Horrible side effects from Clomid

Discuss Horrible side effects from Clomid at the Steroid Forum; Thanks to all the bros who helped me out in my last post about HCG . The advice really worked ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 PM

Default Horrible side effects from Clomid

Thanks to all the bros who helped me out in my last post about HCG. The advice really worked and my nuts are back to their regular size now.

Anyway, I'm 18 days into my 45 day PCT of:
1-30 100mg Clomid
1-45 20mg Nolvadex

So far so good libido is coming back, and I have only lost a few lbs of water weight and only a little bit of strength. But here is my problem: goddamn Clomid is making me want to blow my brains out. There are a lot of good things happening in my life now, but since I started on Clomid its been awfully hard to enjoy anything. I tried to switch it to taking it at night instead of the morning but it just keeps me up with crazy anxiety dreams.

I don't mean to sound like a pussy about all this, but Clomid is one drug I'll never PCT again! My question is do you think it would be crazy to discontinue the Clomid and carry on with just the nolvadex for the remainder of the PCT, or would the extra 12 days of Clomid make that big of a difference? It would make a big difference in my mental well-being, but I don't want to risk not fully recovering.

I plan on getting bloodwork done although I haven't got any bloodwork done before just thought it might be useful to see where I stand. Next time I'm definitely going to try Toremifene!

Any advice?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Horrible side effects from Clomid

I missed your pct thread, but why are you taking 100mgs for so long? You should have run 100mgs for a max of 4-5 days, preferably 3, and then switched to 50mgs per day. I don't know why you weren't given this advice, but it's a moot point now.

How long was your cycle? What compounds did you use? These are important questions regarding whether or not it is ok to go to a nolva only pct from this point on.

You should be fine doing that if your cycle was 12 weeks or less and didn't include deca or tren.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

Personally i would never try clomid. The best combo out there for pct is 25mgs aromasin ed along with 20mgs Nolvadex ed. And of course HCG before going into pct.

Last edited by Reinheart; 03-11-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:39 PM

My cycle was 12 wks and it was test only. I got up to 100mg ED prop towards the end of the cycle but never went above that.

Would it be worth getting bloodwork done at this point. I don't have a pre-cycle bloodwork done to compare the results to unfortunately. Would it be useful? What kind of ranges should I be looking for to indicate 'recovery'..?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Clomid ripped my head off and shit down my neck. I will never touch that shit again. Psychotic depression and anxiety in one tiny pill.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenriswolf80 View Post
My cycle was 12 wks and it was test only. I got up to 100mg ED prop towards the end of the cycle but never went above that.

Would it be worth getting bloodwork done at this point. I don't have a pre-cycle bloodwork done to compare the results to unfortunately. Would it be useful? What kind of ranges should I be looking for to indicate 'recovery'..?
Blood work is king, but I would say that you should be fine just going with nolva from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus61 View Post
Clomid ripped my head off and shit down my neck. I will never touch that shit again. Psychotic depression and anxiety in one tiny pill.
Sooooooooo, you like it? I'm confused.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someanddone View Post
Blood work is king, but I would say that you should be fine just going with nolva from here on out.
OK, gtg! What kind of things should specifically I be looking for in the bloodwork results?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenriswolf80 View Post
Thanks to all the bros who helped me out in my last post about HCG. The advice really worked and my nuts are back to their regular size now.

Anyway, I'm 18 days into my 45 day PCT of:
1-30 100mg Clomid
1-45 20mg Nolvadex

So far so good libido is coming back, and I have only lost a few lbs of water weight and only a little bit of strength. But here is my problem: goddamn Clomid is making me want to blow my brains out. There are a lot of good things happening in my life now, but since I started on Clomid its been awfully hard to enjoy anything. I tried to switch it to taking it at night instead of the morning but it just keeps me up with crazy anxiety dreams.

I don't mean to sound like a pussy about all this, but Clomid is one drug I'll never PCT again! My question is do you think it would be crazy to discontinue the Clomid and carry on with just the nolvadex for the remainder of the PCT, or would the extra 12 days of Clomid make that big of a difference? It would make a big difference in my mental well-being, but I don't want to risk not fully recovering.

I plan on getting bloodwork done although I haven't got any bloodwork done before just thought it might be useful to see where I stand. Next time I'm definitely going to try Toremifene!

Any advice?
damn that's terrible even though you were running 100mg for longer then you should, you definitely shouldn't try the clomid. Check out other pct's. Damn i know nolvadex makes me somewhat more depressed but if the reaction is that bad stay far away from it.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:26 PM

Male users generally find that a daily intake of 50-100 mg (1-2 tablets) over a four to six week period will bring testosterone production back to an acceptable level. A very common regime of dosing is; 300 md/day 1, 100 mg/day for days 2-11, and 50 mg/day for days 12-21. This raise in testosterone should occur slowly but evenly throughout the period of intake. Since an immediate boost in testosterone is often desirable, many prefer to combine Clomid with HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) for the first week or two after the steroids have been removed. The kick-start from HCG also helps to restore the normal ability for the testes to respond to endogenous LH, which may be hindered for some time after the cycle is ended due to a prolonged state of inactivity. Once the HCG is stopped, the user continues treatment with Clomid alone. HCG should not be used for longer than two or three weeks though, as the resulting increased testosterone and estrogen levels may again initiate negative feedback inhibition at the hypothalamus. When planning your ancillary drug program, it is also important to remember that injectable steroids can stay active for a long duration. Using ancillary drugs the first week after a long acting injectable like Sustanon has been stopped may prove to be wholly ineffective. Instead, the athlete should wait for two to three weeks, to a point where androgen levels will be diminishing. Here the body will be primed and ready to restore testosterone production.

As for toxicity and side effects, Clomid is considered a very safe drug. Bodybuilders seldom report any problems, but listed possible side effects do include hot flashes, nausea, dizziness, headaches and temporarily blurred vision. Such side effects usually only appear in females however, as they feel the effects of estrogen manipulation much more readily than men. While female athletes can clearly gain some benefit from this substance, estrogen manipulation is probably not the most comfortable way to go about cutting up. Should it still be used for such purposed and side effects do become pronounced, the drug of course is to be discontinued and (at least) a break taken from it.

I have never experienced any side effects from using clomid,especially depression...
Old 03-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinkid85 View Post
Male users generally find that a daily intake of 50-100 mg (1-2 tablets) over a four to six week period will bring testosterone production back to an acceptable level. A very common regime of dosing is; 300 md/day 1, 100 mg/day for days 2-11, and 50 mg/day for days 12-21. This raise in testosterone should occur slowly but evenly throughout the period of intake. Since an immediate boost in testosterone is often desirable, many prefer to combine Clomid with HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) for the first week or two after the steroids have been removed. The kick-start from HCG also helps to restore the normal ability for the testes to respond to endogenous LH, which may be hindered for some time after the cycle is ended due to a prolonged state of inactivity. Once the HCG is stopped, the user continues treatment with Clomid alone. HCG should not be used for longer than two or three weeks though, as the resulting increased testosterone and estrogen levels may again initiate negative feedback inhibition at the hypothalamus. When planning your ancillary drug program, it is also important to remember that injectable steroids can stay active for a long duration. Using ancillary drugs the first week after a long acting injectable like Sustanon has been stopped may prove to be wholly ineffective. Instead, the athlete should wait for two to three weeks, to a point where androgen levels will be diminishing. Here the body will be primed and ready to restore testosterone production.

As for toxicity and side effects, Clomid is considered a very safe drug. Bodybuilders seldom report any problems, but listed possible side effects do include hot flashes, nausea, dizziness, headaches and temporarily blurred vision. Such side effects usually only appear in females however, as they feel the effects of estrogen manipulation much more readily than men. While female athletes can clearly gain some benefit from this substance, estrogen manipulation is probably not the most comfortable way to go about cutting up. Should it still be used for such purposed and side effects do become pronounced, the drug of course is to be discontinued and (at least) a break taken from it.

I have never experienced any side effects from using clomid,especially depression...

This is old info. It is commonly known now not to use hcg in concurrence with pct. Hcg should ideally be run from week 3 on, but if not, it should be run at a fairly high daily dose 500-1000iu for 10-14 days at the end of the cycle, but BEFORE pct. Hcg continues to shut the user down, despite it's help in priming the testes for lh and fsh production. But that's just it, it primes, it does not start it.