Type 1 diabetics

Discuss Type 1 diabetics at the Nutrition / Supplements Forum; Looking to see if any type 1 diabetics are here and willing to share advice on cutting. In short, I ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Bodybuilding > Nutrition / Supplements Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM

Default Type 1 diabetics

Looking to see if any type 1 diabetics are here and willing to share advice on cutting.

In short, I have been a diabetic for 25 years and never had unusual problems cutting pounds. Over the last four years I have been hitting a brick wall. I was diagnosed with low T 18 months ago (184) and have that corrected now. At the time I stupidly thought that was the main issue and once corrected I would be back to normal. Frustrated and thought another type 1 might have experienced something similar.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Type 1 diabetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhazelip View Post
Looking to see if any type 1 diabetics are here and willing to share advice on cutting.

In short, I have been a diabetic for 25 years and never had unusual problems cutting pounds. Over the last four years I have been hitting a brick wall. I was diagnosed with low T 18 months ago (184) and have that corrected now. At the time I stupidly thought that was the main issue and once corrected I would be back to normal. Frustrated and thought another type 1 might have experienced something similar.

Tell us about your diet - how much insulin are you on - any other meds you take - what is your exercise routine like - how many days do you go to the gym - how much cardio do you do - are you on testosterone replacement therapy - if yes how much test do you take and how often do you inject - if you don't inject are you using a cream or pellet therapy - if not what are you doing for your low t - have you done any steroids in the past - if yes how many cycles and what have you taken

How old are you as well - height, weight - how often do you measure your blood sugar per day
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 AM

35 years old
5'10"
225 lb
23% BF

Check my blood sugars on average 8 times a day. On an insulin pump and have been for 7 years using Apidra insulin. Over the past year HA1C has ranged from 5.8 to 6.3.

Current diet is 1800 calories with 30g of carb a day monday through Saturday and 100g on Sunday. Exercise routine is tue/thur/sun moderate cardio AM for 30 minutes. Tue/thur push split 45 min, wed/fri pull split 45 min during the afternoon. Tue/thur evening 30 min Intervals (sprints, battling ropes, bear crawls, boxing etc). Saturday AM and Sunday PM 2 hours of field work drills with a trainer.

I am on testopel for TRT.

Never done a cycle of steroids. The closest I have come is andro for 3 months in the 90s.

I am taking Symlin injections, phentermine, and vitamin D.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
35 years old
5'10"
225 lb
23% BF

Check my blood sugars on average 8 times a day. On an insulin pump and have been for 7 years using Apidra insulin. Over the past year HA1C has ranged from 5.8 to 6.3.

Current diet is 1800 calories with 30g of carb a day monday through Saturday and 100g on Sunday. .
What does Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner look like on an average 30 carb day and on a 100 carb day?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM

I will post this past Sunday (100g) and Monday (30g)

4 hard boiled eggs
4oz ham
Navel orange

Snack VPx zero carb 2 scoops

6oz lean bison
1 cup green beans
1 cup spinach
Navel orange

1 cup diced boiled chicken breast
4 cups spring mix salad
1.5 cups broccoli

Monday

4 hard boiled eggs
4oz ham
1 cup spinach
2 slices cheddar

6 oz lean bison
1 cup spinach

1 salmon fillet
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Old 04-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 AM

Thanks I will take a look at these links. I am neither a proponent or opponent of the paleo diet but have not seen any different results from it.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Thanks I will take a look at these links. I am neither a proponent or opponent of the paleo diet but have not seen any different results from it.
I need to retract or at least alter my previous statement. It appears my diet p, while not exact, closely follows the paleo diet.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I need to retract or at least alter my previous statement. It appears my diet p, while not exact, closely follows the paleo diet.
LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com

Steve Phinney – Low-Carb preserves Glycogen better than High Carb | Me and My Diabetes

Last edited by cvictorg; 04-11-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Ketogenic diets and physical performance