Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like Adderall

Discuss Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like Adderall at the Steroid Forum; Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like amphetamines? Do they perceive the risk of ...

Go Back   MESO-Rx > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Default Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like Adderall

Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like amphetamines?

Do they perceive the risk of abuse or diversion so much greater when it comes to anabolic steroids as compared to Adderall?

Steroid Profiles | Steroid Source Reviews |How to Use Steroids
Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like Adde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Baker View Post
Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like amphetamines?

Do they perceive the risk of abuse or diversion so much greater when it comes to anabolic steroids as compared to Adderall?

Doc.s in my state can't call in schedule 2, including adderall/methylphenidate etc...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member

Default Re: Why must doctors call in prescriptions for AAS but not controlled drugs like Adde

Adderall is a sched 1. No doc can call that in. No doc can write more than a month at a time. Some will even card you to pick up at docs office.

Testerone is Shedule 3. Any doc can call that in anywhere, any state most likely. It is much easier to prescribe....
Disclaimer: My thoughts are fictional ramblings only. The pupose of my participation here is to stimulate fuel for thought. EVERYONE should take everything here will a large grain of salt. Use this information for your own furthe reseach ONLY.

The Wopper Popper
Old 10-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

I was under the impression that drugs at greater risk for "diversion and abuse" would ONLY be called in by a doctor. It seemed like this would make it more difficult for someone to obtain the drug illegitimately.

OTOH, it seemed that drug with lower abuse potential (or diversion risk) could be written on a doctor's prescription pad for the patient to take to any pharmacy.

IOW (according to this reasoning)...

Schedule 2 Adderall would be CALLED IN.

But Schedule 3 Testosterone would be a WRITTEN PRESCRIPTION
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Psychologist; Super Moderator

actually the control of scripts for stimulants is so tight that a doc must write a script each month. Most docs can write a script for testosterone with renewals. So the tighter the scrutiny, the more frequently the doc has to write a script. This implies that the doc is forced to review the need monthly.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadDoc View Post
actually the control of scripts for stimulants is so tight that a doc must write a script each month. Most docs can write a script for testosterone with renewals. So the tighter the scrutiny, the more frequently the doc has to write a script. This implies that the doc is forced to review the need monthly.
In Texas, I think it is 3 months for stimulants but same for testosterone... But what are the controls for doctors calling into pharmacy versus writing a physical script?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Psychologist; Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Baker View Post
In Texas, I think it is 3 months for stimulants but same for testosterone... But what are the controls for doctors calling into pharmacy versus writing a physical script?
the pharmacy has a signature and the state has a record. People who abuse painkillers and get scripts from several docs can get caught this way. Here in AZ, my doc gives me enough renewals for TRT to keep me going for months on one script----I never figured it out but it probably comes to a year at the doses he prescribes.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC3 View Post
Adderall is a sched 1. No doc can call that in. No doc can write more than a month at a time. Some will even card you to pick up at docs office.

Testerone is Shedule 3. Any doc can call that in anywhere, any state most likely. It is much easier to prescribe....

Adderall is a schedule II....Schedule I's are drugs that are of little/no medicinal value. Amphetimines and other various C-II's must have a physically written & signed script every month...no more than a 30 day supply can be called for at a time. C-III's can't be called in persay; however, more than a month's supply can be issued at one time.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjaredxx View Post
Adderall is a schedule II....Schedule I's are drugs that are of little/no medicinal value. Amphetimines and other various C-II's must have a physically written & signed script every month...no more than a 30 day supply can be called for at a time. C-III's can't be called in persay; however, more than a month's supply can be issued at one time.
You guys stand me corrected again!! Regarding the call-in versus the written script. I always thought it was simply because of the nature of the class of drug. Meaning, I thought shedule II's were either more powerful or, commonly sought after. Thus, the reason for the written script is the CYA factor. Anyone could fake a doc's voice on a phone and call in a script verbrally relaying the docs DEA number.. Whereas on the more controlled ones, there would be written documentation covering everyone. This protects the pharmacy, the doc, and you. There can be no questions short of forgery which is more traceable.

If i am correct about the likelihood of abuse being a factor in the shedule two class, past (and even current) demand in society is tiny in comparison on black market to narcotics, per say. If strength or danger has anything to do with the classification, I think the FDA states testosterone is diffiult to impossible to fataly overdose on. Although, i would not want to be on the receiving end of a 5 gram pin!!! When you consider that you can overdose and die from too much nyquil, I think the second of my theories is probably incorrect.

Thanks for the correction. Nobody's perfect
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you for all the clarifications - you've answered my questions.