High SHBG...please help

Discuss High SHBG...please help at the Men's Health Forum; with potassium intake I bet is probably about 2500 mgs if that. factor in greentea and overtrainig, cardo you are ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: High SHBG...please help

with potassium intake I bet is probably about 2500 mgs if that. factor in greentea and overtrainig, cardo you are proably excerting more then that this can cause fatigue cramping , adernaline running wild as well, factor in cortisol you got a huge endocrine mess. SO TELL YOUR FAMOUS DIEITCIAN THAT LOL.. I bet you carbs are under 150 grams a day?. To get your thyroid regulated I would eat a mess load of carb (300 grams with no protein or fat. 2 cups oatmeal 2 yam and 1 large banna before going to bed and it will make you sleep like a baby increasing serotonin levels and resets your thyroid.. I refeed people on low carb diets 2 times a week.. Look at your tongue i bet it has a white coating on it showing signs of dehydration. If you are type A or B blood time this diet is not for you. If you are type O then it will work. ZMA and rebalancing brain and electrolyte is the key along with rest.
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
with potassium intake I bet is probably about 2500 mgs if that. factor in greentea and overtrainig, cardo you are proably excerting more then that this can cause fatigue cramping , adernaline running wild as well, factor in cortisol you got a huge endocrine mess. SO TELL YOUR FAMOUS DIEITCIAN THAT LOL.. I bet you carbs are under 150 grams a day?. To get your thyroid regulated I would eat a mess load of carb (300 grams with no protein or fat. 2 cups oatmeal 2 yam and 1 large banna before going to bed and it will make you sleep like a baby increasing serotonin levels and resets your thyroid.. I refeed people on low carb diets 2 times a week.. Look at your tongue i bet it has a white coating on it showing signs of dehydration. If you are type A or B blood time this diet is not for you. If you are type O then it will work. ZMA and rebalancing brain and electrolyte is the key along with rest.
My main carbs per day are somthing like 60 grams of oatmeal, 5.5 oz of a banana.
My tongue does have a whitish coating but I have only been srinking 1 gallon of water per day when I should have been drinking two. Would that have made a difference?

Also, my stool is not regular and comes out in clumps.

How do I find out my blood type?

What's the difference between ZMA and zinc?

can I just add more calcium and magnesuim for electrolytes?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace View Post
My main carbs per day are somthing like 60 grams of oatmeal, 5.5 oz of a banana.
My tongue does have a whitish coating but I have only been srinking 1 gallon of water per day when I should have been drinking two. Would that have made a difference?

Also, my stool is not regular and comes out in clumps.

How do I find out my blood type?

What's the difference between ZMA and zinc?

can I just add more calcium and magnesuim for electrolytes?
YOur famous RN should know this. It makes me crinch when I hear this from so called "nutritonal gurus"
reason you can not shit is because of excessive adrenaline and low serotonin from low carbs causing your intestines to come to a grinding halt, plus you are not eating 3-4 servings of greens a day for proper fiber intake. trust me ZMA will help pull you out of this slump. your forgetting sodium, potassium, chloride, also are electrolytes. Are you also taking BCAAS as well plus creatine? I would suggest your Dietican to re examine the programs he puts people on because he's causes excessive stress to adrenals and thyroid as your labs are reflecting.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
YOur famous RN should know this. It makes me crinch when I hear this from so called "nutritonal gurus"
reason you can not shit is because of excessive adrenaline and low serotonin from low carbs causing your intestines to come to a grinding halt, plus you are not eating 3-4 servings of greens a day for proper fiber intake. trust me ZMA will help pull you out of this slump. your forgetting sodium, potassium, chloride, also are electrolytes. Are you also taking BCAAS as well plus creatine? I would suggest your Dietican to re examine the programs he puts people on because he's causes excessive stress to adrenals and thyroid as your labs are reflecting.
Here is my diet:

meal #1 - 4 servings meat, 2 fat, 1 fruit, 1 carb, 1 milk
#2 - 4 meat, 2 fat, 1 fruit, 1 carb
#3 - 5 meat, 2 fat, 1 veg, 1 carb
#4 - 4 meat, 3 fat, 2 veg
#5 - 5 meat, 3 fat, 3 veg

Totals - carbs = 120g, Protein = 141g, fat = 60g
5G of fish oil / day

During workout 5-6 servings BCAAs during workout (Xtend). No creatine.

Vitamins:
Calcium - 1.2-1.8 G / day
mag - 450 mg
Zinc - 20mg
C - 2-4 G
E - 800mg
D - 2.5 G

Last edited by spaceace; 08-19-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

YOur over trained and under feed resulting in excessive cortisol / adrenals out put due to starvation. Have your DR check rt3 and you will find your answer. BCAAS are causing serotonin depletion because they compete withe the same transport as trytophan resulting in sleep issues. Excessive adrenaline and cortisol is depleting your nutrients also affecting your sleep patterns. Seriously I would definitrely rethink about going to this guy again. Your blood panel is affected by his diet and reflective of starvations. Shbg is elevated in starvation and low caloire diet. If I saw these results on a person blood test and I found out that this was from an RN. I would tell him to stay with clinical cases where his expereitise are warranted. When dealin with athletes its a whole other world. Guys I train start come to eating 2400 caloires at 180 which is still on the low end. With in a few weeksd they are eating upto 3600 caloires and are leaner then they were at 2400 caloires. I brought a guy into a body building show on 5,000 calories while other people are starving them selves.. YOu program the body to eat more and burn more..
Old 08-19-2008, 08:40 PM

hardasnails1973, please check you PM
Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Right back at ya ..you want reference pm iron brendan..
Old 08-26-2008, 04:51 PM

Well, after 6 days off and eating at maintence my SHBG was still high at 74. But it did come down a bit from 86.7 to 74 (range 14.5 - 48.4 nmol/L).

I wonder if more time off will lower it even more or medication is in order. I have a phone consult with Shippen tomorrow but don't want to go on danazol if I don't have to, especially considering how low my E2 is.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 AM

I want to ad that in July I stopped using low dose topcial arimidex after about 4 months.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member

Stupid compounding shit again .. It can never be titrated properly just use the pills.