Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Discuss Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ? at the Men's Health Forum; Generally when you break it all down, you MAY find that the manufacturer is simply directing the MOST APPROPRIATE AREA ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 PM
BBC3's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nastyville
Posts: 6,186
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Generally when you break it all down, you MAY find that the manufacturer is simply directing the MOST APPROPRIATE AREA that will not affect others. Put it on your waist or sides and could get on a small child if carrying via the shirt comming untucked. Put on scrotum/penis and now you are juicing your significant other, etc... So I suspect its a matter of safety, however, not firmly acknowledged via documentation for obvious legal reasons. It stands to reason that absorption through the skin will be about the same everywhere, however, it is given the core is the strongest area, and the edxtremeties loose values first, but shoulder is as good as a gut one would think...
__________________
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 AM
jonkobeck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 652
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biceps72 View Post
how many grams/pump?

i get the packets either 2,5 g/packet or 5 g/packet.
I believe it's 2 grams per pump so now I'm up to 8 grams
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 10-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkobeck View Post
I have asked this before but can't seem to get an answer. When I was on the 1% I applied it to my flanks (sides) and I just felt better. I think it absorbed better then shouldder. Sho why do they now say say only shoulders?
Anyone ?
I think the 1,62% is a scam to get you spending more on the 40 mg of product than you used to pay for 50 mg monthly dose. Go back to your 1% original dose and apply as before. The monthly dose price is the same for either product, at least at my pharmacy. The new product gives you less mg of testosterone per buck. It is like the new tuna fish cans with less product inside. My dr appointment, it was clear that he was heavily sold on the new product by sales, but results were not improved.

They screwed with the clinical results by adjusting the dose to achieve the target testosterone level. There is no advantage to the new product unless you had issues with the 1% product volume.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 PM
jonkobeck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 652
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Well, I don't pay for it either way, thankfully my insurance covers the whole thing. My doctor says its better because you are getting T in less material. I use the pump so I assume we can just keep adding pumps.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM
zkt zkt is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,962
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Good to hear from you G8.

Dont apply it hairy areas because the skin cells in these areas have more aromatase and also because the part that goes on the hair is wasted.
The absorption varies directly with the skin thickness. 10% overall and 25% for the scrotum.
__________________
We exist as a part of a vast integrated system where everything effects everything else in some fashion to some degree. Every, nanosecond of your time here, every thought, every feeling is precious.
You Are Your Biochemistry
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post
Good to hear from you G8.

Dont apply it hairy areas because the skin cells in these areas have more aromatase and also because the part that goes on the hair is wasted.
The absorption varies directly with the skin thickness. 10% overall and 25% for the scrotum.
I didn't know about the relationship between hair and aromatase! Actually never saw thosr absorption percentages before either.

Thanks ZKT

I think I must be doing something right by shaving all body areas where I apply androgel. As mentioned I wipe excess up thighs and on scrotum area.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkt View Post
Good to hear from you G8.

Dont apply it hairy areas because the skin cells in these areas have more aromatase and also because the part that goes on the hair is wasted.
The absorption varies directly with the skin thickness. 10% overall and 25% for the scrotum.
ZKT - I am thinking that hairy areas have more 5-alpha-reductase which converts T to DHT, not aromatase which converts T to E2. Is that just a typo?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-04-2011, 11:56 PM
jonkobeck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 652
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

FYI I started to apply one pump to each flank and one pump to each shoulder and I'm wiping the excess on scrotum, as someone above mentioned. 3 days into it and I can really feel a big improvement!
I think the shoulders don't absorb as well and flanks,

I can't wait to get the blood in 2weeks
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 637
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

dude , dont put on your scrotum , thats asking for trouble
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 PM
GirlyMan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 633
Default Re: Why cant I apply Androgel 1.62% to Abdomen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scally MD View Post
Simply, that is the site where the trials were conducted.
That. The sites used in the clinical trials are the only ones they can even comment on. They ain't got data for no where else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrock View Post
dude , dont put on your scrotum , thats asking for trouble
The hell, you say. Been applying it there once a week or so for years without any issues. I can get by with a much lower dose there (1-2 pumps instead of 6-8).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkobeck View Post
What about inside your annus?
Ummmm .... what about it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.