Spontaneous Erections, Morning Wood: What causes the loss?

Discuss Spontaneous Erections, Morning Wood: What causes the loss? at the Men's Health Forum; What causes the loss of spontaneous erections, morning wood? Sometimes I wake up with wood, most times I don't....

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Question Spontaneous Erections, Morning Wood: What causes the loss?

What causes the loss of spontaneous erections, morning wood? Sometimes I wake up with wood, most times I don't.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

For me it was I feel high E2 Estradiol getting E2 down my ED got 80% better and I could reach an orgasm was unable to for a long time. I started taking Indolplex/DIM to keep my E2 down and got my morning wood back after 35 yrs. of not having them. Have your E2 tested a test for men and if your high get some of this.
http://www.ritecare.com/prodsheets/PHY-15336.html
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bafriend
What causes the loss of spontaneous erections, morning wood? Sometimes I wake up with wood, most times I don't.
Hmmm....good question. I don't have the answer, but I do surmise that it has to do with the pulsitile release of hormones as we sleep. I think that most of our T and GH are released in the night time as we sleep. I would think the increase in T (and all the associated sex hormones that lead up to it and covert after it), i.e. make for a pulsitile mini surge leading to the wood.

This is one of the reasons a good nights sleep is important to bodybuilding recovery.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

Here is a link on it.
http://www.sexdictionary.info/erection_nocturnal.html
You will find a ton of info if you go a Google search on "Nocturnal Erections".
Old 12-12-2005, 03:17 PM

There is some debate as to the execution of nocternals. One older school believes this is the result of the bodily need to recycle the apparatus and does it out of a need to keep things working right. It supposedly happens in the presence of elevated T that happens in the evening hours and reaches a high in the wee hours of the morning for most men. (There is a noon high too in some). This happens with out brain intervention supposedly and is a spinal cord function.

There is a newer trend that this is just dopamine driven, and a brain function in relation to natural cycles of the mediators.

I do know that when my T was low I didn't have any.. now that my T is at higher levels I have them 75% of the time when I awaken.. in the night or at morning. So I do believe unlike some that it is an indicator of good T levels.

T levels tend to elevate Dopamine levels. Another thought is that it involves prolactin. So go figure.

G
Old 12-12-2005, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist
I do know that when my T was low I didn't have any.. now that my T is at higher levels I have them 75% of the time when I awaken.. in the night or at morning. So I do believe unlike some that it is an indicator of good T levels.
G
I agree with this exactly. Mine have always had to do with T levels and not E2 levels. If E2 was 23 or 43 it didn't matter - only if T was really poor (none), good (some), better (more). Now of course I can see where strongly depressed levels of E2 could come into play or strongly elevated levels of E2... but my bet is that it's primarily an "event' more primarily connected to T levels....

Larry
Old 12-12-2005, 08:16 PM

i am leaning toward e levels since i can take supraphysiologic levels of test and have no wood unless i also take an ai.

jb
Old 12-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

I have Morning wood .. Afternoon wood .. Evening wood and Night wood but when i'm not using Tren,i usually have No wood
Old 12-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANWHORE
I have Morning wood .. Afternoon wood .. Evening wood and Night wood but when i'm not using Tren,i usually have No wood
Now, why would Tren have this effect on you. Is it because it acts like progesterone and lowers Estrogen?

Check out this link.

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showp...56&postcount=6
Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cc
Now, why would Tren have this effect on you. Is it because it acts like progesterone and lowers Estrogen?

Check out this link.

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showp...56&postcount=6
Didn't know it lowered Estrogen .. well not directly anyway. I know it doesn't increase it,which i guess can lower it over time ... I will check the link .. I did know that's it's because of progesterone,i feel like i do alot of the time. Actually care about womens feelings while on Tren but when using Test,i just care about my feelings and needs lol

Last edited by MANWHORE; 12-12-2005 at 08:43 PM.