HCG - 1000IU too much?

Discuss HCG - 1000IU too much? at the Men's Health Forum; Is 1000 IU 3x a week for HRT (Secondary hypogonadism) too much? I was prescribed 5000IU 3x a week. These ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 AM

Default HCG - 1000IU too much?

Is 1000 IU 3x a week for HRT (Secondary hypogonadism) too much?

I was prescribed 5000IU 3x a week. These are Japanese protocols. I am self-injecting so I can reduce the dose. My test levels went from below average range into the upper 1/3 range. E2 is 78 but unfortunately there are no protocols in place to reduce E2 as of yet in Japan.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: HCG - 1000IU too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyJ View Post
Is 1000 IU 3x a week for HRT (Secondary hypogonadism) too much?

I was prescribed 5000IU 3x a week. These are Japanese protocols. I am self-injecting so I can reduce the dose. My test levels went from below average range into the upper 1/3 range. E2 is 78 but unfortunately there are no protocols in place to reduce E2 as of yet in Japan.

It is difficult to say with certainty without knowing more about you and your condition, but it is likely too much as an HRT protocol. It may be possible for you to achieve a similar result without the sky-high E2 on 1000IU/wk, or less.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM

31 years old. Diagnosed with low T a few years back. Had several tests done to rule out causes for the low T. HCG stimulation test showed my testes to be working.

The protocols for testosterone injections are 1x every 2 weeks. I get 1 injection of 125 test depot but that didn't do much. HCG was introduced at 500IU twice a week. This month it's 1000IU 3x a week along with HMG for fertility reasons. Once my wife is pregnant, it's back to 500IU. However, during the lab tests for fertility my test levels where in the upper 1/3. LH and FSH were too low to count.

I am allowed to control the amount of HCG going into my body and I would like to give my body as much test without my E2 going off the chart. I would hope that the fertility doctor figures something out (He hinted at looking into it).

Anything else I should post?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
31 years old. Diagnosed with low T a few years back. Had several tests done to rule out causes for the low T. HCG stimulation test showed my testes to be working.

The protocols for testosterone injections are 1x every 2 weeks. I get 1 injection of 125 test depot but that didn't do much. HCG was introduced at 500IU twice a week. This month it's 1000IU 3x a week along with HMG for fertility reasons. Once my wife is pregnant, it's back to 500IU. However, during the lab tests for fertility my test levels where in the upper 1/3. LH and FSH were too low to count.

I am allowed to control the amount of HCG going into my body and I would like to give my body as much test without my E2 going off the chart. I would hope that the fertility doctor figures something out (He hinted at looking into it).

Whole different ball game since the hCG, in this case, is being used as a fertility drug rather than for HRT. It's out of my realm. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
Before the fertility treatment, though, your hCG dose was probably too high, given that it was an adjunct to the 125 mg. of T.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Doctor of Medicine

Quote:

This is clearly for fertility. What was the result of the semen analysis? It is expected that the FSH and LH be abnormally low. By the way, spermatogenesis takes 70-100 days.

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Old 01-29-2010, 08:25 AM

Prior to the HMG being given to me, I was get 3 injections of 500IU per week for testosterone replacement therapy. The increase in HCG and addition of HMG was added when my sperm count was at 6.3 x 10 *6. (*means: to the power of).

Japanese HRT is far behind what most of the modern world has going on. My endo doctor said he couldn't prescribe T shots more than 1x ever 2 weeks because beyond that goes beyond the protocols that are in place and insurance wouldn't cover it beyond that anyways. Androgel doesn't exist in Japan as much as doctors would like to see it.

Sucks that spermatogenesis takes so long. Are there times when this is faster?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

If your doing HCG for HRT to keep your Testosterone levels up a lot of guys found doing 100 IU's everyday worked better this keeps you leveled and holds down estradiol levels. If you keep doing very high dose's of HCG it can in time desensitize your testis to it and you will become Primary.
Quote:
Prior to the HMG being given to me, I was get 3 injections of 500IU per week for testosterone replacement therapy. The increase in HCG and addition of HMG was added when my sperm count was at 6.3 x 10 *6. (*means: to the power of).

Japanese HRT is far behind what most of the modern world has going on. My endo doctor said he couldn't prescribe T shots more than 1x ever 2 weeks because beyond that goes beyond the protocols that are in place and insurance wouldn't cover it beyond that anyways. Androgel doesn't exist in Japan as much as doctors would like to see it.

Sucks that spermatogenesis takes so long. Are there times when this is faster?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Doctor of Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
If your doing HCG for HRT to keep your Testosterone levels up a lot of guys found doing 100 IU's everyday worked better this keeps you leveled and holds down estradiol levels. If you keep doing very high dose's of HCG it can in time desensitize your testis to it and you will become Primary.
There is not a single case in the literature of converting someone to primary hypogonadism by hCG administration. In fact, I challenge anyone to cite a study of hCG desensitization (humans) and further resulting in any adverse consequence. We are talking about human beings, not rats.

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/

Last edited by Michael Scally MD; 01-29-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Psychologist; Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scally MD View Post
There is not a single case in the literature of converting someone to primary hypogonadism by hCG administration. In fact, I challenge anyone to cite a study of hCG desensitization (humans) and further resulting in any adverse consequence. We are talking about human beings, not rats.

for TRT purposes, what range of HCG doses have you recommended? While I realize that this may be a matter of clinical effects and blood work, what doses would be used on a weekly or more frequent protocol?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know of any study saying this but I have seen it happen some of the men stopped the HCG and later on there Testis came back. Here is a study saying men don't need a lot of HCG to make Testosterone.
Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression -- Coviello et al. 90 (5): 2595 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism