DHEA or Progesterone in rectum

Discuss DHEA or Progesterone in rectum at the Steroid Forum; Dr. Mercola speaks highly about DHEA and he says that he takes it too, but because it can cause complication ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Default DHEA or Progesterone in rectum

Dr. Mercola speaks highly about DHEA and he says that he takes it too, but because it can cause complication if swallowed or if used as a cream he is recommending of putting it in one’s rectum.

- Now does anyone here know if this is true and worth to try?
- If I stick a pill of DHEA or Progesterone in rectum does it dissolve or does it need to be in some other form like cream?
- I get dome hearth irregular beating problems with DHEA; any ideas how to avoid that? I take only about 10mg a day in a pill form.

By Dr. Mercola: Best Way to Use Progesterone Cream
The key mistake that many well intentioned knowledgeable doctors, including myself made is to advise to use the cream on your skin. While this certainly provides better results than swallowing the hormones, it can still be improved.
If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into.
From here the hormones are carried to your heart and lungs and distributed to your tissues just as if your ovary had actually produced them.

Men also require hormones and I myself take DHEA. Obviously men don't have a vagina to use but we do have a rectum that has a similar mucosal epithelial surface and can be used to administer the hormones in a near ideal fashion without any of the complications previously described.

Here is the full text: Complications Regarding Progesterone Cream
Old 06-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Doctor of Medicine

Default Re: DHEA or Progesterone in rectum

IMO, " Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola is a website dedicated to junk science. Anything posted there can be ignored with no risk of missing something of consequence."

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Steroid Forum Leader

Perhaps Dr Mercola can provide the evidence for the "complications" from taking DHEA orally. Other than that the milligram dosing will be higher, which is pretty irrelevant because it is cheap.

Or more likely, he cannot.

DHEA via the rectum is pretty much as the below:

Interorectogestion Turkey - Martha Stewart Living

Ask Bill Roberts Q&A - Bill Roberts answers your questions about anabolic-androgenic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 06-25-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
Perhaps Dr Mercola can provide the evidence for the "complications" from taking DHEA orally. Other than that the milligram dosing will be higher, which is pretty irrelevant because it is cheap.

Or more likely, he cannot.

DHEA via the rectum is pretty much as the below:

Interorectogestion Turkey - Martha Stewart Living
LOL. This southpark episodes comes to mind every time I see a question on the forums along these lines (e.g. "Instead of injecting X / using transdermal X, can't I just stuff it up my ass?"). I often wonder how such questions are so casually posed...
Old 06-26-2011, 06:38 AM

Dr. Merocla I don’t know about, but why rectum is not viable option for DHEA and Progesterone delivery, same way as sublingual and creams are? It goes without saying that it will be absorbed/converted differently in each case; stomach, rectum, cream or sublingual.

There are many different medicines that are administered via rectum.

I have read in several other sources that there really is not consensus as far as to what DHEA converts into in stomach. Also it could convert into different things in different people depending on their overall hormonal health, age, sex etc.

I was hoping that maybe via rectum would help with the heart palpitations.

If I try via rectum should I lower the dosage? I am male 55 and take about 12 mg daily. (split 25 pill.)

I am in good overall health, but as I go to a gym and workout lifting weights; after 3 months of moderate exercise (I workout about 3 times a week) I get classic Adrenal Fatigue symptoms. Then I have to stay out of a gym for 3 months before I start ANY kind of exercise again.

So this is why I am trying to take DHEA and Progesterone. Am I on the right track?

My levels:
testestrone level: CLIA 2.66 ng/ml (male 3.0 - 10.6)
DHEA-sulphate 4.2011: CLIA 128 ug/dl (male 80-560)

Last edited by Tim Max; 06-26-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Max View Post
- I get dome hearth irregular beating problems with DHEA; any ideas how to avoid that? I take only about 10mg a day in a pill form.

]
If you are experiencing cardiac rhythm arrhythmias from DHEA you might want to consider cutting back on the doseage. . People have died from this cause. If its just tachycardia, not such a big deal.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

Quote:
Dr. Merocla I don’t know about, but why rectum is not viable option for DHEA and Progesterone delivery, same way as sublingual and creams are? It goes without saying that it will be absorbed/converted differently in each case; stomach, rectum, cream or sublingual.

There are many different medicines that are administered via rectum.

I have read in several other sources that there really is not consensus as far as to what DHEA converts into in stomach.
Well, there can always be a person such as perhaps Dr Mercola who will disagree, without any evidence to support the disagreement, and then there is not consensus.

But the metabolism of DHEA is well understood. It is for example stable to stomach acid.

It's not a question as to whether rectal absorption is viable, it's a question of whether there is a reason.

I would not assume that changing the mode of administration of DHEA will change your outcome. I would instead be concerned that higher-percentage absorption of DHEA rectally could increase your problem.

Does Dr Mercola state that individuals who experience arrhythmia with DHEA taken orally do not experience it when taken rectally? Now if he has actually observed this then perhaps there is a reason. But if he has not, it sounds like potentially dangerous speculation that changing the mode of administration to a higher-bioavailability method would decrease your problem.

Personally I tend to wonder if the observed problems some have had with this, at very low doses of DHEA, are a result of impurities in very poor quality product. But that is only speculation. My reason for it however is that far higher oral doses have been studied medically, with different DHEA material, without this problem. And by far higher, I mean over 1000 mg/day.

It could be the case that a pharmaceutical product, by virtue of being pure, might not have adverse side effects seen with cheapest-possible-manufactured Chinese material.

However, I do not know that impurities are the cause of this effect. I offer it only as a possibility.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 06-26-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I was hoping that maybe via rectum would help with the heart palpitations.
My apologies for not taking your question more seriously...

Are you sure that the heart palpitations are from the DHEA? In other words, did you have similar heart palpitations before you started DHEA? The typical heart palpitation (premature ventricular contraction) can be caused by many things, and is not typically dangerous. You can even get them by eating a meal high in simple carbohydrates.

Here's a list of other common causes: see Premature ventricular contraction - Causes
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Does Dr Mercola state that individuals who experience arrhythmia with DHEA taken orally do not experience it when taken rectally?

- No he has not said anything like that. I just thought that just maybe if DHEA is delivered via rectum it would be absorbed differently and then would not cause heart palpitations; tachycardia. I have read in many many sites that heart palpitations are quite common with DHEA.

According to Dr. Mercola he takes it in the ass (bun indented), so I thought that I may try the same. But maybe I should stick to Progesterone instead since I seem to be able to tolerate it better. I started to take it just a few days ago. Also I may try a new brand of DHEA to see about the quality issue.
Thanks for your replies.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Dr. Mercola speaks highly about DHEA and he says that he takes it too, but because it can cause complication if swallowed or if used as a cream he is recommending of putting it in one’s rectum.

- Now does anyone here know if this is true and worth to try?
- If I stick a pill of DHEA or Progesterone in rectum does it dissolve or does it need to be in some other form like cream?

By Dr. Mercola: Best Way to Use Progesterone Cream
The key mistake that many well intentioned knowledgeable doctors, including myself made is to advise to use the cream on your skin. While this certainly provides better results than swallowing the hormones, it can still be improved.
If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into.
From here the hormones are carried to your heart and lungs and distributed to your tissues just as if your ovary had actually produced them.

Men also require hormones and I myself take DHEA. Obviously men don't have a vagina to use but we do have a rectum that has a similar mucosal epithelial surface and can be used to administer the hormones in a near ideal fashion without any of the complications previously described.

Here is the full text: Complications Regarding Progesterone Cream
WTF? Dude, If I gotta shove stuff up my ass to get big, I will quit bodybuilding for good... I wouldn't even consider this for a second.