Is This Deep Ketosis..how do I get out? at the Men's Health Forum; I can't go into ketosis unless my carbs are under 20 grams daily. As soon as I eat anymore than ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:36 PM
MESO-Rx Sponsor

Default Re: Is This Deep Ketosis..how do I get out?

I can't go into ketosis unless my carbs are under 20 grams daily. As soon as I eat anymore than that I immediately come out of ketosis.

IronMagLabs.com

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
As mentioned on the phone when carbs are low boost your fats. Protein should stay about your body weight carbs 100 grams complex. Fats about 75-90 grams. Holding this for a few days then we can adjust up on down, based on how you feel.
I agree. This is very good advice.

I would add that, if you can do it, to split this up into five meals. If you have a family history of diabetes (and it sounds like you do), then splitting your intake into smaller, more frequent meals, is easier on your pancreas. In this particular example, that would work out to 5 meals of around 20 complex carbs each.

Personally, I eat 6 to 8 meals a day, but it's not for everyone (nor is it necessary).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
I can't go into ketosis unless my carbs are under 20 grams daily. As soon as I eat anymore than that I immediately come out of ketosis.
Yeah, I'm not getting all this talk about coming out of ketosis gradually. OP was out of ketosis within an hour of the bottle of OJ .
Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
Yeah, I'm not getting all this talk about coming out of ketosis gradually. OP was out of ketosis within an hour of the bottle of OJ .
Yep.

The OP is suffering from making the switch to low-carb without adding in enough fat to help it happen fast enough. He got de-hydrated and de-mineralized all while his BG was just high enough from all the protein he was eating to keep him in keto-adaptation limbo too long. If he had raised his fat intake, drank water until he floated, and added some salt (for weakness or nausea) and potassium (if he had muscle cramps) he would be past it much easier and he'd be happily eating low-carb with no sides within a day or two.

The lesson to be learned from this is that if you're going low-carb, you need to pretty much go face-down into the animal fat right away and go easy on the protein.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

He is doing much better know. His cardiologist was very nice on the phone and admired he did know how the diet could have affected his symptoms but was open to it. I think he is good hands with a good team of drs