deep tissue and injection sites

Discuss deep tissue and injection sites at the Steroid Forum; I'm a massage therapist, and doing some research on behalf of a client on deep tissue massage and how it ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 12:09 PM

Default deep tissue and injection sites

I'm a massage therapist, and doing some research on behalf of a client on deep tissue massage and how it can help bodybuilders - especially in terms of injection sites/scar tissue/stretch marks, etc.
It's also my first time on this site and posting a forum, hopefully i'm doing it right. anyway - anyone with any info, let me know. I'm a personal trainer and know my way around the gym, I just don't have any personal experience with the juice, so to speak, lol
thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: deep tissue and injection sites

i think you`re right, that a deep tissue massage really would benefit a bodybuilder.

but....let me tell you. NO ONE is going near my injection sites with a deep tissue massage. that sounds like torture!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member

actually many pro bodybuilders get deep tissue massage...first on my mind is ronnie colemand and dorian yates...they say it actually hurts a bit, or is uncomfortable first, but afterwards it was a big help with pain, recovery and relaxation...

as far as injection sites and scar tissue, that could help and seems viable..but once scar tissue develops its there for good. let us know how you feel about this...

All advice is for informational/educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for a qualified legal counselor and in no way constitutes an attorney/client privilege
Old 11-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkarch View Post
actually many pro bodybuilders get deep tissue massage...first on my mind is ronnie colemand and dorian yates...they say it actually hurts a bit, or is uncomfortable first, but afterwards it was a big help with pain, recovery and relaxation...

as far as injection sites and scar tissue, that could help and seems viable..but once scar tissue develops its there for good. let us know how you feel about this...
Good info Bigkarch!

If the scar tissue has not built up yet and can be rubbed well, it definitely helps. During some cycles I have had some deep tissue massages and it was a huge help, especially injection sites. Massages are great for the human body period.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM

thanks for the info guys.
To comment on what someone had said - it's true that once there's scar tissue it doesn't leave. but when it forms (due to injury, needle injection, etc) it lays itself down in a haphazard manner. Massage (friction technique specifically) with stretching and ice can help realign the collagen fibres (ie. scar tissue) into more appropriate lines of stress, to help maintain range of motion and tissue pliability etc.
I never would've thought that massaging someone's injection sites would be beneficial, but ya - it totally makes sense.
Here's my pro-massage comment for the day hahaha: muscle is surrounded by facia. Massage can help to release facia which in turn enables the muscles to relax a bit more. My client commented that after I had worked on his traps for part of a treatment, that they felt and looked bigger. It's not that massage has anything to do with muscle hypertrophy, but it can help to restore muscles to a more appropriate resting length, which as a result can make them look bigger.
If you happen to be in Ontario, Canada, go to College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, and search for an RMT in your area!