Price of Androgel!!

Discuss Price of Androgel!! at the Men's Health Forum; Got my scrip for Androgel with a FREE one month coupon... Yeah, great... Got my first month and works well... ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Price of Androgel!!

Got my scrip for Androgel with a FREE one month coupon... Yeah, great... Got my first month and works well... went to get second month $190!!!!!!!!!! Thats WITH my insurance... (HMO, and they dont really pay anything, just get the best rate) What a rip off... $6/day for a few pennies of test...

Going with something else now....
Old 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

$190 means the insurance company is paying NOTHING.

Test cyp should cost you about $5 per week. That clearly is your option now.

Even for guys who are going to go to test cyp, I still like for them to do Androgel that first month. It allows me to gain some good insight into how their systems work.

Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2004, 06:47 PM

Test cyp in what format? Injectable? Prescription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWALE
$190 means the insurance company is paying NOTHING.

Test cyp should cost you about $5 per week. That clearly is your option now.

Even for guys who are going to go to test cyp, I still like for them to do Androgel that first month. It allows me to gain some good insight into how their systems work.

Keep us posted.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

Even if your insurance company doesn't pay for test cyp, whihc nealry all do, it shou still cost only aboyut $100 for a bottle. At the average of 100mg per week, that comes to about $5 per. Of ocurse, you never will get 20 100mg shots out oF A 10cc bottle.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Doctor of Medicine

The cost of Androgel shocked me as well. Particularly since the average replacement dose I've seen has been about 10 mg of testosterone (10 grams of Androgel) a day - $380 a month.

I prefer prescribing Depo-Testosterone (test cyp) injections or a compounded 10% testosterone cream in PLO (called Testocreme). The cream costs about $32 a month at 10 mg a day (1 gram or 1/4 teaspoon of cream).

Since I treat primarily patients with mental illnesses, if I cannot trust a patient not to transfer testosterone to others (e.g. if impulsivenss is a problem), I prefer having them come to the clinic for an injection of depo-testosterone.

The 10% cream has the advantage of being discrete, not having to travel with needles, and having to use a very small area of application (the biceps or flank area over the ribs).

Each patient ends up with a preference for one or the other.