Shrinking testicles: An effect of TRT?

Discuss Shrinking testicles: An effect of TRT? at the Men's Health Forum; I've been on Testim gel (50 mg 1 X daily) for one month. Over the past 10 days, I've noticed ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 09:21 AM

Question Shrinking testicles: An effect of TRT?

I've been on Testim gel (50 mg 1 X daily) for one month. Over the past 10 days, I've noticed a marked decrease in the size of my balls. Not only have my balls decreased in size, but they're hanging high and tight in my sack, whereas before they were normal size, low hangers.

Has anyone else had this kind of a response to TRT?

Does it resolve over time -- will my balls return to normal size?

What can I do to reverse this situation now?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:55 AM

hCG
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM

1. Yes

2. No

3. What mranak said. See the sticky, "TRT: A Recipe for Success", above. It covers this issue in detail.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:23 PM

I don't want to be glib but this whole issue of testicle size seems somewhat contrived. I notice only that my testicles "seem " to vary in size based on no particular dosage of test. In other words I find the sac volume, placement, size, etc have no relationship to anything but there are just natural variations. The emphasis on this by anti steroid gurus has led everyone to accept it without any scientific proof. Who actually is able to measure testicular size in a way that is not subjective? Does any variation actually effect ejaculate volume or sperm content or motility?

If you have any scientific data related to actual test usage and medical problems related to testicular shrinkage please share them. I personally do not care how big my balls are as long as my penis is functional but I do not desire children and have a vasectomy anyway.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Psychologist; Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prot
I don't want to be glib but this whole issue of testicle size seems somewhat contrived. I notice only that my testicles "seem " to vary in size based on no particular dosage of test. In other words I find the sac volume, placement, size, etc have no relationship to anything but there are just natural variations. The emphasis on this by anti steroid gurus has led everyone to accept it without any scientific proof. Who actually is able to measure testicular size in a way that is not subjective? Does any variation actually effect ejaculate volume or sperm content or motility

If you have any scientific data related to actual test usage and medical problems related to testicular shrinkage please share them. I personally do not care how big my balls are as long as my penis is functional but I do not desire children and have a vasectomy anyway.

actually direct measurement is possible. The doc uses an orchidometer. He or she hold the balls of different sizes in one hand and feels yours in the other. They then record this comparative size for further observation. I've had this done twice by a doc doing antiaging med and another time by a urologist.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:19 PM

Default and thats my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadDoc
actually direct measurement is possible. The doc uses an orchidometer. He or she hold the balls of different sizes in one hand and feels yours in the other. They then record this comparative size for further observation. I've had this done twice by a doc doing antiaging med and another time by a urologist.
very few have this done and are instead relying on their own subjective measurements. And even this measurement seems very inexact in comparison to scientific measurement of any kind.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:39 PM

i've had it done as well.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Would anyone buy precious stones from a person weighing them in such a manner? Or even a steak?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prot
Would anyone buy precious stones from a person weighing them in such a manner? Or even a steak?
Are you proposing that they hold a steak in one hand and the nuts in the other. LOL ....just kidding.

I agree, it's not very scientific, especially when there are so many other ways it can be done. Problem is that these ways would require more prolonged contact with the family jewels, which may be uncomfortable for all concerned.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:15 PM

The best way is with an ultrasound. They can measure them with relative accuracy down to .1CM. However, cost and convenience is a factor.

As far as Prot's comments that it's subjective...well yes it is. Some will just think that they are shrinking and will therefore feel like they are...even when they're not. Others actually do.

Let's look at the facts. By getting exo T (no matter where it comes from) the brain receives feedback that you have enough so it slows/stops production of LH and FSH. Without these two your testicles stop responding to them and they then consequently shrink. That is a fact. Some folks are lucky and have balls that seem resistant to this. I can speak from experience that I had, what I considered, huge balls. I am a primary sufferer so I was producing excess LH and FSH making them larger than normal....they were measured at around 2" in size. After starting TRT they shrunk...slowly but surely. About 4 months after I started they were literally down to the size of medium grapes...less than one inch.

Now then, after starting HcG they grew larger again. Had another measurement done (this time for a hernia and possible epididimitis) they measured at 1.5". So, HcG does cause them to grow and TRT CAN make them shrink due to the feedback mechanism.

On a final note, yes they normally vary in size on a regular basis but remaining small is not normal.