Ketotifen weight gain

Discuss Ketotifen weight gain at the Steroid Forum; I would say it's as powerful as a steroid as far as weight gain goes. They use it together with ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 PM

Default Ketotifen weight gain

I would say it's as powerful as a steroid as far as weight gain goes. They use it together with steroids for people with HIV/AIDS or cancer to counteract weight loss. I can literally gain a pound a day on it just by taking 1 pill, and that is before going to sleep and waking in the morning and checking my weight when already in a cutting cycle. Where did the weight come from? It makes sense that they use it for those people who are sick. Is it fat? Is it water? I doubt it could be muscle. I can't seem to find any information on what it could be.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Ketotifen weight gain

I've never heard that. I do know it makes you hungrier than hell.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 PM

The only reason I would take it is for clen and ephedra, and it does work for that, but if it makes me gain weight like this, then it's not worth it. I've been steadily losing weight for the past 3 weeks and Ketotifen magically puts weight on me. I just found one article that said it has a "cell volumizing effect." I'm not sure what that means exactly. I think creatine might work the same way, so it might be water weight. I don't think it's affecting my appetite, but even if it was, I'm still watching my calories.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Doctor of Medicine

In the only study to date, Ketotifen use was found to be worthless!

Hengge UR, Baumann M, Maleba R, Brockmeyer NH, Goos M. Oxymetholone promotes weight gain in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection. Br J Nutr 1996;75(1):129-38.

The effect of the testosterone derivative oxymetholone alone or in combination with the H1-receptor antagonist ketotifen, which has recently been shown to block tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha), on weight gain and performance status in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) patients with chronic cachexia was evaluated in a 30-week prospective pilot study. Thirty patients were randomly assigned to either oxymetholone monotherapy (n 14) or oxymetholone plus ketotifen (n 16). Patients receiving treatment were compared with a group of thirty untreated matched controls, who met the same inclusion criteria. Body weight and the Karnofsky index, which assesses the ability to perform activities of daily life, and several quality-of-life variables were measured to evaluate response to therapy. The average weight gain at peak was 8.2 (SD 6.2) kg (+ 14.5% of body weight at study entry) in the oxymetholone group (P < 0.001), and 6.1 (SD 4.6) kg (+10.9%) in the combination group (P < 0.005), compared with an average weight loss of 1.8 (SD 0.7) kg in the untreated controls. The mean time to peak weight was 19.6 weeks in the monotherapy group and 20.8 weeks in the combination group. The Karnofsky index improved equally in both groups from 56% before to 67% after 20 weeks of treatment (P < 0.05). The quality of life variables (activities of daily life, and appetite/nutrition) improved in 68% (P < 0.05) and 91% (P < 0.01) of the treated patients respectively. Oxymetholone was safe and promoted weight gain in cachectic patients with advanced HIV-1 infection. The addition of ketotifen did not further support weight gain. These results suggest the need for a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicentre trial.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hengge_Oxymetholone & Ketotifen.pdf (814.9 KB, 0 views)

Email for free copy (pdf), "Anabolic Steroids - A Question of Muscle: Human Subject Abuses in Anabolic Steroid Research."

Email - [email protected]
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/michaelscally
Blog - http://michaelscally.blogspot.com/
FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000559797692
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)/ Androgen Induced Hypogonadism (AIH) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/609337655745437/
Old 12-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Veteran Member

I like it because it knocks me the hell out to sleep ,3-4mg for a great sleep.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasthace View Post
I like it because it knocks me the hell out to sleep ,3-4mg for a great sleep.
That it does. Great for when on clen. Not only does it up-regulate the receptors but it helps you get to sleep.