What kind of other bodily diseases can be caused by neurotransmitters?

Discuss What kind of other bodily diseases can be caused by neurotransmitters? at the Men's Health Forum; I talked to someone who claimed that having high levels of anxiety over a long time can cause joint problems ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 AM

Default What kind of other bodily diseases can be caused by neurotransmitters?

I talked to someone who claimed that having high levels of anxiety over a long time can cause joint problems because neurotransmitters are out of balance. Is this true?

I also think I once read that ADD goes along with certain skin problems, is this true?
This makes me wonder wether my skin problems could have anything to do with this or could be symptomatic for something neurological. I have always had problems which no dermatologist could really help me with:
-deep sebaceous cysts which come and go and take a long time to be removed by the body
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Doctor of Medicine

Default Re: What kind of other bodily diseases can be caused by neurotransmitters?

You certainly have a way of going

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM

Default Re: What kind of other bodily diseases can be caused by neurotransmitters?

I had the exact same problem with sebaceous cysts and also a disease caused hydradentis supprativa ( essentially cysts that move and leave bloody track marks ).
The cause was gluten. Within a month the cysts began to heal and now they are gone. I had this problem for close to ten years before I figured out the connection. If you are gluten sensitive, the protein can also wreak havoc on neuros, hormones, and adrenals.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:37 PM

Damn this is scary. How can you find out if you're sensitive to gluten? I mean I don't have diarrhea or fart a lot. Is it even possible to find out for sure if you have it? Cause I wouldn't want to follow a totally strict diet without even knowing if it's necessary.

I wonder what kinds of things can you even eat if you mustn't eat gluten? Isn't this in pretty much everything like bread,cookies,pasta,pizza and so on?

Last edited by pinkman; 04-06-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

Where and how some people determine a simplified solution to a complex medical "condition" based on a SINGLE ANCEDOTE is beyond reason. May I suggest psychiatric help. Been there done that? TRY AGAIN!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 PM

This kind of shit upsets me. Some people act as if psychiatrists are the solution for everything. If someone has too many problems he simply needs a psychiatrist and he'll solve it all. This is retarded.
Ever thought about that maybe some people have a lot of strange shit going on? Ever seen mystery diagnosis? But no, this simply cannot be. Everybody who has too many complaints and ailments is simply crazy. Right.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member

Yea, but it turns out in the end they are " no mystery" are they? The answer to your last question is; you are RIGHT, psychiatric disorders are much more common in patients whom have multiple complaints for which no logical MEDICAL explainatiom can be reasoned, and that's no mystery!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Dr Jim you opened my eyes. Thank you so much.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Pretty simple. Cut out gluten for a few months. If cysts disappear you have your answer.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1erCru View Post
I had the exact same problem with sebaceous cysts and also a disease caused hydradentis supprativa ( essentially cysts that move and leave bloody track marks ).
The cause was gluten. Within a month the cysts began to heal and now they are gone. I had this problem for close to ten years before I figured out the connection. If you are gluten sensitive, the protein can also wreak havoc on neuros, hormones, and adrenals.

Yep. I used to get these ugly cysts on my face. Got two if them and had to have them removed. I went gluten free (have been since 98') and have never got a cysts again.