72.5kg bench press

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by maxyshot, Jun 2, 2019.

1. maxyshot

maxyshot Junior Member

How long did it take you before you could do 3 sets of bench press at 72.5 kg using free weights barbell [not machines] It took me around 5 weeks,I didn't use creatine or protein supplements,my goal is to be able to do 3 sets of 8 reps at 100kg by the end of the year then I will start turning heads.

2. johntt44

johntt44 Member

3×8 at 220 is not really a lot unless you weigh 150lbs. It's a good start though.

3. CAswole

CAswole Member

Hey everybody started somewhere. Be consistent and keep working hard. You'll reach that goal.

KillaBig and T-Bagger like this.
  4. maxyshot

maxyshot Junior Member

I would like to see you two do 8 reps of 100kg without steroids im all natural no creatine or anything,The average man can't lift anywere near 100kg even 1 rep so get your heads out the clouds.

5. Tinytim

Tinytim Member

Id be proud of 225 for reps, means your on your way. You dont have to turn heads or impress anyone. The important thing is you dont injure yourself. Keep pushing, eating, and adding weight.

6. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Are you talking to me? I benched 450lbs natural, so.... I was 6'2 250lbs and lifted for 20yrs naturally. Not everyone is the same. I wish you nothing but the best, I wasnt putting you down.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  7. Slow and steady will get you there.

i assume you add 5 lbs each week? Every other week?
    What's your criteria right now for adding weight?

8. Vipera1

Vipera1 Member

Fucking lol OP is a troll.

T-Bagger likes this.
  9. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

I could bench that in high school.

Bragging about benching 160 lbs for reps, fuck me. I know that you're a troll, but fucking lol@you if you're serious.

225 for reps is respectable but probably half of the guys at my gym can do it.

T-Bagger and Mac11wildcat like this.
  10. mp46

mp46 Member

What weight did you start out at? I never benched before two weeks ago and I put up 170 or 180 (about 80kg) for 8 on my second try. I rest 30-60 seconds in between maybe 90 seconds if I’m winded.

11. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

Hey bro, being that your new you might wanna show a little more respect to people, watch your condescending tone too. This is a place where it’s not a requirement but it definitely helps if you have friends. Telling people to get their head out of the clouds. You don’t know that guy, you did so much as introduce yourself and you think your fucking PR for 74 kg is some mega feat. Who’s head is In The clouds now kiddo??

bbrsimon50, T-Bagger and CAswole like this.
  12. Eman

Eman Member

Nobody in this thread benches two plates... bunch of liars.

I just worked my way up to the 25lb plates this week... running a gram of tren.

yolo.

Ironlord, Sniggles, T-Bagger and 9 others like this.
  13. CAswole

CAswole Member

Lol when he said , "you two" was he referring to me? I thought i was being nice and encouraging lmao

88GENERAL88 and T-Bagger like this.
  14. maxyshot

maxyshot Junior Member

the average man cant just walk into a gym and bench press 70kg 8 reps with free weight barbell full range of motion with no training unless your like freaky natural strong and thick built wi th thick wrists etc you also need to remember I train natural no steroids as im in this game for life and I want to look after my health.

15. mp46

mp46 Member

Wait, so you’re saying you’ve never had any training or ever been to a gym before? Serious question.

T-Bagger likes this.
  16. maxyshot

maxyshot Junior Member

first time going to gym but I got a weight bench at home.

17. Eman

Eman Member

Well now you're moving the goal post... first you said that the average man couldn't lift 100kg without steroids and now you're saying the average man can't walk into the gym the first time and lift 70kg.

I have no idea how long it took me to get to two plates... I was in highschool, that's been a while ago.

I actually appreciate you starting this thread because I was thinking back to my earliest years with a barbell. The first time I ever benched was in the 8th grade and I lifted 185lbs (84kg). I had never touched a barbell prior to that and my weight was probably around 180lbs at that time or a bit less... the teacher just kept adding 5-10lbs and the kids would drop out as they failed the lift. I had no idea how good it really was except it was more than anyone else in my gym class. That feeling of being stronger than my peers was likely what lit the fire in me to keep doing it.

88GENERAL88, Perrin Aybara and Fryguy like this.
  18. maxyshot

maxyshot Junior Member

I'm talking 3 sets of 8 reps ,not many men can lift 70kg 3 sets of 8 reps without ever training before and that is a fact of life and yes lifting 84 at that age is very good its sets the real men from the boy's.

19. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

Lmfao

20. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

You know what you are absolutely correct !!!! there isn’t a single gym that I know of that has plates that can even make 70kg =154lbs. Possible. Maybe you you meant 70.5 kg. = 155lbs I work at A world renown gym, and have never seen or heard of 2lb. Plates.
    Get your head out of the clouds.

T-Bagger likes this.