4000 vs 6000 calories

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by 350lift, Oct 10, 2018.

1. 350lift

350lift Member

is there gonna be a huge difference in muscle gain from that extra 2000 calories if youre around 200lbs in all honesty?

2. jolter604

jolter604 Member

If it is lean quality food YES!

350lift likes this.
  3. Yes, you will gain a shit ton of fat.

4. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Eat big to get big

AlwaysHungry and 350lift like this.
  5. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

6000 a day is a shit ton of calories

I'm at 4000 daily and I weigh 250, in a growth phase. All clean food.

6. 350lift

350lift Member

Da
    that is damn massive you can bulk on 4k at that size?

7. ickyrica

Seems to be working so far. I'm far from a hard gainer though.

350lift likes this.
  8. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

@ickyrica, are you on a cycle right now? If so, what are you taking?

9. ickyrica

Yes, currently on test cyp, npp, eq and dbol. I'm familiar with everything except the eq, this is my first time with it. I've used dbol before but wasn't a fan. This time around I like it better but my dose is lower. I seem to respond really well to all of the compounds I've taken but if I go too high regarding dosage I seem to have a hard time, sides pop up and make life suck.

I've always read about having a big appetite when on eq, it's legit...

10. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Mind if I ask the dosages? I've heard about the appetite increase with EQ as well. Never tried it personally though.

11. Arcânn

Arcânn Member

Good lord, at 4000 calories, I'm not sure I'd break 220. My maintenance at 204 lbs was 3450 calories

brutus79, ebkallday and Diesel10 like this.
  12. 350lift

350lift Member

Height?

13. Arcânn

Arcânn Member

6'2"

14. Diesel10

Diesel10 Member

I was cutting this spring at 2800 cal, I'm probably close to 3300 maintenance at 205lbs

Everybody is different so watch the scale, if by the end of the week you haven't gained any weight add calories. If your gaining weight too fast. Back off a little. You can pack on fat fast, muscle will take longer.

D10

350lift likes this.
  15. G.I. Bro

G.I. Bro Member

Fast gains are fat and water. The people I see on here talking about eating massive calories are either lying or idiots. If an average 200lb schmoe eats 4000 cals a day, he's going to get fat. Very few posters here weigh enough to be eating 4k+ cals consistently.

If you want to gain lean mass, increase your daily maintenence by 500-600 clean calories. Hit your protien macros daily. If you don't hit your cals, make sure you hit your target protien.

The "see food" diet will just have you fluffy in 3 months. Eating more shit per day won't add more muscle. Protien synthesis is rate limited (in general). Over a certain surplus, you're just increasing chance of fat gain. The shit I see you meathead retards posting is hilarious.

Diesel10, Xlgx and 350lift like this.
  16. AlwaysHungry

AlwaysHungry Member

Where did you read that at myprotein? We use hormones here. Add 500kcals surplus every meal that’s when you gain I yet haven’t see anyone using hormones on a bulk and in the end he has fat gains what’s all that’s bullshit? It’s just water start a heavy cycle now eat way more than you maitance. When you finish and you piss all the water you will be same body fat maybe even lower

Diesel10 and 350lift like this.
  17. Diesel10

Diesel10 Member

How can you say definitively 4000 cal will make you fat, without first knowing BMR, activity level, physical demanding job,hormone usage,....

I eat over 4000 cal a day right now.
    1lb per week for last 2 months

D10

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  18. G.I. Bro

G.I. Bro Member

I said your average 200lb dipshit posting on this forum.... Donkey

We all realize higher weight, gear/drug use and muscle mass can influence BMR. I'm not saying it's one size fits all.

But the concept that more food leads to proportionly more gains is flawed and will make people fat. You need just enough calories and protien to facilitate optional training and the synthesis of new tissue. The rate that occurs won't increase with more calories. It's essentially fixed/capped. Muscle tissue synthesis/gain is slow. But you need and adequate surplus for it to be optimal. Tons more calories generally just means more seal blubber.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    ebkallday and Diesel10 like this.
  19. Diesel10

Diesel10 Member

Lol
    Well does that mean I'm not a dipshito_O

Didn't mean to be abrasive, I just like to keep info accurate. Just wanted to make original poster to realize many variables are at play.

And for the record, I agree with everything else you said.

Peace
    D10

350lift likes this.
  20. ickyrica

Damn. Slow metabolism I guess haha. I'm doing pretty well at 4k, may start eating a little more but not much. Really clean eating too. I miss unregulated amounts of sugar :(