Proviron for libido. Has anyone used it? Does it supress HPTA?

Discuss Proviron for libido. Has anyone used it? Does it supress HPTA? at the Men's Health Forum; I was gonna post this in the steriod forum, but i don't trust the replies in that forum. When i ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

Default Proviron for libido. Has anyone used it? Does it supress HPTA?

I was gonna post this in the steriod forum, but i don't trust the replies in that forum.

When i was researching libido, "proviron" kept coming up over and over in the google search. And guys raving about it.

Some people say it's supressive to the HPTA. Some say at low doses it's not.

Many people say it's amazing for libido.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited by Tyler81; 07-17-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Proviron for libido. Has anyone used it? Does it supress HPTA?

I don't have experience but with out a doubt that it will provoke some suppression on your HPTA.

It can be used to improve the ratio of T/E because it will suppress T and consequently E2 by increasing an androgen analog to DHT that doe not aromatizes.

suppression is guaranteed.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

I'll translate the last part:

"un descenso significativo de FSH ocurrio en 8, y de LH y Testosterona en 5."

A significant decrease in FSH was seen in 8 of LH and Testosterone in 5

Last edited by zossima; 07-17-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2010, 03:18 PM

Proviron is DHT. So I guess it kind of depends on the reason someone has low libido.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, it defo works! I'm on like day 4 at 100mg a day.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannapitchabettertent View Post
Proviron is DHT. So I guess it kind of depends on the reason someone has low libido.
Proviron is for lowering shbg to make a person more anabolic on a steroid cycle.
It is also used as a hardening agent for females or males preping for body building or figure contest.

Tyler you are just drawing strings and only going to make issues worse then what they are by self mediciating.
Get with a good DR and let him do his job. After reading all your post you are just stabing in the dark about this or that, oh this next. You are all over the fucking place and honesty going to fuck yourself up royally.
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Banned

yeah,

tyler i think hans wants you to get him to sort you out, he charges 250 dollars for initial consult and i think he will help you, i did not have that money, if i did i may have taken him up.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musulman View Post
yeah,

tyler i think hans wants you to get him to sort you out, he charges 250 dollars for initial consult and i think he will help you, i did not have that money, if i did i may have taken him up.
Just saying stop playing DR and get with a good DR who ever it may be.. I hate when I get a hold of people and they are like fix me. I tell them nicely that you become your worst enemie out of desperation. I was in that boat for 4 years wasted so much money on gimmick stuff supplements trying to get better so I know your frustrations. the thing is that I have been through just about every scenerio humanly possible. I know have the knowledge is circumvent them and to not allow you to make the same mistakes common. I just want him to get proper help instead of making matters worse then what they are already.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
Tyler you are just drawing strings and only going to make issues worse then what they are by self mediciating.
Get with a good DR and let him do his job. After reading all your post you are just stabing in the dark about this or that, oh this next. You are all over the fucking place and honesty going to fuck yourself up royally.
I`m self medicating with nothing right now. I have been on nothing for the past 7 weeks- it`ll be 2 months on monday.

I am waiting for my hpta to get back to what it was before. I am not on any treatments right now. I dont plan to (knock on wood) or want to, be on any trt treatments.

The only thing I am waiting for now, is to see the result of my grnH stimulation test to make sure my pituitary is producing proper LH and FSH when stimulated with grnH hormone directly. If it is, then I am confident within 3-6 months (maxxxxx) I will be totally fine again.

I would rather NOT be on trt at this time. I have tried the patch, clomid, hcg, the gel, the shots.

Overall, it`s too much a headache, and I would rather get back to what I had before all this.

It`s a decision i made with my endo (who is a good doctor) and he is monitoring my recovery.

Last edited by Tyler81; 07-18-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:46 PM

I think what HAN is trying to say is you have been obsessing about lack of libido for a considerable amount of time. The problem with obsessing is that it usually leads nowhere and in many ways highjacks your recovery. If you recover your libido will recover, if you don't or partially recover it may not return the way you want it to. The good news is that you are on your way to recovery and have a good doctor that you seem to trust. Worse case scenario, you know that Testim restores your libido. Its really a win win situation, full, partial, or no recovery... you have options which is a very good thing. Trying to figure everything out via queries and questions, at least, after a certain point really begins to seem like an attempt to control something that you really have little control over.

Btw I don't practice what I preach, I have OCD, Low Libido, somewhat low T, Depression, IBS, Interstitial Cystitis, low grade fibro, and chronic fatigue. I know EXACTLY how you feel in regards to the desire to take control of the situation and its super scary not having libido, but it certainly isn't the end of the world for you as you have a plan in place and options to counter a fall through of those plans.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

If you believe in god, have trust in him to do best for you, then forget it.

That's why being a believer makes it easier psychologically and allow you to better handle.

Leave it to god, trust in him.