2018 may see the BTC lightning network go live: FAST transfers and low fees

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by RThoads, Dec 30, 2017.

1. RThoads

RThoads Member

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

That's good as I wanted to jump into bitcoin but the high fees and slow confirmations turn me off. I set up a coinbase account plus created an Electrum wallet in preparation for getting started.

Only a matter of time that the backlash over the high network fees get something done about it.

RThoads likes this.
  3. RThoads

RThoads Member

The future really depends upon if this Lightning Network goes mainstream and fixs the issues. IF it does then BTC is here to stay. Only time will tell. I am hoping it does work -- I prefer using bitcoin.

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. MindlessWork

Just like what I'd expect from my brokerage to post my stock buys/sells in a timely manner I'd like to see bitcoin be quick with confirmations on buys, transfers and sells.

Like also when I pay a source I'd expect the source to receive payment instantly and to get confirmations just as fast.

RThoads likes this.
  5. MindlessWork

Agreed, issues like this turn people off from bitcoin. Maybe with a more efficient network the fees be a lot lower.

6. Roco Bama

Roco Bama Member

invest in ethereum and other alt coins such as omiseGO. ethereum is expected to outperform bitcoin this year. you won't be disappointed.

2017 Was Bitcoin's Year. 2018 Will Be Ethereum's - CoinDesk

MindlessWork likes this.
  7. RThoads

RThoads Member

I agree.
    I moved all my funds to ETH recently during the down-turn -- I feel that ETH will make a better recovery overall and have a better long-term outlook than BTC. I put my money on that so I hope my opinion pans out to be true.

Roco Bama likes this.
  8. Roco Bama

Roco Bama Member

I invested my whole savings in ETH. I can't wait until Christmas to see ETH hit 10x

9. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Just curious as to what leads you guys to believe this will be a big year for ETH specifically? Also, OMG came up on my radar about a month ago but i never pulled the trigger. What are the future outlooks saying? Whats it purpose @Roco Bama ? Thanks

10. Roco Bama

Roco Bama Member

People/businesses were into theories before but now they'll be interested in using crypto that does something for them so that's why 2018 will be the year of many usable cryptos especially ETH.
    OMG is thought to have a huge future potential across the cryptos and fiat space. Check out this article below