HCG/Testicle Size

Discuss HCG/Testicle Size at the Men's Health Forum; Hi all.....About a year ago, my testicles lost size inexplicably. I'm 38 and never had sexual issues previously. This loss ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 PM

Default HCG/Testicle Size

Hi all.....About a year ago, my testicles lost size inexplicably. I'm 38 and never had sexual issues previously. This loss of size occurred about 3 months after a bout of mono. I also have been treated for hypothyroidism for about 7 years with synthroid. During the first several months of facing this, doctors (uro's) were generally unhelpful. A couple said I was fine. One recommended T which I was apprehensive to start because I'm still young and want to preserve fertility. At the time, my total T was about 500. An ultrasound did not find any vascular issues. Cancer was ruled out via the ultrasound and blood work. LH and FSH were about 1.8 each so I assumed I was secondary but I could not find a good doc until about 7 months after onset. Currently, I have a good hormone doc who tested me on clomid for a few months. Clomid bumped my total T from the mid 400s to the low 600s so I assumed that was confirmation of secondary hypo. About 4 weeks ago, I started HCG shots at 500 IUs 3x a week. The T has come up more to about 700. However, the testicles show no sign of bouncing back yet. Is this a sperm production issue? Will it take longer given the time I was untreated (about 8 months)? I've heard that sperm production takes 3 months to get back online. Or do I need a higher dosing of HCG? Or am I looking at other issues? My doc suggested that my adrenals may be sluggish too. Plus my ferritin is 15. Sorry to be rambling. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: HCG/Testicle Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRat View Post
Hi all.....About a year ago, my testicles lost size inexplicably. I'm 38 and never had sexual issues previously. This loss of size occurred about 3 months after a bout of mono. I also have been treated for hypothyroidism for about 7 years with synthroid. During the first several months of facing this, doctors (uro's) were generally unhelpful. A couple said I was fine. One recommended T which I was apprehensive to start because I'm still young and want to preserve fertility. At the time, my total T was about 500. An ultrasound did not find any vascular issues. Cancer was ruled out via the ultrasound and blood work. LH and FSH were about 1.8 each so I assumed I was secondary but I could not find a good doc until about 7 months after onset. Currently, I have a good hormone doc who tested me on clomid for a few months. Clomid bumped my total T from the mid 400s to the low 600s so I assumed that was confirmation of secondary hypo. About 4 weeks ago, I started HCG shots at 500 IUs 3x a week. The T has come up more to about 700. However, the testicles show no sign of bouncing back yet. Is this a sperm production issue? Will it take longer given the time I was untreated (about 8 months)? I've heard that sperm production takes 3 months to get back online. Or do I need a higher dosing of HCG? Or am I looking at other issues? My doc suggested that my adrenals may be sluggish too. Plus my ferritin is 15. Sorry to be rambling. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
4 weeks may not be long enough.
Guy on AM board, secondary, uses much larger weekly dose with good results.
500iu every day should still be ok, he uses more than that.

Use iron supplementation, your ferritin is low.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
4 weeks may not be long enough.
Guy on AM board, secondary, uses much larger weekly dose with good results.
500iu every day should still be ok, he uses more than that.

Use iron supplementation, your ferritin is low.
Jan, if you are talking about Kolkurtz, he doesnt use that much anymore. I think he uses right around 1500 IUs per week. Something close to that should get it done. Sure, higher may take the T higher, but I don think it will make his nads any bigger.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 AM

I'm at a loss as to why I'm not getting any kick back in terms of testicle size. It seems T is going up as it should. My only guess is that sperm production is offline. I've heard a little about HMG. Perhaps that would be more effective. I know HCG has some FSH effect but presumably not as much as HMG. Anyone know what the cost comparison between HCG and HMG is?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRat View Post
I'm at a loss as to why I'm not getting any kick back in terms of testicle size. It seems T is going up as it should. My only guess is that sperm production is offline. I've heard a little about HMG. Perhaps that would be more effective. I know HCG has some FSH effect but presumably not as much as HMG. Anyone know what the cost comparison between HCG and HMG is?
Forget about HMG, expensive, unles you want to get her pregnant and it does not work on HCG alone.

Switching from Crisler Protocol to hCG Monotherapy???

Ask colkurtz_spf
find out what he is doing now.

post #3
quote:
I spent close to a year on 8000 IUs per week with 10,000 during the first 2 months.

Last edited by JanSz; 04-11-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:48 PM

Like I said, he dropped below 2k IUs and has had good results.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM

Actually, he's at 2k IU (500, 500, 1000 IU split) and 1.5 mgs Adex per week. 500-600 EOD would probably be a good place to start for monotherapy, under the care of a doctor, of course.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxie1 View Post
Actually, he's at 2k IU (500, 500, 1000 IU split) and 1.5 mgs Adex per week. 500-600 EOD would probably be a good place to start for monotherapy, under the care of a doctor, of course.
I am at 500iu EOD
Old 04-11-2008, 05:34 PM

Jan, I'm talking about hCG monotherapy. Your dose is quite large considering your substantial T-cyp dosage, as well as the Adex. Perhaps you are a hyper metabolizer. If used what you are using, my TT would be 2000.

I hope it gives you some robust, corpulent, productive nuts!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxie1 View Post
Jan, I'm talking about hCG monotherapy. Your dose is quite large considering your substantial T-cyp dosage, as well as the Adex. Perhaps you are a hyper metabolizer. If used what you are using, my TT would be 2000.

I hope it gives you some robust, corpulent, productive nuts!
I said in another place, but it will not hurt to repeat it.

It sounds logical to me to support testicles with HCG in a maximum healthy way.
Then as a second phase to add testosterone if testicles are not able to produce enough.
Additional testosterone should be dosed in such a way as to arrive at proper BioAvalableTestosterone level.

250iu twice weekly is not even close to what testicles need for a full support.
In my personal experience, 500iu EOD does not create high E2 levels.