is it safe to switch from doxy to cipro?

Discuss is it safe to switch from doxy to cipro? at the Steroid Forum; ive been taking doxycycline for 3 days for a urinary infection but there is no change in my swollen neck ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM

Default is it safe to switch from doxy to cipro?

ive been taking doxycycline for 3 days for a urinary infection but there is no change in my swollen neck glands so i want to switch to cipro,is it ok to start taking the cipro right away if not how long should i wait after my last dosage of doxycycline? also what dosage should i take? and i have the generic stuff is this just as good? i got it from www.medsavings.biz
Old 04-09-2004, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone
ive been taking doxycycline for 3 days for a urinary infection but there is no change in my swollen neck glands so i want to switch to cipro,is it ok to start taking the cipro right away if not how long should i wait after my last dosage of doxycycline? also what dosage should i take? and i have the generic stuff is this just as good? i got it from www.medsavings.biz

bump.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2004, 07:11 PM

go see a doc, you're gonna help create some nasty super bacteria there dude
Old 04-09-2004, 08:11 PM

why will i? if the doxy and cipro dont work doesn't that mean it wont cause any super bugs?

can super bugs still be treated?
Old 04-09-2004, 08:14 PM

Natural selection. You don't want to use multiple antibiotics. Stick to one and ride it out. Swollen lymph nodes aren't going to go down immediately.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:16 PM

can you create super bugs by taking the wrong antibiotics? i thought it was when you didnt finish a course!
Old 04-09-2004, 08:22 PM

Quote:
can you create super bugs by taking the wrong antibiotics? i thought it was when you didnt finish a course!
Antibiotics don't get rid of all the bacteria. Inevitably there will be some that will be resistant. However, antibiotics reduce the bacterial load to levels where the immune system can clear them.

Did you just "diagnose" yourself?

Using multiple antibiotics is a bad idea. Using the wrong antibiotics won't create "superbugs" but they won't clear your infection either.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:52 PM

ive had swollen neck glands for almost 2 years ever since i did a dbol cycle,also i have sore nuts with tiny skin colour lumps all over my balls and shaft!!! its not an std because ive never had sex with anyone and im too embarrased to go to the doc and drop my pants because i have a tiny dick.

and no this is not a joke,i only wish it was.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:58 PM

Quote:
ive had swollen neck glands for almost 2 years ever since i did a dbol cycle,also i have sore nuts with tiny skin colour lumps all over my balls and shaft!!! its not an std because ive never had sex with anyone and im too embarrased to go to the doc and drop my pants because i have a tiny dick.

and no this is not a joke,i only wish it was.
Not to terrify you, but swollen glands for 2 years is not something to take lightly...it's not bacterial if that's the case. There are many potential reasons for something like that, and there's no reason to scare you and list them, but you should see a doctor ASAP. Patients are nothing but numbers/cases to most docs. You have no reason to be embarrassed. You're juicing to build your body and make the most of your potential but at the same time neglecting to take care of your body at its most fundamental level. Really, see a doc.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:20 PM

why else could i have swollen glands? i also have ocasional stomach pains,what do oyu think it could be?