AAS & autoimmune

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Sparkyp, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

does anyone know if any AAS help with auto immune issues? in particular psoriasis? i read there were a few studies that it helped clear people up.

i have psoriasis. at one point i was 70% covered in it. long story short, i got in with a great holistic doctor. found out i had allergies towards eggs and dairy (thats why i went vegan) and for the past 5 years ive been about 90% clear. i do fight flare ups time to time but keep it under control through diet. i don't take any prescriptions including topicals..

just was curious if anyone knew anything about this probably rare topic with limited info

2. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

AAS and AI disorders NOT!!

And if you can locate scientific evidence to the contrary I’m happy to review it.

him

3. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

strange-warning-signs-low-testosterone

Hypogonadal men with psoriasis benefit from long-term testosterone replacement therapy - a series of 15 case reports. - PubMed - NCBI

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo-meetings.2015.RE.11.SAT-136

Dr JIM, some people are saying trt made their psoriasis worse, some say better. are there not any studies on this stuff? above were some of the articles i came across.i'm not taking an of them for truth. just sharing what i found hence the post... figured if anyone knew about skin reactions it would be a bodybuilding forum

Burrr likes this.
  4. Burrr

Burrr Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Hmm, interesting.
    I bet diet will always be the main culprit or path to relief.
    Anything that triggers your immune response will probably make all auto immune disease even worse.

Sparkyp likes this.
  5. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

when i revisit my original dermatologist and he asks me "what are you taking to stay clear?"
    i reply; "diet changes"
    with that, i always get eyes rolling from them like "yeah right"
    traditional doctors have a hard time accepting holistic treatments.
    traditional medication is extremely important (obviously) and for major issues like cancer, leukemia, etc; modern day medication should always be used.

but IMHO, for relatively minor things like psoriasis, restless leg, anxiety, sleep disorders, headaches, mild pain relief, etc; Rx are not always needed and us as a society are now programmed to take a pill for everything.

Burrr, i typically remain anywhere from 70%-95% clear all by avoiding dairy. that was my particular situation. recently i started having flare ups (minor ones, its a relentless condition) so i now removed gluten products and it seemed to tone down a bit. its a battle that will never end, but for; biologics like "Humira or Enbrel" are not things i want to be injecting into myself

i wish there were more info on testosterone replacement, aas and AI

Burrr likes this.