HCG and hypothalmus/ pituitary shutdown

Discuss HCG and hypothalmus/ pituitary shutdown at the Men's Health Forum; OK, the question is: HOw long can I take hcg before it starts to cause irreversible (on longer term) suppression ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

Default HCG and hypothalmus/ pituitary shutdown

OK, the question is: HOw long can I take hcg before it starts to cause irreversible (on longer term) suppression of my tiny little brain. I have not been prescribed HCG due to any type 1 or 2 issues, but i have been using to combat testicular shutdown while on TRT or higher doses of testosterone. So if there is anything to negative feedback does this actually apply to HCG usage. Maybe it does not even apply and HCG only "mimics", but I am sure there has to be some message going to my brain and telling it not to make LH, etc. for now while I am supping the HCG. SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT DURATION OF HCG USAGE further shutting my down.?
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper
Old 06-13-2009, 01:21 AM

Default Re: HCG and hypothalmus/ pituitary shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC3 View Post
OK, the question is: HOw long can I take hcg before it starts to cause irreversible (on longer term) suppression of my tiny little brain. I have not been prescribed HCG due to any type 1 or 2 issues, but i have been using to combat testicular shutdown while on TRT or higher doses of testosterone. So if there is anything to negative feedback does this actually apply to HCG usage. Maybe it does not even apply and HCG only "mimics", but I am sure there has to be some message going to my brain and telling it not to make LH, etc. for now while I am supping the HCG. SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT DURATION OF HCG USAGE further shutting my down.?

Using HCG will cause your pituitary to stop producing LH/FSH. Nothing you can do about this. I've never heard of irreversible suppression. If you stop HCG you should start producing LH/FSH again. I suppose there is the possibility I just have not heard of it.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

True but he said he was on TRT this shuts down the brain from sending LH and FSH and it's the HCG we take to active the LH and FSH cells in the body, brain and testis. As long as one does not do more then 500 IU's in a day nothing can go wrong. You would need to keep track of your Estradiol E2 levels but I know of no harm doing HCG been on it for yrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgizzmo View Post
Using HCG will cause your pituitary to stop producing LH/FSH. Nothing you can do about this. I've never heard of irreversible suppression. If you stop HCG you should start producing LH/FSH again. I suppose there is the possibility I just have not heard of it.

Paul
Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

SO THEN, this means that when we are prioritizing risk of shut down damage, the nuts are what is really the issue?? Is it the testicles that have the only chance of sustaining permanent physical damage? Do you guys think it matters how long on HCG as far as getting LH production up again, etc... Perhaps even the removal of exogenous HCG thus rendering my body with none should even better spike an even fuller return to LH and FSH production. Did we just agree that HCG substitution does not shut down natural LH, and that it is only the TRT (testosterone). I am also experimenting with DECA for joints and muscle growth. Whats the deal here. I understand the long half-life, but why the extensive shutdown. Is it a long remaining progesterone factor, or just the fact that Deca is simple that highly anabolic that it is elliciting the reaction. I could use a refresher course if someone is willing.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC3 View Post
SO THEN, this means that when we are prioritizing risk of shut down damage, the nuts are what is really the issue?? Is it the testicles that have the only chance of sustaining permanent physical damage? Do you guys think it matters how long on HCG as far as getting LH production up again, etc... Perhaps even the removal of exogenous HCG thus rendering my body with none should even better spike an even fuller return to LH and FSH production. Did we just agree that HCG substitution does not shut down natural LH, and that it is only the TRT (testosterone). I am also experimenting with DECA for joints and muscle growth. Whats the deal here. I understand the long half-life, but why the extensive shutdown. Is it a long remaining progesterone factor, or just the fact that Deca is simple that highly anabolic that it is elliciting the reaction. I could use a refresher course if someone is willing.
Sorry, I missed the TRT part. HCG will shut down natural LH as will TRT. I don't know if anyone is going to give you a for sure answer on permanent damage to the pituitary or testis. There are guys that have been on TRT for years and things are still working. Some are able to come off of TRT and start everything back naturally.

Sorry, can't help you on the Deca.

Paul
Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 AM

Sorry if I'm bringing up an old thread, but I believe this is EXACTLY why I'm having to go on TRT.

I did several cycles before, all the same level of test, one with Nolva only and a few with Nolva and Clomid. I always bounced back within a few months, and had the bloodwork to prove it.

On my last cycle about a year and a half ago I decided to try HCG using SWALES protocol of a bit throughout the cycle instead of all at the end.

Long story short, it's 1.5 years later and my balls are fine, but my pituitary isn't making enough LH and FSH to tell them to produce enough testosterone. So I have secondary hypogonadism at the age of 33 and it seems to be irriversible.

I tried ZMA, Tribulus, lots of full body workouts... I just can't bounce back from this and blood test after blood test all say the same thing > Low FSH, low LH, low free test and low syrum test.

It's just something to think about. I know lots of people swear by HCG, but I wish I would have just kept it simple and stuck with Nolva as-needed and let my body do the work of returning to homeostasis.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

BUMP

Could someone please explain "suicide inhibitors" and how they work, duration, long term effects. Particularly with regard to Aromasin. Can percentage calculations be made. It is even possible to partially shut down E conversion with them.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM

Just got back from the fertility doctor and his assumption after talking about what I've done with steroids and how my several blood test results came back - is that my use (or abuse, rather) of HCG throughout my last cycle has done something to cause my hypothalamus from sending the gnrh hormone to my pituitary. They (my primary care physician and an endocrinologist( did MRIs and everything to find out if something was wrong with my pituitary (thought I had a pituitary adenoma - scared the shit out of me) but it seems to be fine. My testes are fine. My sperm is fine.

I just want to share this experience with anyone who thinks about taking HCG. It may be great for you, but there are risks too. I wish I could do it over again and just stick to nolva for PCT and let my body come back to homeostasis on its own.

All previous cycles were fine. I bounced back easily. This last one has messed me up for a lifetime and the ONLY difference between this and the others is that I used HCG.

Last edited by bbone; 06-30-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Adding more
Old 07-03-2009, 12:35 AM

Great information...not actually what i was hoping to read as Im in my 5th week of hcg. Perhaps i should try nolva for a while it see how it works before continuing the hcg. how will u choose to treat your new found secondary condition?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Also, how much hcg were u taking? u used the word abuse and im interested. thx!