Private MD labs, great place and lab results

Discuss Private MD labs, great place and lab results at the Men's Health Forum; I used privatemd labs for the first time yesterday and I was impressed. For simplicity sakes I just purchased the ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM

Default Private MD labs, great place and lab results

I used privatemd labs for the first time yesterday and I was impressed. For simplicity sakes I just purchased the female hormone panel which consisted of Total T, Estradiol, FSH, LH, complete metabolic panel, CBC for $59, I know sounds gay but I asked Dr. Jim if the testing procedure was the same and he assured me it was. So Sunday night late afternoon I ordered it and within and hour I had the lab request in my hand for a Labcorp close to my house, went monday morning for my blood test at around 9:40 AM and had my results back this morning by 9. I didnt really care about the FSH and LH but it came with the test as a package.

I usually have the Estrogen sensitive testing done but again it came with the package, does my e2 seem high based on this result?

Total test 984 358-1198 ng/dl
Estradiol 40.7 7.6-42.7 pg/ml
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

That's INCREDIBLY cheep! Nice find!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Private MD labs, great place and lab results

do you need an MD to request these labs be done??

can one just order these labs be done, have a blood draw, pay your money and get the results? Your primary care physician need not be involved?

the closest to me was a labcorps lab.. Is this the same deal??
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biceps72 View Post
do you need an MD to request these labs be done??

can one just order these labs be done, have a blood draw, pay your money and get the results? Your primary care physician need not be involved?

the closest to me was a labcorps lab.. Is this the same deal??
No.

Yes and yes.

Go to their website and you'll see a 'locator' where you enter your zip code and it gives you their closest locations available to you for a blood draw.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 PM

No Doc needed, I thought lots of people knew about this but apparently not. My insurance covers my labs but, I like the fact that I can just order what I want when i want, there are coupons online too. My request for the female hormone panel was $59 but I got an additional 15% off with a coupon. Smoothest transaction ever and like I said really fast turn around, I'm sure there are other tests that take longer but still faster than you would ever get them from your doctor and emailed right to my phone.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooch86 View Post
No Doc needed, I thought lots of people knew about this but apparently not. My insurance covers my labs but, I like the fact that I can just order what I want when i want, there are coupons online too. My request for the female hormone panel was $59 but I got an additional 15% off with a coupon. Smoothest transaction ever and like I said really fast turn around, I'm sure there are other tests that take longer but still faster than you would ever get them from your doctor and emailed right to my phone.
what web site do you use???
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biceps72 View Post
what web site do you use???
privatemdlabs.com

Any comments on the estradiol level in my original post?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Veteran Member

The TT:E-2 ratio is much more important and typically hovers around 10:1 for most yet decreases with advancing age yet increases with youthfulness or during cycling. Goodness fella yours is higher than 20:1, now it don't get much
better than that, unless your cycling?????
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member

Hmmmm....I'm 37:1 on 150mg/week and no AI with a touch of polycythemia. Is this a reason to back off a little?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr JIM View Post
The TT:E-2 ratio is much more important and typically hovers around 10:1 for most yet decreases with advancing age yet increases with youthfulness or during cycling. Goodness fella yours is higher than 20:1, now it don't get much
better than that, unless your cycling?????
No Sir no cycling for me, actually I think 900+ range it too high for me so I am reducing my dose this week. You have my interest with the T to E ratio, I have been trying to learn about that for a while now but there isn't much info out there on it or very vague info and most either don't know what it is or don"t subscribe to it. Seems like some of the stuff I've read say in your teeens you are more like 40:1?? that sound right? Anyway how is it calculated? Total test divided by estrogen? and if so which estrogen E sensitive or estradiol?

I asked because whenever I have had the e sensitive testing my numbers always come in really low, like single digits low. Anyhow thanks for your input