DHT Based Steroids?

Discuss DHT Based Steroids? at the Steroid Forum; Which steroids convert to DHT ? or better yet is there a steroid that is just straight DHT?...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 PM

Default DHT Based Steroids?

Which steroids convert to DHT? or better yet is there a steroid that is just straight DHT?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Doctor of Medicine

Default Re: DHT Based Steroids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiravp82 View Post
Which steroids convert to DHT? or better yet is there a steroid that is just straight DHT?

Is this a trick question? DHT

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

No pharmaceutical anabolic steroids except testosterone convert to DHT.

Some prohormones such as androstenedione, 4-AD, and DHEA have some conversion to DHT.

None of the currently sold "prohormone" products convert to DHT, except "4-DHEA" to some extent.

DHT itself has never been available in the United States as an injectable or oral pharmaceutical drug.

It has been tried transdermally and contrary to what some might expect, its use did not result in observed prostate problems. One study is described at: The Effects of Transdermal Dihydrotestosterone in the Aging Male: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind Study -- Kunelius et al. 87 (4): 1467 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

A likely reason for that is concurrent reduction of estrogen levels. Estrogen can be a worse culprit for the prostate than androgens.

Ask Bill Roberts Q&A - Bill Roberts answers your questions about anabolic-androgenic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the response guys! the reason im asking is because im currently on TRT and the injections nor gels are raising my DHT, about two years ago i was on 10grams of androgel daily and my DHT was x4 above the reference range! then i stopped androgel and took a two year break with TRT and now starting 10grams of androgel daily again its not moving my DHT one bit! stuck at 12ng/dl and beleive me i can feel the symptoms of it i cant even feel my penis in my pants i cant even get blood flow to my penis no matter what girl is in front of me and since USA doesnt have DHT gel im stuck and dont know what to do at this point.....
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Steroid Forum Leader

I would give Masteron or Proviron a try.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 AM

Which one of those two drugs is more safe? and can they be taken longterm?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

They are both very safe when used at low dose.

If you monitor LH levels, which is not an expensive test at all, and determine that LH is not being too adversely affected or you adjust dose downwards until it is not, there would be no problem with long term use.

If trying Masteron I'd use 100 mg/week, divided into at least two or preferably three injections per week, assuming it's the usual enanthate ester.

For Proviron, I'd try occasional 50 mg usage, with experiments to see if lower dose will work well.

If used every day there would be some suppressive effect (50 mg/day has been shown in the scientific literature to be significantly suppressive) but whether it would be excessive in any individual case can't be said without testing.

If preferring to measure testosterone, in the case of Proviron it occurs to me now it could make sense to take a large dose, such as 200 mg, an hour or so before the test and then see if the T result comes back unusually high. If not, then the test is not falsely detection Proviron as being testosterone, and so one could rely simply on T testing rather than LH testing,

But an LH test can be as low as about $40 anyway.