Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection

Discuss Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection at the Steroid Forum; Hey Everyone We've gotten a lot of questions in here about the ventrogluteal injection site, so hopefully this will help ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

Default Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection

Hey Everyone

We've gotten a lot of questions in here about the ventrogluteal injection site, so hopefully this will help clear things up a bit for everyone. I wish the pictures were better, but its frick'n hard as hell to take pictures while injecting. So if anyone has any questions let me know. Hopefully they are easy to follow and understand. I'll also attach a pdf if people have questions on injection technique.

http://home.earthlink.net/~miche1/intrainj.pdf

VG over view:

1. Find the
trochanter. It is the knobby top portion of the long bone in your upper leg (femur). It is about the size of a golf ball.

2. Find the anterior iliac crest. The nurse will help you find the bone landmarks.

3. Place the palm of your hand over the trochanter. Point the first or index finger toward the anterior iliac crest. Spread the second or middle finger toward the back, making a 'V'. The thumb should always be pointed toward the front of the leg. Always use the index finger and middle finger to make the 'V'.

4. Give the injection between the knuckles on your index and middle fingers.

5. Stretch the skin tight.

6. Hold the syringe like a pencil or dart. Insert the needle at a right angle to the skin (90 degree).

7. You may give up to 3 ml. (cc) of fluid in this site.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection

Very good post bro! I was confused myself about the spot. Looks like it's pretty painful to inject over there though.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to bigrobbie

As always...great stuff my friend!! Reps for the post! I WISH WE COULD STICKY!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Best way I've found to find it by yourself is to start at the trochanter move approx 1'' north then continue shifting your weight from your "off" leg and then back to the leg you intend on injecting. When you find the right muscle it will be bulging out whenever your weight is on the "inject" leg.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

It has always been confusing. Someone once told me about it on this forum, and the way it was described it sounded almost like the groin. I KNEW BETTER, but remained confused.

I call it "The Karate Kick Muscle". If raising your leg out to the side, it will bulge right over the Rear top of your hip.

YOUR PHOTOS ARE GREAT!
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper
Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

My favourite spot since forever, and, Reinie, you can sink a full 1.5" w/o any pain whatsoever.

In fact, I ran a similar demonstration post a while ago (http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/stero...134274390.html), but my tough old bod is not as smooth & purty as TR2.

Solo
Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo47 View Post
My favourite spot since forever, and, Reinie, you can sink a full 1.5" w/o any pain whatsoever.

In fact, I ran a similar demonstration post a while ago (http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/stero...134274390.html), but my tough old bod is not as smooth & purty as TR2.

Solo
Solo is correct, 1.5 in spike no pain, for those wondering what I used, 23g 1.5in, super easy. The only thing is a few surface veins which can be easily avoided.

Nice Picks bro, couldn't guess your age from those, Got some hair though...lol Just messing.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
Very good post bro! I was confused myself about the spot. Looks like it's pretty painful to inject over there though.
ZERO PAIN bro, nothing, the absoute best spot for injecting. Very few nerves and very few veins, just some surface ones that you can see and avoid.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member

i've ALWAYS heard the ventro is the best spot to inject both to avoid pain/nerves/veins/arteries, and to inject week after week year after year with the least amount of scar tissue or damaged muscle function. i'd be using 25ga. 1.5" needles...TH2, u had said previously that u were starting on .25s...may i ask y u switched back to .23s??

between this thread n solo's thread, i may build up enuff courage to try it out...i will note that the nurses at my doc also had no idea how to adminster a ventro injection tho.

thanks again.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

one question: on the image with the triangle superimposed, that's NOT the entire viable injection area, is it? i was under the impression that the actual pin-spot would be a 1.5-2" diameter circle roughly in the middle of that triangle...and that missing that spot meant hitting bone. THAT's my one big fear with this injection site.