Dr Scally...Clomid or Nolvadex for HRT

Discuss Dr Scally...Clomid or Nolvadex for HRT at the Steroid Forum; Dr Scally,what are you thoughts on using something like Clomid or Nolvadex to raise my test levels since i am ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Default Dr Scally...Clomid or Nolvadex for HRT

Dr Scally,what are you thoughts on using something like Clomid or Nolvadex to raise my test levels since i am 65 years old and dont really want to do TRT right now.I still do bodybuilding and lately since i have been using your procol for PCT have noticed i can hold onto a lot more muscle vs not doing any PCT.I started using steroids in 1980 and back then there was no PCT known to follow.I only did 8 week cycles and never had a problem recovering. I used your PCT recomendation and really like the way it helped me after my cycle.I plan on going to a endo the first of the year that specializes in hormone treatment and get a complete bloodwork to see where my hormone levels are and go from there,i Would rather not go on TRT if there is another alternative like Clomid or Nolvadex,the only the thing that bothers me with clomid is the side effects with higher doses.. I do short 8 weeks cycles during the year maby 2 or 3 with moderate doses of test and something like EQ or tren...

Read more from the MESO-Rx Steroid Forum at: http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/stero...#ixzz1dKu4ddDf
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Dr Scally...Clomid or Nolvadex for HRT

MR10X, at 65 and all those years of external enhancement, you've earned a free ticket on a rest-of-your-life cruise on hormone replacement therapy. There just ain't enough of your own hormones being produced by your body to bother "enhancing" your natural output. Stay young, stay strong, until the Big Trumpet blows. If you can get GH prescribed, do that too. Take the free ticket, my friend. Get on the bus, Gus. Don't try to be coy, Roy.

All aboard!

Always merry & bright,
Solo
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Steroid Forum Leader

Keeping estradiol in the 20's pg/mL has health benefits as well as tending to improve testosterone.

I'd recommend doing that (with an AI) and see how it works before considering long-term Clomid/Nolvadex use.

One reason for this is that, while there's no evidence of their being seriously genotoxic and so where there's substantial benefit from short-term use of them I'm in favor of it, I don't have the same feeling about risk/benefit with regard to 365 days per year, year-in-year-out use.

Ask Bill Roberts Q&A - Bill Roberts answers your questions about anabolic-androgenic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 AM

I was thinking of using an AI while i am on a cycle,probably 8 weeks and using Clomid and nolvadex only for PCT and continuing to use those until my next cycle.My last cycle i started using 500mg Sustanon instead of the Test E i usually use and i got some gyno which i usually dont have a problem with.The only other compound was Tren A which i have used in 3 other previous cycles and not had any issues other than the night sweats,cardio loss,and a slight increase in agression.I was using 600mg a week of Test E and 150mg EOD of tren a in my previous cycle. I guess ill have to wait and see what my blood work shows after being off everything for 3 or 4 months and go from there.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

My reply above was to your first post, which I thought was talking about raising testosterone during periods of not doing cycles, and after PCT was completed.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
My reply above was to your first post, which I thought was talking about raising testosterone during periods of not doing cycles, and after PCT was completed.
That is what i want to do is raise my testerone level while im off cycle so i can maintain more mass, not necessarily gain more mass because i cycle my training also and just want to maintain while i am not traing to gain mass.I seem to hold onto more when i am doing the clomid/nolvadex phase of PCT than if i dont do PCT.I would like to keep it in the high/normal range while im off cycle,but i dont want long term use of an AI or Nolvdex/clomid. My thoughts are to use the AI at differnt times than the Clomid/nolvadex to avoid issues with using either for a long time.Obviously going on TRT would be much easier than using an AI or serms but i am not ready to do that. once i find a doctor that understands hormones and knows what i want to do i can get bloodwork to evaluate my levels it will be all good.Then i can get perscriptons for stuff that i have faith in.I am using research stuff now and it seems to be working for me.

Last edited by MR10X; 11-11-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

I know of no issue of any kind with using letrozole or Arimidex long-term, where dosage keeps estradiol in the 20's pg/mL.

Adverse side effects of these drugs so far as I know are only from excessive effect in lowering estrogen, where dosing is too high.

Rather than alternate between an AI and a SERM while off-cycle and past PCT, I would use only the AI to maintain desired low-normal estradiol level.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 AM

I have used letro and it is strong for me,i have ADEX now and what i prefer,i just wounder how much to use and how much i will elevate my test level. I was using .5mg daily while on cycle ,so i think .5 EOD would be a good dose im only looking to do this for another year or 2 and will then probably go on TRT.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Steroid Forum Leader

It's fine preferring Arimidex, but if you found a problem of letrozole being too "strong" the problem was dosage, not the drug itself.

If you got blood tests for estradiol level while on-cycle and using this amount of Arimidex, what were the results, and how much testosterone were you using?

About what is your testosterone level normally when off-cycle? Do you have a figure for your estradiol level off-cycle?

When using letrozole, what dose was too strong? Off-cycle, or when using how much testosterone?

Apologies for all the questions, but without any information, it's really impossible to say.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 11-11-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 AM

I didnt get blood test while on the cycle,i was using 250mg of sustanon every three days with some tren A.I got gyno pretty quickly so i started the adex at .5mg daily.I normally use 300mg test E every three days but wanted to start using faster release compounds.I used the sustanon for 4 weeks then switched to test prop to finnish. I front loaded the sustanon at 500mg for the first shot then used 250mg every three days.i could tell my test level rose very quickly compared to using test E. I am waiting till first of the year to get blood work so everything will be out of my system. I used letro at a pretty high dose to get rid of some gyno which i have had for long time,which didnt work.I totally killed my libdo but at lower dose it worked good,i used it till i ran out and am now using adex.I guess what i need to do is find a doctor that will work with me,i dont expect him to give me a prescription for steroids except maby some test for TRT.I am willing to be honest with him and tell him what i have done and what am currently doing.