14 week show prep

Discussion in 'Steroid Cycle Log' started by Gain Train, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

what's up guys, I'm starting this log late but I wanted to make sure everything was working well before I started.
    I will be keeping this thread updated atleast once a week with weight changes, workouts/PRs, dietary adjustments, cardio adjustments and drug adjustments. Undecided but I may post physique photos as I progress through prep.

Current plan is to continue cutting down to 198 to compete in classic physique 5'10 division and also light heavy weight bodybuilding. This is my first prep but not my first cut, and this will be about my fifth cycle or so.

Starting week stats:
    Height: 5'10 (no I'm not expecting to get taller lol)
    Weight: 229.4lbs
    Description: soft looking upper body, minor deposits of lower chest fat, water on the hips, abs are gone, basic off season fluffy look, legs are still lean as they always are with hamstring and quad separation.

Proceeding posts will have me update the first, second and third weeks of my diet, drugs and cardio along with general bits. Then every week after I will keep the same post organization.

2. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Week 1
    Weight: 229.4lbs
    After a month of injury with minimal maintenance workouts, I'm expecting to make initial gains before weight drop occurs.

Current cycle:
    NPP 400mg/wk
    Test P 300mg/wk
    aromasin 12.5mg ED
    ECA everyday before fasted cardio
    400mg Vitamin-B6 ED

Attached Files:

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  3. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Week 2:
    Weight: 230lbs
    Description: hips and chest already begun to tightened up, otherwise all else is the same

Cycle:
    NPP 400mg/wk
    Test P 300mg/wk
    aromasin 12.5mg/ED
    ECA in the morning before fasted cardio
    Vitamin B6 400mg/ED

Attached Files:

4. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Week 3:
    Weight: 228.6lbs
    Description: waist is tight, chest is almost competent liberated of water/fat, serratus show up when I vacuum, abs now visible in good lighting

Cycle:
    NPP 400mg/wk
    Test P 300mg/wk
    aromasin 12.5mg/ED
    ECA same as last week
    Vitamin B6 400mg/ED

Attached Files:

5. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Now all the info is completely caught up, this Saturday will make week 4 and I will update any changes, then on Thursday for my check in I will update my weight.

FCKY11c likes this.
  6. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Rolling into week 4 today! So far only 6 days a week am I doing cardio, so today I can completely relax:cool: I bumped the intensity of the fasted cardio up by 2 levels on the step mill. I also now added in post workout HIIT cardio on the stationary bikes. Let's see how check ins go this upcoming Thursday!

Cycle:
    NPP 400mg/wk
    Test P 300mg/wk
    aromasin 12.5mg/ED
    ECA before fasted cardio
    Vitamin B6 400mg/ED

Attached Files:

7. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Rolling through week 4 of prep, ramping up the intensity of my workouts now that my sciatica has completely gone away.
    Hit leg day today as per usual for Mondays. Cravings aren't bad at all, i'm too focused on winning right now to care about slipping up on my diet to eat a meal that I could instead enjoy the night after winning. I am keeping weight heavy on all major compound movements in the rep range between 3-8. My accessory movements don't often go beyond 12 reps.
    Workout:
    Squats: pyramid up and then hit top sets of 405lbs 3 sets x 6
    Leg Press: pyramid up load plates until you max the machine out keeping reps between 12-15
    Leg extensions: Full stack 4 sets x 10
    Super Set
    SLD and Gluteator machine 4 sets x 10
    Lying leg Curls: Pyramid up to full stack for 8 reps on every set

jaymaximus likes this.
  8. buildthebody

buildthebody Junior Member

My sciatica has flared up twice in the last 6-8months besides stretching and rest what do you do to try and subdue the pain, for me it’s like really painful in my entire lower back and radiates down the left leg to the point where even standing straight up is painful and trying to bend even slightly is excruciating

Gain Train likes this.
  9. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Good to see you back in the thick of things @Gain Train...sciatica sucks and I've had it before and took meds to manage the pain.

Gain Train likes this.
  10. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

oh man you have no clue ahha i had sciatica down both legs, I couldnt so much as take a deep breath without pain lol. but all the rehab workouts and stretching i put myself through definitely is what fixed it.

11. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Late update for this last week but we are no rolling into my fifth week of prep, so I am now 10 weeks out!

Weight: Thursday morning weigh-in I was 228lbs, only a .4lb loss from last week but i'm looking more muscular than my last cut and definitely holding muscle plenty better, all weightloss so far is forsure only adipose tissue.

Cardio: I am keeping fasted cardio at 6 days a week and now increasing the stepmill intensity once again to level 12 which is about 104 steps a minute for 35 minutes. I burn about 735 calories in one session lol. I am also leaving my HIIT spin cycle cardio post workout at 8 minutes for this week. (45 seconds moderate pace, 15 seconds all out).

Diet: Getting into the nitty gritty, I removed the 5oz ground beef and whole egg from breakfast, they are now replaced by 6oz of chicken breast. Also now my meal 5 which is my post workout meal has now been changed from 6oz tilapia and 97g Brown rice to 8oz of Tuna and a large spinach romaine salad with fat free sugar free balsamic vinegar dressing.

Gear: While my NPP kickstart came down, I was also injecting tren E this week and front loaded @ 600mg. This next week for now and the proceeding weeks until I feel like something needs to be changed will continue to be
    Tren E 400mg/wk
    Test P 300mg/wk
    aromasin 12.5mg/ED
    ECA before fasted cardio
    Vitamin B6 400mg/ED

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  12. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

weekly notes: Now that I have full confidence in my recovery from the injuries, this last week on back day I deadlifted 500lbs for 2 sets of 5, and on leg day I bar squatted 405 for 2 sets of 20. The Gain Train is back babayyyyyy!!!!!!!! This upcoming week I will keep the deadlifts lighter so as to let my body recover and reset (last time I didn't deload I got sciatica and back spasms so I will definitely be smarter this time around lol).

If anyone was curious what my weekly split looks like it is
    Sunday: Back
    Monday: Legs
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: Arms
    Thursday: Back (deadlift day)
    Friday: Shoulders
    Saturday: Off day

I brought down leg day frequency, to once a week because it is one of my more dominant features and doesn't require the extra stimulation. I started out my training career squatting four times a week. I train back twice because it is so complex and it is super fun to train. The other muscle groups I hit so hard I cannot lift them more frequently and instead leave them to be done once a week.

I will try to check the forum more often incase anyone has questions or comments, I often forget to check for notifications.

13. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

And a reminder to everyone why I buy one extra vial of everything I need, I dropped a vial of tren this morning and now I won the most anabolic tile flooring ever. Always buy extra incase freak accidents like this occur and it will keep you from having to run a shorter than intended cycle.

14. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Update: 10 weeks out
    Weight: 227.2lbs (this morning)
    Looking at photos I'm getting much leaner and keeping muscle size as well as increasing strength. But at this rate with the cardio and calories I don't want to be an undernourished hamster on a wheel by the end of prep. But I need to continue to pick the pace up a bit, so I will be implementing 25mcg of t3 ED for a few weeks, along with 40mcg clen ED. I'm essentially re-comping by the look of it and I need the cut to hit full force. I've had previous experience with all the drugs and ancillaries on this cycle other than the T3 so I know what to expect from everything else and will monitor effects of the T3 when I begin to use it come Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise, let's keep rollin!

15. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Any reason for no pics?

GilGripper and Gain Train like this.
  16. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

I'm going to make the before and after once I'm done completely, I just want the results to be more profound I guess. Kinda like wearing sweats 24/7 through prep to hide the master piece until it's ready.

FourOneDeuxFitt and Wunderpus like this.
  17. TorroXL

TorroXL Member

Are you gonna Run tren thru the show?

18. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

That's the game plan but I'll be montoring myself and judging whether to keep it or drop it before the show, more than likely drop all injections a few days out to reduce the welts

TorroXL likes this.
  19. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Mini update, so far I'm doing great! Strength is going up still and/or maintaining. I'm too damn stubborn to let a caloric deficit keep me from getting stronger haha. Either way, therapeutic dosage of t3 (25mcg) and low dose clen (40mcg) has definitely begun to work, maintaining fullness with massive pumps but Im already down 3 pounds in three days. Now it'll be a fight to ensure I keep all my muscle mass or as much as I can. The heavy lifting will definitely help I think. Definitely going to get a metabolic hormone panel done this offseason, curious where my T3 naturally sits. Proceeding posts will outline yesterday's back day and today's leg day. Cheers!

20. Gain Train

Gain Train Member

Back day 2/25/18
    Intensity was balls to the wall, leave it all out on the floor. Don't hold back and don't be afraid to fail.

All of the exercises will look low volume but I'm writing down only my top sets as unless I specifically incorporated a pyramid or drop set I don't feel it's necessary to specify

1. Wide grip chin ups 3 sets 6-8
    2. Underhand BB row 2 sets 8-10
    3. Wide grip lat pulldown 3 sets 8-10
    4. Close grip cable row 2 sets 8-10, 1 set with lighter weight with 2 second squeeze for 10 reps
    5. Single arm DB row 2 sets 6-8
    6. Barbell shrugs 2 sets 12-15
    7. Reverse hypers 2 sets 20
    I did not include the weight I used just to keep post looking cleaner. If you're curious then I'll include them next time. Cheers!