subq thigh for HCG shots?

Discuss subq thigh for HCG shots? at the Men's Health Forum; I have had good luck with the abdominal area subq for my HCG . But wouldnt mind trying shots for ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 AM

Default subq thigh for HCG shots?

I have had good luck with the abdominal area subq for my HCG. But wouldnt mind trying shots for awhile somewhere else....I was thinking the thigh perhaps. Anyone use this area instead of the abdomen for HCG shots?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: subq thigh for HCG shots?

How long does it take for you to feel the HCG work when you shoot in the abdomen? What dosage are you shooting?

I shoot in the front of the thigh halfway down in medium fatty skin. I have found that where I shoot HCG affects the release. I have felt different shooting IM, in medium fatty skin, and very fatty skin. When I shoot in very fatty skin I tend to feel the HCG later in the day towards bedtime, and it interferes with my sleep.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

I do the HCG in my thigh because I don't feel it at all in my belly. I feel going though fat takes longer to get into the blood stream.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:36 AM

thats only if you have alot of fat in the belly are,correct?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxim
thats only if you have alot of fat in the belly are,correct?
No. Simply the fact that the belly is fatter than the front of the thigh, will cause it to take longer to release.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:50 PM

Why not just shoot it in the upper buttocks or shoulder (IM) ??
Old 04-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Doctor of Medicine

Arrow Re: subq thigh for HCG shots?

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showp...4&postcount=13

I previously wrote a post on hCG injections. I agree with the above as far as using the abdomen or even the buttock because of decreased pain with injection. I would definitely not give hCG intramuscular for the reasons stated in the above post.

Mike

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Old 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asih.net
I agree with the above as far as using the abdomen or even the buttock because of decreased pain with injection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asih.net
RESULTS: Compared with IM administration of hCG, peak serum drug concentration was significantly delayed (P = 0.01) and serum half-life was prolonged (P = 0.01) after SC injection; however, T, LH, and FSH responses were identical. CONCLUSIONS: Subcutaneous application of 5,000 IU hCG is as effective as IM administration in terms of steroidogenesis.
Mike,

The above study that you posted confirms that there is a delay in peak serum drug concentration with SubQ HCG shots. As I mentioned in my post above, when I have injected HCG into very fatty skin in the past, I ended up feeling the effects of the HCG later in the day towards evening (BTW, this is only 100iu HCG). After experimenting with various skin "thicknesses", namely very thin skin on the thigh, medium fatty skin on the thigh and very fatty skin on the thigh, I found that the medium fatty skin gave me a release that "felt" better.

Shooting in the stomach or buttocks would really slow the release of the HCG. My purpose for the HCG is to feel the effects the same day because it is part of my TRT regimen which is 25mg T cream and 100iu HCG every day.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cc
Mike,

The above study that you posted confirms that there is a delay in peak serum drug concentration with SubQ HCG shots. As I mentioned in my post above, when I have injected HCG into very fatty skin in the past, I ended up feeling the effects of the HCG later in the day towards evening (BTW, this is only 100iu HCG). After experimenting with various skin "thicknesses", namely very thin skin on the thigh, medium fatty skin on the thigh and very fatty skin on the thigh, I found that the medium fatty skin gave me a release that "felt" better.

Shooting in the stomach or buttocks would really slow the release of the HCG. My purpose for the HCG is to feel the effects the same day because it is part of my TRT regimen which is 25mg T cream and 100iu HCG every day.
Yep we don't mean the pain of the shot using a 27g needle not much of that but we are talking about the feeling of well being we get from doing the HCG shot I get this feeling in less then an hour doing the shot in my thigh using a 27g x 1/2" needle. Doing the shot in my belly I don't feel the feeling of well being at all.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:14 PM

When you guys are refering to the thigh, are you shooting subq or IM? I am using 250iu subq in the abdomen currently. I think subq is the prefered route for its sustained release.