Finasteride blocking hairloss with Tren...

Discuss Finasteride blocking hairloss with Tren... at the Steroid Forum; i've heard conflicting reports on this....some say do not use finasteride with deca or tren , some say just don't ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Finasteride blocking hairloss with Tren...

i've heard conflicting reports on this....some say do not use finasteride with deca or tren, some say just don't use it with deca but tren is ok. opinions?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:19 PM

Doesn't do anything to tren.

Finasteride helps with testosterone and derrivatives like methyltest and halo. It hurts (makes more androgenic) nandrolone and some of its derrivatives like ethylestrenol and nilevar. Tren is a nandrolone based drug, but doesn't seem to be affected by 5-alpha reductase to any appreciable degree. At the very least, it definitely won't help with hair loss here.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2005, 03:05 PM

Unless under very specific circumstances, you would not be using tren without test, the simple answer is: "If you are concerned with hairloss, use finasteride in any bulking cycle containing testosterone, even if Deca is being used in said cycle."

From my experience finasteride use in a test cycle warrants the use of a very strong anti-e. Finasteride use in a cutting cycle with testosterone does not produce good results as edema and fat accumulation is accelerated with finasteride use.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:57 PM

Lightbulb

Finisteride only directly blocks the DHT conversion of testosterone, but it will still help to some degree since it will lower your overall DHT levels. The only AAS this would not apply to would be Deca. If you're really concerned take it with a topical DHT product like Xandrox or Spiro. Check out www.xandrox.com
Old 01-03-2005, 01:47 AM

[QUOTE=atomicone]Finisteride only directly blocks the DHT conversion of testosterone, but it will still help to some degree since it will lower your overall DHT levels. The only AAS this would not apply to would be Deca. [QUOTE]

I am not certain of the veracity of this statement. However, your point regarding topicals is a good one.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP
edema and fat accumulation is accelerated with finasteride use.
really? i've never heard that...dramatic acceleration?

Last edited by DocJ; 01-03-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:07 PM

Fairly dramatic. Studies indicate that males using finasteride increase scale weight and that this weight is generally water. Finasteride increases circulating estrogen for two reasons: (1) there is more serum testosterone as less is converted to DHT (although through feedback this will reach equilibrium rather quickly) and in turn more estrogen via aromatase and (2) and most important, there is a systemic lack of DHT. DHT is thought to have anti-estrogenic type effects.

From my own experience finateride use hinders fat loss attempts in the absence of a good anti-estrogen.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:39 PM

I've used Propecia/Proscar for 2 years straight and now take Avodart .5mg ED and have not noticed any estrogen related weight gain/bloating. However, it is true that by lowering DHT and thus raising Test levels you can possibly have a little bit more estrogen than the average male, although I had my blood work done 3 months ago and all my estrogen levels were normal.

FYI: I have a full head of hair, but Xandrox, Propecia/Proscar/Avodart, and Dr. Mitchell's RX shampoo (which contains 2% Nizoral and 3% Salacylic Acid) had a lot to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP
Fairly dramatic. Studies indicate that males using finasteride increase scale weight and that this weight is generally water. Finasteride increases circulating estrogen for two reasons: (1) there is more serum testosterone as less is converted to DHT (although through feedback this will reach equilibrium rather quickly) and in turn more estrogen via aromatase and (2) and most important, there is a systemic lack of DHT. DHT is thought to have anti-estrogenic type effects.

From my own experience finateride use hinders fat loss attempts in the absence of a good anti-estrogen.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:02 AM

Old 01-04-2005, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP

I would still recommend finasteride while cycling with testosterone, but would strongly suggest a very good anti-e as well.
i have mildly thinning areas and my genetic predisposition for MBP is pretty low. would simply using finasteride when using test even though it's use would only be during that cycle time help with any possible thinning? thanks.