WOW how am i not dead? neurotransmitter test results

Discuss WOW how am i not dead? neurotransmitter test results at the Men's Health Forum; i basically bave no sex drive, no ambition for life and uh, could care less if i died. tests done ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Medicine > Men's Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Default WOW how am i not dead? neurotransmitter test results

i basically bave no sex drive, no ambition for life and uh, could care less if i died.
tests done by SANESCO.net
they want me to take prolent, lentra, somniTR, and contegra. however none of those cover dopamine, norepinephrine, or epinephrine. only gaba and serotonin...i care more about dopamine.

ill post them as follows:

serotonin: 59.2 (150-300 mcg/g Cr)

GABA: 379.1 )550-750)

DOPAMINE: 55.5 (150-300)

NOR-EPINEPHRINE: 20.4 (20-45)

EPINEPHRINE: 1.8 (3-20)

GLUTAMATE: 11.8 (15-35)

DHEA-S 2.8 (2-10)
Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Psychologist; Super Moderator

Default Re: WOW how am i not dead? neurotransmitter test results

these are either blood or urine values. Neither are directly measuring neurotransmitters in the brain. If these are urin values, they are measuring the levels released by the kidneys.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadDoc
these are either blood or urine values. Neither are directly measuring neurotransmitters in the brain. If these are urin values, they are measuring the levels released by the kidneys.
How would you directly measure neurotransmitters in the brain?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM

relative to a specific clinical syndrome for serotonin or dopamine, etc. there are a number of issues. How much in the brain at large and how much in specific sites? Technology is just not there. The brain scans tell us how active different sites are. EEG give us measures of speed and gross relationship to outer sites. Other than that, scientists will create behavioral measures indicative of clinical syndromes, treat some mice and then examine their brains directly. Humans aren't volunteering for this.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM

Right. Brain levels can't be measured yet but urine values have been shown to correlate fairly well with symptoms. The products they recommend are I assume their own line and we don't know what is in them. It is generally recommended to calm the system for a couple of weeks with serotonin precursors before beginning dopamine precursors. I am not familiar with that company but have found Neuroscience to be reliable and helpful.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

Are you saying then that these values are meaningless ? Surely not. They must have statistical relevance to the test population and therefor diagnostic significance. No ?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturdoc
Right. Brain levels can't be measured yet but urine values have been shown to correlate fairly well with symptoms. The products they recommend are I assume their own line and we don't know what is in them. It is generally recommended to calm the system for a couple of weeks with serotonin precursors before beginning dopamine precursors. I am not familiar with that company but have found Neuroscience to be reliable and helpful.
i agree, but i wanna start the dopamine precursers at the same time, because im fatigued not excited. do u by any chance know the dopamine precursers? i know there using L-phenylalanine as one of them. its all on www.sanesco.net and the 1 for dopamine and epinephrine is called PROCITE. its under theyre nutritional therapy button.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM

heres another question WHY ARE MY LEVELS SO FVCKED UP!?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:15 PM

here's a company with protocols for balancing the neurotransmitters. They use urine sampling to assess problems with the balance.

http://www.neuroassist.com/
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 PM

no dude im doing it THROUGH my dr he uses sanesco.net, they have all those products but more and more ingredients. patients cant order them. and it was urinal testing.