Testosterone creme on testicles

Discuss Testosterone creme on testicles at the Men's Health Forum; Since the cremes and gels do nothing at raising my super low DHT levels my doctor wants me to try ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 05:09 AM

Default Testosterone creme on testicles

Since the cremes and gels do nothing at raising my super low DHT levels my doctor wants me to try a compounded creme on the testicles usually ive heard in the past people rubbing whatever was left on there hands on there testicles for a extra DHT boost but ive never heard of anyone using a full dose on testicles either way whatever anyone sais im still going to do it regardless because my libido is non existant and this is my final hope but i just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this and what you guys think?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Testosterone creme on testicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiravp82 View Post
Since the cremes and gels do nothing at raising my super low DHT levels my doctor wants me to try a compounded creme on the testicles usually ive heard in the past people rubbing whatever was left on there hands on there testicles for a extra DHT boost but ive never heard of anyone using a full dose on testicles either way whatever anyone sais im still going to do it regardless because my libido is non existant and this is my final hope but i just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this and what you guys think?
Does your doctor know why your DHT levels are so low? A couple of things can cause this: 5-alpha reductase deficiency (believe me, you would know if you had this), androgen insensitivity, or finasteride. In some cases of androgen insensitivity, the DHT:T ratio is very low.

For the most part, I say give it a shot, and see what happens. If you use an alcohol based preparation, your scrot is going to burn like it was on the surface of the sun. It won't kill you, but its going to fucking burn. Also, keep in mind (again, if the preparation is alcohol based) that you can upset the balance of bacteria on your nuts. That means you could make yourself prone to jock itch. So if you find your balls unbearably itchy, then you've probably got to go pick up some lotramin ultra, and stop using the preparation for a few weeks. Hopefully, since you are using a compounded T cream, you can get one that is not alcohol based.

If this doesn't bring up your DHT, then chances are you're going to have to use a DHT preparation. This is not without significant complications. If after a few weeks, this isn't working, post again, and I'll tell you what you need to do to use DHT directly without fucking yourself up.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Doctor of Medicine

Quote:

If I recall correctly, there were adrenal, thyroid, and Vit. D issues. what is the status? What are the DHT levels?

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Old 04-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structure View Post
Does your doctor know why your DHT levels are so low? A couple of things can cause this: 5-alpha reductase deficiency (believe me, you would know if you had this), androgen insensitivity, or finasteride. In some cases of androgen insensitivity, the DHT:T ratio is very low.

For the most part, I say give it a shot, and see what happens. If you use an alcohol based preparation, your scrot is going to burn like it was on the surface of the sun. It won't kill you, but its going to fucking burn. Also, keep in mind (again, if the preparation is alcohol based) that you can upset the balance of bacteria on your nuts. That means you could make yourself prone to jock itch. So if you find your balls unbearably itchy, then you've probably got to go pick up some lotramin ultra, and stop using the preparation for a few weeks. Hopefully, since you are using a compounded T cream, you can get one that is not alcohol based.

If this doesn't bring up your DHT, then chances are you're going to have to use a DHT preparation. This is not without significant complications. If after a few weeks, this isn't working, post again, and I'll tell you what you need to do to use DHT directly without fucking yourself up.

Thank you for your help , ya ive tried right about everything for DHT so this is my final chance hopefully it works unfortunately they dont use DHT preparation in america anymore so all im stuck with is testosterone creme btw how exactly could i raise my DHT without fucking myself up what do you mean by that? do you know of any other ways to increase it?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scally MD View Post
If I recall correctly, there were adrenal, thyroid, and Vit. D issues. what is the status? What are the DHT levels?

my dht levels are currently 6ng/dl
Old 04-08-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your help , ya ive tried right about everything for DHT so this is my final chance hopefully it works unfortunately they dont use DHT preparation in america anymore so all im stuck with is testosterone creme btw how exactly could i raise my DHT without fucking myself up what do you mean by that? do you know of any other ways to increase it?
Quote:
my dht levels are currently 6ng/dl
Wow, that's really, really low. Do you have 5-a reductase deficiency? Since 5-a reductase is expressed throughout the body, DHT isn't usually so low unless there is a genetic explanation. What does your doctor have to say about this?

Yes, there is another way to bring up DHT: you can use the European DHT gel. However, you have to weigh it carefully, and you will need to modify your doses of other medications. Also, if you are not on HCG, you can expect that it will shut you down (shrink your testes, etc.). We can go into the details if you need to use it. I don't recommend it for most people, but for you it sounds like a good idea.

What kind of symptoms do you have from such low DHT? Did you go through puberty normally? Do you have body / facial hair? If your DHT was this low while you were developing in the womb, then likely there would be some genital abnormalities as well. If your genitalia is normal, then that would suggest that your low DHT was somehow acquired. I've just never heard of an acquired DHT deficiency, although if someone told me it was part of post-finasteride syndrome, I wouldn't doubt it was possible...
Old 04-08-2011, 01:48 AM

i dont have 5 reductase deficiency ive tried androgel two years ago no problem got absorbed everything worked perfect and my dht was actually quite high at 225 ng/dl then i stopped androgel because i didnt like the idea of being on TRT for ever at age 23 so for two years i whent into seeking alternative treatments to fix my hormones to no avail so now ive accepted the fact i will need T supplementation for life so now that im trying to get back on the gels it wont even move my DHT an inch! weird huh? im assuming in the time i took off somehow my body lost 5 alpha reductase enzymes ive been hypgondal for so long now that my body is just loosing its 5 alpha reductase i know that sounds crazy but i cant think of any other possible solution? anyways could you tell me more about this european DHT creme how would i go about getting more info on that?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:24 AM

Quote:
i dont have 5 reductase deficiency ive tried androgel two years ago no problem got absorbed everything worked perfect and my dht was actually quite high at 225 ng/dl then i stopped androgel because i didnt like the idea of being on TRT for ever at age 23 so for two years i whent into seeking alternative treatments to fix my hormones to no avail so now ive accepted the fact i will need T supplementation for life so now that im trying to get back on the gels it wont even move my DHT an inch! weird huh? im assuming in the time i took off somehow my body lost 5 alpha reductase enzymes ive been hypgondal for so long now that my body is just loosing its 5 alpha reductase i know that sounds crazy but i cant think of any other possible solution? anyways could you tell me more about this european DHT creme how would i go about getting more info on that?
That makes a bit more sense. How long have you been trying with the gels this second time around? What kind of gel are you using? Where do you apply it? Depending on gel type and how you apply it, you can make a dramatic difference in your DHT levels. Now that you are on T, what are your current values? (Including LH, FSH, and free / total T --- include what kind of T you were on when the tests were done, and where you were applying it.)
Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
That makes a bit more sense. How long have you been trying with the gels this second time around? What kind of gel are you using? Where do you apply it? Depending on gel type and how you apply it, you can make a dramatic difference in your DHT levels. Now that you are on T, what are your current values? (Including LH, FSH, and free / total T --- include what kind of T you were on when the tests were done, and where you were applying it.)

The second time around ive tried everything from 10grams of androgel a day to 10% and 20% coumpounded cremes but no success still in the DHT department its actually funny two years ago 5grams of androgel would shoot my DHT wayyy over the range now 10 grams wont even move it lol so weird man havent found anyone else on any board who has had this same experience i dont know why this is happening to me it sucks but anyways my TT has gotten at the end of the range the second time around but my DHT still non existant and beleive me i could definitely feel the effects of this low DHT i cant even feel my penis in my pants thats how bad it is my penis is literally retracting inside my socrotum so stressing you cant even imagine
Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:
The second time around ive tried everything from 10grams of androgel a day to 10% and 20% coumpounded cremes but no success still in the DHT department its actually funny two years ago 5grams of androgel would shoot my DHT wayyy over the range now 10 grams wont even move it lol so weird man havent found anyone else on any board who has had this same experience i dont know why this is happening to me it sucks but anyways my TT has gotten at the end of the range the second time around but my DHT still non existant and beleive me i could definitely feel the effects of this low DHT i cant even feel my penis in my pants thats how bad it is my penis is literally retracting inside my socrotum so stressing you cant even imagine
I'd like to help you out bro, but you've got to answer my questions (see above, in bold). I need you to answer my specific questions so that I can help you figure out how to dose it, how to measure it, etc.

This gel shuts a lot of guys down completely. Not only does it dramatically reduce LH (which dramatically reduces endogenous T and E2), but it competes for binding to the androgen receptor. DHT is not the primary androgen involved in achieving an erection; thus it may adversely affect things like spontaneous / morning erections, etc. It is also worthwhile to mention that the gel is used very infrequently (typically only for post-surgical recovery of hypospadias repair, or to help virilize ambiguous genitalia in infants). Some people try to treat gynecomastia with it, but the side effects make this practice questionable (these are the guys that usually end up getting shut down hard, and complain about it later).

The gel's preparation is poor for TRT use: it is too strong at 2.5%, and it absorbs very quickly. This is why it is so hard to use without getting shut down.