Is It Legal to Buy Anabolic Steroids from Internet Pharmacies?
The purchase and/or possession of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) is illegal in the United States without a valid medical prescription. It is illegal in many other countries as well.
DO NOT BUY STEROIDS IF IT IS ILLEGAL IN YOUR JURISDICTION.
MESO-Rx Does NOT Sell Anabolic Steroids!
The legality of using such drugs varies from country to country. The use and/or importation of such drugs into your country or locality may or may not be disallowed or illegal. We recommend that you contact your local FDA and/or customs office regarding the regulations and restrictions of your country. MESO-Rx assumes no responsibility or liability for violation (or consequences thereof) of the respective rules and regulations in your particular jurisdiction. ANY ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT YOUR COUNTRY’S IMPORTATION LAWS IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. ANY ATTEMPT TO DO SO IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND AS SUCH UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS MESO-RX LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, FINANCIAL, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE THAT RESULT FROM SUCH ACTIONS.
What Does U.S. Federal and State Law Say About the Purchase of Anabolic Steroids from Internet Pharmacies?
U.S.federal and state law clearly state that it is technically illegal to buy anabolic steroids and import them from outside the United States. While there may be theoretical exceptions, the letter of the law prohibits such importation.
- Federal law prohibits the importation of an FDA-approved pharmaceuticals that is manufactured within the United States. (21 U.S.C. § 381(d)(1))
- Federal law prohibits the importation of pharmaceuticals that are not approved by the FDA. (21 U.S.C. § 355)
- Federal law prohibits the importation of an FDA-approved pharmaceutical produced by a foreign manufacturer that does not have FDA approval for that drug. (21 U.S.C. § 355)
- Federal law prohibits the importation of an FDA-approved pharmaceutical produced by a foreign manufacturer even when that firm has FDA approval if the version produced for foreign markets does not meet the various requirements of U.S. approval in all respects. (21 U.S.C. § 355)
- Federal law prohibits the importation of pharmaceuticals that do not meet all U.S. labelling requirements and bears FDA approved labelling. (21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(2)
- Federal law prohibits the importation of pharmaceuticals that are dispensed without a valid prescription. (21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(1))
- State law may prohibit the importation of pharmaceuticals if the pharmacy that ships the drugs to the consumer is not registered and/or licensed by the State.
What About the FDA Personal Importation Policy?
The FDA Personal Importation Policy does NOT change the law in any way! It only delineates the enforcement discretion accorded to the FDA. The pharmaceuticals remain illegal to import. Anabolic steroids for sale are illegal to import into the United States. However, the FDA may choose to allow individuals to import illegal drugs under certain defined circumstances. According to the “FDA Regulatory Procedures Manual” (Chapter 9, Subchapter: Coverage of Personal Importations):
In deciding whether to exercise discretion to allow personal shipments of drugs or devices, FDA personnel may consider a more permissive policy in the following situations:
- when the intended use is appropriately identified, such use is not for treatment of a serious condition, and the product is not known to represent a significant health risk; or
- when a) the intended use is unapproved and for a serious condition for which effective treatment may not be available domestically either through commercial or clinical means; b) there is no known commercialization or promotion to persons residing in the U.S. by those involved in the distribution of the product at issue; c) the product is considered not to represent an unreasonable risk; and d) the individual seeking to import the product affirms in writing that it is for the patient’s own use (generally not more than 3 month supply)and provides the name and address of the doctor licensed in the U.S. responsible for his or her treatment with the product, or provides evidence that the product is for the continuation of a treatment begun in a foreign country.
If there are any questions about the application of these factors to any product, the product should be detained and FDA personnel should consult with the appropriate headquarters office.
What Does the Drug Enforcement Agency Say About the Purchase of Anabolic Steroids from Internet Pharmacies?
According to the Drug Enforcement Agency: “For a prescription to be valid under federal and state law, there must be a bona fide doctor patient relationship, which is defined by most state laws to require a physical examination. “Completing a questionnaire that is then reviewed by a doctor hired by the internet pharmacy could not be considered the basis for a doctor/patient relationship.” Vol. 66 Federal Register 82, PP 21181-21184 (April 27, 2001)
“Moreover, if the prescription drug is a controlled substance and the drug is being imported into the U.S. from a foreign country and being shipped to anyone other than a DEA-registered importer, such transaction is a felony in violation of Sections 957 and 960 of Title 21, United States Code.”
MESO-Rx Does Not Condone the Illegal Acquisition of Pharmaceutical Drugs
MESO-Rx DOES NOT condone the illegal acquisition of pharmaceutical drugs. Rather it encourages readers within the U.S. to lobby their representatives in Congress to repeal the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990 and the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 and move to decriminalize or legalize the use of anabolic-androgenics steroids for non-medical purposes.
About the Banner Advertisements and External Links to Third Party Websites
The advertisements that appear on thinksteroids.com are intended only for those people for which it is legal and displayed to recognize those companies that support the publication of anabolic steroid educational information. If you order products from one of these companies, it is highly recommended that you find out what the laws are regarding such purchases. DO NOT purchase any products that are illegal in your country.
If you arrested for buying or selling anabolic steroids, please contact an attorney qualified in steroid law.
DO NOT contact MESO-Rx for any reason regarding products from our advertisers. MESO-RX will have no information to provide on the sale or purchase of any product from these advertisers. Please contact the advertiser, not MESO-Rx, if you need additional information that isn’t provided on the advertisers’ website. MESO-Rx DOES NOT have any affiliation with these advertisers.