How long does a first injection take to work?

Discuss How long does a first injection take to work? at the Men's Health Forum; How long does it take for a first injection to work? What is the longest reasonable time? My doctor wanted ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 AM

Default How long does a first injection take to work?

How long does it take for a first injection to work? What is the longest reasonable time?

My doctor wanted to give me a shot to confirm that my T is low (I've tested anywhere
from 330 to 460 with normal lab ranges of 400-1080). He said if my
testosterone was truly low, I'd notice a difference within a day or
two of getting the shot. It's been almost 48 hours now and I don't
feel anything yet. The does was 200 mg/ml to the butt. I'm 23 and 170 lbs.

How long does it really take? I'm nervous that nothing will happen. I
see the doctor again on Wednesday.

I forgot to add - my symptoms are low libido, fatigue, headaches, low
appetite and erectile dysfunction. I'm especially interested in the
libido and erectile part because it's the most obvious. Whatever it is seems to be getting worse over time.

I'd also like to ask about a weird rush I got when the nurse gave me the shot. I wasn't expecting to feel anything but I had this thing rush to my head. Maybe I was just nervous from having a needle squirting into me so long, or the awkwardness of standing there with my pants halfway down like that. I'm not really concerned about it but I was wondering if anyone else has ever had that. The nurse said she'd never seen it before. I've certainly never felt anything quite like it before.

--John
Old 05-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: How long does a first injection take to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmanguy84 View Post
How long does it take for a first injection to work? What is the longest reasonable time?

My doctor wanted to give me a shot to confirm that my T is low (I've tested anywhere
from 330 to 460 with normal lab ranges of 400-1080). He said if my

How long does it really take? I'm nervous that nothing will happen. I
see the doctor again on Wednesday.

I forgot to add - my symptoms are low libido, fatigue, headaches, low
appetite and erectile dysfunction. I'm especially interested in the
libido and erectile part because it's the most obvious. Whatever it is seems to be getting worse over time.

I'd also like to ask about a weird rush I got when the nurse gave me the shot. I wasn't expecting to feel anything but I had this thing rush to my head. Maybe I was just nervous from having a needle squirting into me so long, or the awkwardness of standing there with my pants halfway down like that. I'm not really concerned about it but I was wondering if anyone else has ever had that. The nurse said she'd never seen it before. I've certainly never felt anything quite like it before.

--John
You are very young, god chance is that you are secondary,
HCG alone may work better for you, much more natural.

HCG preserves fertiliy
testosterone will sterilize you

Read my post to livelylady's husband.
http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/586971-post4.html
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member

I believe your reaction was psychological. You might have a sore butt for a few days. Thats a common reaction to initial shots. At first my leg was so sore I could barely walk.
You mentioned only the concentration of the shot. But how many ml was in the srynge ? I centainly agree with the doc in that you should feel horney in a day of two- when blood levels reach their maximum concentration. Not so sure I agree with his reasoning that this will prove that youre low. If you had normal levels of say, 600, and shot it up to 1200 you would more than likely, also feel horney as hell.
Jan is right, T will shrink your balls unless used in conjunction with hcg if your problem is secondary. On the other hand, the continued use of hch will supress your pituitary production of LH.
GL
Old 05-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post
I believe your reaction was psychological. You might have a sore butt for a few days. Thats a common reaction to initial shots. At first my leg was so sore I could barely walk.
You mentioned only the concentration of the shot. But how many ml was in the srynge ? I centainly agree with the doc in that you should feel horney in a day of two- when blood levels reach their maximum concentration. Not so sure I agree with his reasoning that this will prove that youre low. If you had normal levels of say, 600, and shot it up to 1200 you would more than likely, also feel horney as hell.
Jan is right, T will shrink your balls unless used in conjunction with hcg if your problem is secondary. On the other hand, the continued use of hch will supress your pituitary production of LH.GL
If he is seondary, that means
balls are ok
but
not enough LH

so secondaries have already diminished LH production.
Further suppressing it does not mater (or is lesser harm).

Similarly if he uses testosterone he supresses his testicles.

Have to make choice.

Using hcg only would make him more natural, would preserwe more of his body control.

He should still have normal 24 hr testosterone leels (very important), and fertility.
When on T shots, natural 24 hr testosterone level cycling and fertilty is gone.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member

I meant primary. Pm me your needle supplier ?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post
I meant primary. Pm me your needle supplier ?
I can use a reliable supplier, pls send info.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:59 AM

blood levels from a shot of testosterone cypionate peak within two days of the injection and then gradually fall from there
Old 05-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmanguy84 View Post
He said if my

That is simply incorrect. The response to a single injection of testosterone is extremely variable. Some guys don't notice a thing, others do.

It is a common practice, when initiating TRT with injections, to give an initial loading dose. Even after a loading dose, a lot of guys, expecting that they are going to feel great right away, complain that they felt no effect from the initial shot.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
That is simply incorrect. The response to a single injection of testosterone is extremely variable. Some guys don't notice a thing, others do.

It is a common practice, when initiating TRT with injections, to give an initial loading dose. Even after a loading dose, a lot of guys, expecting that they are going to feel great right away, complain that they felt no effect from the initial shot.
thats because there are other factors involved in determining libido. but given that all of them are ok- t will increase libido.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:00 PM

The dose was 1 ml of the 200mg/m. I didn't notice that part.

JanSz- I have no intention of staying on the shots long-term. My doctor only wanted to do this to make sure that low T really was my problem before exploring other avenues of fixing it. He said it would be a one-time thing only and that this wouldn't mess up my pituitary axis or shut down my balls.

I don't know that I'm secondary (if T really is the problem, that is). My FSH has always been near the top of the range. A couple times my LH has looked rather low (as low as 2.8 on a normal range of 2-12) but once it registered at like a 5.6 or so, and I understand it's quite a variable thing depending on when they catch you.

But even if I was, and took Hcg, the benefits would be derived from higher testosterone, and apparently just putting T into me isn't doing anything...

The plan was that if this shot established that I felt better with higher T then we'd operate to take care of my varicocele in the hopes that my body will improve on its own (I've read a couple studies now which suggest this should work). Pmgamer told me Megazoid is the local expert on that which is what lead me to this board. I haven't heard back from him via PM yet, though.

zkt - What are the other factors that can mess up a libido?

cpeil2- You mention a 'loading dose' and that a lot of guys don't feel anything after the first dose. Do they feel something on later doses? Would that mean I would on a second shot? The prescription I filled included another dose so maybe that's what the doctor has in mind.

I'm trying to understand why my symptoms, which correlate so well to a confirmed low T, would not improve with supplementation. Any ideas? Maybe if my body was converting too much to estrogen - would that block the shot from being helpful? I don't have enlarged breasts - is estrogen dominance still a possibility?

We tested my estradiol once, but I am not sure the test was valid as the results looked odd. Should I ask for another one? The results said this:

Estradi <25pg/ml (<78)
INTEPRETATION OF ESTRADIOL TESTING (pg/ml) :\XODOA\ Adult Male...... <=77\XODOA\Adult Female:\XODOA\ Follicular....... 39-189 \XODOA\ Mid-Cycle Peak..... 94-508\XODOA\ Luteal Phase..... 48-309 \XODOA\ Postmenopausal... <=41\XODOA\

"The following non-numeric lab results were dispersed to the flowsheet even though numeric results were expected: Estradi, <25"

I really appreciate any and all help. This all just makes no sense to me. I'm very frightened. I miss feeling like myself!

--John

Last edited by Mrmanguy84; 05-24-2008 at 06:02 PM.