Grapefruit juice nighttime erections

Discuss Grapefruit juice nighttime erections at the Men's Health Forum; For the past several months I have been watching my diet and cutting back on calories. I lost 25lbs. I ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Default Grapefruit juice nighttime erections

For the past several months I have been watching my diet and cutting back on calories. I lost 25lbs. I am 47, lifting for 30 years no drugs whatsoever except for occasional Benadryl.
Before going to bed I usually snack on half a cup of unsalted peanuts and cashews. Several weeks ago I started drinking diluted grapefruit juice and water to wash down the cashews. Strange thing. I started getting solid morning wood. Now, if I stop drinking the grapefruit juice, the wood is less pronounced or non existent. Now everywhere I search I find nothing linking grapefruit juice and morning wood. I am not saying it increased my libido, because it has not. Just solid wood. Also, this is not just a full bladder issue because if I wake up in the middle of the night, the wood is there. I have read that grapefruit increase estrogen in the blood. but that does not makes sense to me in this situation. I am not complaining, just curious. Anyone have any ideas?
blksxmn likes this.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Grapefruit juice nighttime erections

If your estradiol was below optimal, maybe the grapefruit bumps it up some by slowing metabolism at the liver. Have you tested your levels?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
If your estradiol was below optimal, maybe the grapefruit bumps it up some by slowing metabolism at the liver. Have you tested your levels?
About 3 years ago I was tested and everything was normal according to the Doc John. But that was 3 years ago.
Thanks LeanGuy for reply
Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 PM

Grapefruit juice decreases insulin resistance. My fasting insulin was very high at 27. After taking grapefruit juice 3 times per day, cinnamon and metformin it droped to >2. That's as good as you can get. Grapefruit didn't do it all but I'm sure it had a huge impact.

You could of had high insulin and high glucose levels and the grapefruit juice reduced them. High insulin and glucose are not exactly good for your sex drive. Many cutting diets use grapefruits to help cut weight.

The chemicals in Grapefruit juice have been proven to change the bio availability and half life of endless medications in numerous studies have been done showing the effects. All I can say is grapefruit juice might be one of those miracle foods for some people.

Grapefruit drug interactions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Grapefruit drug interactions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM

Interesting post too. My diet is very low carbs in the morning, followed by some carbs in the evening. Now it could be the peanuts and grapefruit interacting? I dont know. Has anyone had similar results?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 PM

I've noticed spontaneous erections not long after eating muesli (containing some peanuts) - might be due to the proclaimed effect of L-arginine which peanuts are high in - who knows. Never tried the grapefruit juice but anything that improves erections is always worth shot.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 AM

It could just be the weight loss allowing for better blood flow, or eating less saturated fat. I am going to try drinking the grapefruit juice alone and see what happens.
Process of elimination.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:58 AM

Old 11-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Talking Re: Grapefruit juice nighttime erections

Britman,
Good research!
I have not drank grapefruit juice for over a week now and the morning wood is all but gone. I am going to have some this week and see if it comes back.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 PM

And thank you JanSz for your post as well. good read