So you injected into a vein, now what?

Discuss So you injected into a vein, now what? at the Steroid Forum; Im on HRT and have a question. I always aspirate, but what if you accidentally do inject right into a ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 AM

Question So you injected into a vein, now what?

Im on HRT and have a question.

I always aspirate, but what if you accidentally do inject right into a vein?

What should you do?

Call 911 immediately?
See how you feel, and if like shit, call 911?
Immediately drive to hospital? (possibly passing out at the wheel)

I only inject half a cc. Whats my worst case scenario and what should I do if I suddenly realize I just injected into a blood vessel because I suddenly feel weird?

What are the symptoms of injecting into a blood vessel anyway? Will it be way obvious and IMMEDIATE???
Old 09-25-2009, 11:14 AM

Default Re: So you injected into a vein, now what?

did you pull back on the syringe to see if blood comes up???? are you conscious?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2009, 11:17 AM

I always pull back... but were human... we make mistakes.

One day I may forget and inject into a blood vessel.

MY QUESTION IS..... if that happens, what should you do???????
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 AM

Chances are your going to feel like shit i dont think you have to worry as much as you are? i personally have never went into a vein but you need to ASPIRATE. How are you feeling?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM

I have also worried about this and looked up other post on this subject and from what i have read it hasnt been serious enough to call 911 if you do inject into the vien. people said it was the worst few minutes of there life and it almost feels like you need to call 911 but they get through it. i guess you start to have a shortness of breath and will start coughing bad, also you will have a bad taste of alchol in your lungs and throat but it only last for a mintue or two. i guess if it happens just stay calm and relax.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:46 AM

Aspiration is done because when you pull back if in the proper area would feel resistance. If in a vein the syringe would quickly fill with blood. It is almost impossible to not know your in a vein.

Blood Vessel is one of the most misused medical terms. Your Heart is a blood vessel. When we inject into muscles or attempt to the blood vessel most are referring to is a capillary. Capillaries generally carry small amounts of blood and tend to be low pressure (that means the amount of blood is small and generally stops bleeding quickly with a small amount of pressure applied on the outside skin.

If you managed to inject into a vein you would want to lay down. Call 911 and try to breath normally. It is really pointless to discuss this as it would just scare people when I cannot imagine someone doing it on accident. If you have read about Aspiration and given yourself an IM this should not be an issue.

The best advice I have if you are new to IM injections or if you intend on giving them to yourself is to read about not only proper technique but also to read about the areas of the body you intend on giving the injections. Seriously all injections are to be taken seriously but with a reasonable amount of caution and knowledge it should never be a problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:44 PM

Your fine it take 20cc of air to kill you.. very rare to die
Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 AM

When I injected into my glute the other day, a little blood came back when I pulled the plunger back. I pulled to needle out and injected again. Would that have been a vein or artery if there was just a little blood? Also was it ok that I injected it back in a new spot with some blood in the syringe?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettj86 View Post
When I injected into my glute the other day, a little blood came back when I pulled the plunger back. I pulled to needle out and injected again. Would that have been a vein or artery if there was just a little blood? Also was it ok that I injected it back in a new spot with some blood in the syringe?
Done this several times in the glutes and it never hurt me. Actually, as long as I knew I was injecting in the correct spot on the glutes (upper outide quadrant), if there was a little blood when aspirating, I injected anyway. Never had a problem either way, assuming you are injecting in the correct spot of the glute, quad, etc....
Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Look, its like riding a bike. Its not a matter of "if" you could inject a vein, its when. You will do it sooner or later. Always insert the needle fairly slowly. Odds of you getting a very large vein in glute are slim. I can even feel the needle go in one side of a vein and out the other sometimes. Regardless and with that said. You are going to pass through veins from time to time. Then when you aspirate it will appear as nothing wrong. As soon as you pin it though, it will leech back along the line of the needle and enter the vein. YOU WILL KNOW IT IMMEDIATely. The alcohol in the solution with be expelled by the lungs. It will cause a slight burning sensation and you will cough some. It will last anywhere from 5 to 30 mins. Its no big deal. Just consider it a free lung cleaning.

Grab a beer when this happens as it makes for a nice chaser.....
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper