Can Androgel account for increases in muscle mass?

Discuss Can Androgel account for increases in muscle mass? at the Steroid Forum; Because it's an androgen, I'm sure any form of testosterone in the bloodstream is anabolic, but I've heard that Androgel ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to m_ob Send a message via Yahoo to m_ob
Default Can Androgel account for increases in muscle mass?

Because it's an androgen, I'm sure any form of testosterone in the bloodstream is anabolic, but I've heard that Androgel results in little increase to overall mass if any at all. I can't see how this could be true, especially if it's properly applied and absorbed. Here's something I found from a HRT doctor

"Testosterone supplementation (by any route) can be associated with increased muscle mass, as well as improved libido, mood, and other effects. Switching from testosterone injections to AndroGel in and of itself should not cause weight gain. Its essentially the same medication, just in a more convenient and less painful formulation than injections"
Dr. Robert J. Franscino
Attached Images
File Type: gif benefits_chart.gif (43.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-24-2010, 11:44 PM

Thumbs up Re: Can Androgel account for increases in muscle mass?

That's interesting to hear. I was on Androgel a few years ago and hated it. After 2 months of applying that crap my T levels only increased 76. That sucks! I personally prefer the injections, there painless to me, any it just once a week. I have also notices a muscle mass gain and I don't even work out.

So bottom line injections for work best, but everyone is different!

Thanks again for sharing, morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ob View Post
Because it's an androgen, I'm sure any form of testosterone in the bloodstream is anabolic, but I've heard that Androgel results in little increase to overall mass if any at all. I can't see how this could be true, especially if it's properly applied and absorbed. Here's something I found from a HRT doctor

"Testosterone supplementation (by any route) can be associated with increased muscle mass, as well as improved libido, mood, and other effects. Switching from testosterone injections to AndroGel in and of itself should not cause weight gain. Its essentially the same medication, just in a more convenient and less painful formulation than injections"
Dr. Robert J. Franscino
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Can Androgel account for increases in muscle mass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmorris View Post
That's interesting to hear. I was on Androgel a few years ago and hated it. After 2 months of applying that crap my T levels only increased 76. That sucks! I personally prefer the injections, there painless to me, any it just once a week. I have also notices a muscle mass gain and I don't even work out.

So bottom line injections for work best, but everyone is different!

Thanks again for sharing, morris
I'm hoping my young skin allows for increased absorbtion. Wishful thinking, I know, but we'll base it off how I feel.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

Increased relative to what?

Increase can definitely be had using Androgel under some circumstances compared to some other circumstances.

For example, someone who isn't weight training and has severely depressed testosterone is of course going to have good muscle mass increases on using Androgel and weight training. That would be at one extreme.

At the other extreme, someone who has good testosterone in the first place and uses Androgel and either doesn't train either before or after, or is at a stable point in his training and keeps things the same, is unlikely to notice much if anything.

Ask Bill Roberts Q&A - Bill Roberts answers your questions about anabolic-androgenic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to KBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post

Increase can definitely be had using Androgel under some circumstances compared to some other circumstances.

For example, someone who isn't weight training and has severely depressed testosterone is of course going to have good muscle mass increases on using Androgel and weight training. That would be at one extreme.

At the other extreme, someone who has good testosterone in the first place and uses Androgel and either doesn't train either before or after, or is at a stable point in his training and keeps things the same, is unlikely to notice much if anything.
Maybe if your jump in a bathtub of it lol.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post

First off, thank you Mr. Roberts for giving your input. I'm talking about in the situation of an already deficient male who has lost tone and mass due to hypogonadism. From what you're saying, in this case I would benefit from the increase to optimal T levels?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
First off, thank you Mr. Roberts for giving your input. I'm talking about in the situation of an already deficient male who has lost tone and mass due to hypogonadism. From what you're saying, in this case I would benefit from the increase to optimal T levels?
yes, androgel can definitely help u increase lean body mass from ur present state, when combined with smart resistance training. i put on mass when i went on androgel/testim in 2004...and again in 2006, just not as much as i have since by switching to shots in late 2006. last month my doc added testim to my shots, so now i'm really humming along.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:08 AM

I don't know how much benefit she was getting with it vs other things, but I know a 'natural' bodybuilder friend of mine would apply Androgel every morning at the gym prior to working out.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Dr. Robert J. Franscino
Androgel more convenient than injections?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Baker View Post
Androgel more convenient than injections?
i used to think that way years ago.\

i must say tho, my doc is right...combining injections and gels is sort of the best of both worlds. u get the continuous exposure of the injections and some semblance of natural hormonal rhythm with the gels. Testim is every bit the inconvenient bitch i remember, but now i only leave it on 60-120 minutes, and i scrub it off with heavy soap on a bath-brush so i dont carry that cheap-cologne smell everywhere. if it didn't absorb faster than Androgel i'd be using the latter instead, no smell n less sticky under ur clothes...

i had suggested 100mg cypionate injections for mob twice weekly, along with 1-2 pumps of androgel, but he went the route of 4 pumps daily along with (what i *think*, with my limited knowledge) is a pretty big dose of HCG. based on what Dr RIck Loftus wrote on another forum, i'd worry if hi-doses of hcg longterm might not result in the same symptoms as longterm cypionate injections, eg infertility, even-more-suppressed endogenous T production, possible dopamine antagonism, but with less T-boosting effect.