Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Discuss Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ? at the Men's Health Forum; Generally when you break it all down, you MAY find that the manufacturer is simply directing the MOST APPROPRIATE AREA ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Generally when you break it all down, you MAY find that the manufacturer is simply directing the MOST APPROPRIATE AREA that will not affect others. Put it on your waist or sides and could get on a small child if carrying via the shirt comming untucked. Put on scrotum/penis and now you are juicing your significant other, etc... So I suspect its a matter of safety, however, not firmly acknowledged via documentation for obvious legal reasons. It stands to reason that absorption through the skin will be about the same everywhere, however, it is given the core is the strongest area, and the edxtremeties loose values first, but shoulder is as good as a gut one would think...
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biceps72 View Post
how many grams/pump?

i get the packets either 2,5 g/packet or 5 g/packet.
I believe it's 2 grams per pump so now I'm up to 8 grams
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkobeck View Post
I have asked this before but can't seem to get an answer. When I was on the 1% I applied it to my flanks (sides) and I just felt better. I think it absorbed better then shouldder. Sho why do they now say say only shoulders?
Anyone ?
I think the 1,62% is a scam to get you spending more on the 40 mg of product than you used to pay for 50 mg monthly dose. Go back to your 1% original dose and apply as before. The monthly dose price is the same for either product, at least at my pharmacy. The new product gives you less mg of testosterone per buck. It is like the new tuna fish cans with less product inside. My dr appointment, it was clear that he was heavily sold on the new product by sales, but results were not improved.

They screwed with the clinical results by adjusting the dose to achieve the target testosterone level. There is no advantage to the new product unless you had issues with the 1% product volume.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 PM

Well, I don't pay for it either way, thankfully my insurance covers the whole thing. My doctor says its better because you are getting T in less material. I use the pump so I assume we can just keep adding pumps.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member

Good to hear from you G8.

Dont apply it hairy areas because the skin cells in these areas have more aromatase and also because the part that goes on the hair is wasted.
The absorption varies directly with the skin thickness. 10% overall and 25% for the scrotum.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post

Dont apply it hairy areas because the skin cells in these areas have more aromatase and also because the part that goes on the hair is wasted.
The absorption varies directly with the skin thickness. 10% overall and 25% for the scrotum.
I didn't know about the relationship between hair and aromatase! Actually never saw thosr absorption percentages before either.

Thanks ZKT

I think I must be doing something right by shaving all body areas where I apply androgel. As mentioned I wipe excess up thighs and on scrotum area.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post

ZKT - I am thinking that hairy areas have more 5-alpha-reductase which converts T to DHT, not aromatase which converts T to E2. Is that just a typo?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:56 PM

FYI I started to apply one pump to each flank and one pump to each shoulder and I'm wiping the excess on scrotum, as someone above mentioned. 3 days into it and I can really feel a big improvement!
I think the shoulders don't absorb as well and flanks,

I can't wait to get the blood in 2weeks
Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 PM

dude , dont put on your scrotum , thats asking for trouble
Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scally MD View Post
Simply, that is the site where the trials were conducted.
That. The sites used in the clinical trials are the only ones they can even comment on. They ain't got data for no where else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrock View Post
dude , dont put on your scrotum , thats asking for trouble
The hell, you say. Been applying it there once a week or so for years without any issues. I can get by with a much lower dose there (1-2 pumps instead of 6-8).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkobeck View Post
What about inside your annus?
Ummmm .... what about it?