Testosterone & Penis Size/Sensation

Discuss Testosterone & Penis Size/Sensation at the Men's Health Forum; Before i became hypogonadal i had an above average penis size and great libido /erections. Being a 23 year old ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Testosterone & Penis Size/Sensation

Before i became hypogonadal i had an above average penis size and great libido/erections. Being a 23 year old guy i didn't have a single problem in the penis region. With that said I was also pretty small when flaccid but when erect i was a good bit above average.

I've only ever had one good testicle all my life but it did me well until it got injuried and i ended up with low testosterone.

A varicocele caused progressive testicular damage which resulted in my low testosterone. During the time when my testosterone level was dropping i noticed my penis was also shrunk up and really thin looking (like "out of gas"). I also noticed some strange "dots" (like bruises) appear on my glan's which were never their before (i showed this to the urologist). At this point i was taking any TRT and wasn't sure what was going on.

By the time my levels were in the 450/500 range my penis looked alot smaller than normal. Erections were weak and not as powerful as before either.

I am also pretty sure i noticed a slight reduction (maybe half an inch way) in size. Once i started on Androgel everything bulked up again and my penis looked normal again but still loosing half an inch each way. Getting erection's was still tough but alot better than before.

I am curious to know the relationship between testosterone and the penis? I am aware free testosterone has a role to play in flaccid size. I have heard that the penis can shrink if your testosterone level is low for a long time (maybe years?).

I have heard their can be tissue loss with really low levels (below 500)? However at the other end of the spectrum i have heard about guy's with no testicles getting no shrinkage at all (and that's without TRT).

Just looking for some information/experiences regarding this!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Testosterone & Penis Size/Sensation

I'm really curious about how common this is, expecially the responses in the previous post. Do alot of guys suffer from penile shrinkage with low T?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2006, 01:59 AM

Testosterone levels in Adult men have no effeft on penis size. Libido is another story.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:53 AM

Then hod do you explain the shrinkage then?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:00 AM

It is probably psychological, he seems overly concerned with the size of it I can tell this by him mentioning twice that he is bigger than average. It is not a fact we need to hear once let alone twice, and it is irreverent to the topic. I would recommend he go see a urologist. A doctor would be better suited to answer these kinds of questions.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

This has to do with the ratio of T to E2 when this falls off like T levels go down and E2 stays where it was. Adding T brings E2 up and this messes with the ratio. Best to keep Total and Free T up into the upper 1/3 of your labs range for a young man and your E2 down between 10 to 30 best at 20. As for the penis this allways comes back to what it was before the low T mine was like that for over 10 yrs. and getting my e2 down it came back.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Phil, you are always the man to ask regarding thing's like this.

Marianco mentioned that having low testosterone in the long term will result in tissue loss in the penis. I think he said the levels have to be below 500 for this to happen though. Worrying my level's are below 500 but above it when i take androgel. I didn't feel too bad with androgel to be honest but i was worried about the side-effects i was getting. However even after stopping androgel for 2+ week's i am still getting the same side effects so i think this is somewhat related to the low testosterone itself.

I also think it's wise to go back to the androgel until i get my surgery. Strangly after a few week's on androgel my own system didn't shutdown and kept working away (LH at 3.0). I guess this might be why i was getting so good result's from the TRT.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megazoid
Phil, you are always the man to ask regarding thing's like this.

Marianco mentioned that having low testosterone in the long term will result in tissue loss in the penis. I think he said the levels have to be below 500 for this to happen though. Worrying my level's are below 500 but above it when i take androgel. I didn't feel too bad with androgel to be honest but i was worried about the side-effects i was getting. However even after stopping androgel for 2+ week's i am still getting the same side effects so i think this is somewhat related to the low testosterone itself.

I also think it's wise to go back to the androgel until i get my surgery. Strangly after a few week's on androgel my own system didn't shutdown and kept working away (LH at 3.0). I guess this might be why i was getting so good result's from the TRT.
Dr. Shippen talked about rebuilding the penis in his book doing a very low dose of T cream on the boys 3 times a week. I feel the cells rebuild. Yes do the andorgel untill you all healed up from the surgery. I don't understand why you would not want to be as strong as you can for surgery. I had surgery some time ago different problem but my Dr. Upped my does just before I had the surgery.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megazoid
Before i became hypogonadal i had an above average penis size and great libido/erections. Being a 23 year old guy i didn't have a single problem in the penis region. With that said I was also pretty small when flaccid but when erect i was a good bit above average.

I've only ever had one good testicle all my life but it did me well until it got injuried and i ended up with low testosterone.

A varicocele caused progressive testicular damage which resulted in my low testosterone. During the time when my testosterone level was dropping i noticed my penis was also shrunk up and really thin looking (like "out of gas"). I also noticed some strange "dots" (like bruises) appear on my glan's which were never their before (i showed this to the urologist). At this point i was taking any TRT and wasn't sure what was going on.

By the time my levels were in the 450/500 range my penis looked alot smaller than normal. Erections were weak and not as powerful as before either.

I am also pretty sure i noticed a slight reduction (maybe half an inch way) in size. Once i started on Androgel everything bulked up again and my penis looked normal again but still loosing half an inch each way. Getting erection's was still tough but alot better than before.

I am curious to know the relationship between testosterone and the penis? I am aware free testosterone has a role to play in flaccid size. I have heard that the penis can shrink if your testosterone level is low for a long time (maybe years?).

I have heard their can be tissue loss with really low levels (below 500)? However at the other end of the spectrum i have heard about guy's with no testicles getting no shrinkage at all (and that's without TRT).

Just looking for some information/experiences regarding this!
IIRC, the mornig wood have phisiological function, as it keeps penis tissue in good shape. There is a danger of scar tissue buildup if pines stays flacid long time.

Variations in pines size is probably a function of hardnes of erection.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:41 PM

From what I understand higher DHT levels do have some correlation with flacid size, probabaly more to do with blood flow than anything.

I have had your problem. I found the best fix to be some HCG. If your balls are 'big and hanging' then your penis will have a hard time remaining shrunken. Simple as that.

And absolutely your estrogen is also likely too high, nail it with a little arimidex.
mikes75 likes this.