AbbVie Inc (NYSE:ABBV)

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by Michael Scally MD, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

AbbVie Releases First of Six Phase III Results from Investigational All-Oral, Interferon-Free, 12-week Regimen, Showing 96 Percent SVR12 in Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Patients New to Therapy.
    AbbVie Releases First of Six Phase III Results from Investigational All-Oral, Interferon-Free, 12-week Regimen, Showing 96 Percent SVR12 in Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Patients New to Therapy - Nov 18, 2013

- Confirms results of phase II studies, with consistent virologic response and tolerability profile
    - Largest all-oral, interferon-free clinical program in genotype 1 (GT1) patients to date(1)
    - On track for major regulatory submissions in Q2 2014
    - Worldwide, about 160 million people are chronically infected with hepatitis C(2), most with GT1

In the 631-patient SAPPHIRE-I study, patients new to therapy receiving 12 weeks of AbbVie's 3D regimen achieved a sustained virologic response at 12 weeks post-treatment (SVR12) of 96 percent.

The majority of patients were GT1a, considered the more difficult-to-treat subtype, and the SVR12 rates of GT1a and GT1b were 95 percent and 98 percent, respectively.

The rate of virologic relapse or breakthrough was low, occurring in 1.7 percent of patients receiving the 3D regimen.

In addition, discontinuation rates due to adverse events were low, and of an equal percentage (0.6 percent) in both active and placebo groups.

2. Michael Scally MD

Enanta Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ENTA) https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:ENTA

[IMO, take advantage of the crazy hit to the share price. This will see an increase of 20%+ in the coming year, probably much sooner. And, I would not discount a move of 50% or more as well as a possible M&A.]

3. Michael Scally MD

4. graniteman

graniteman Member

I had the good fortune to buy Pharmasett before Gileads 11 billion dollar buy out, then a split and a doubling in price. A true Blessing

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  5. Michael Scally MD

ENANTA PHARMACEUTICALS ANNOUNCES RESULTS FROM FOUR ALL-ORAL, INTERFERON-FREE, PHASE 3 STUDIES FOR THE TREATMENT OF GENOTYPE 1 HEPATITIS C VIRUS INFECTION
    News Release « Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc

• Results confirm previously reported data in genotype 1 (GT1) patient populations demonstrating high sustained virologic response rates at 12 weeks post-treatment (SVR12)
    • Results demonstrate SVR12 of 97 to 100% in GT1b patients
    • SVR12 of 92 to 96% was shown in the difficult-to-treat GT1 cirrhotic patient population
    • AbbVie announced it expects U.S. launch in 2014

graniteman likes this.
  6. graniteman

graniteman Member

I've been watching these 2. Johnson N Johnson -JNJ also.
    Gileads USA cost is around $84k but the traditional treatment with interferon is approx $65k. Many believe the savings will come in patients finishing their treatments. Gileads pill is also approved for genotypes 1, 2, 3.. There is money to be made with Abby and JNJ but I wouldn't count GILD out. Look for it to hit $100 soon:)
    Gilead Sciences: Lack of Hep C Sales Guidance Doesn't Blemish Strong Year Ahead - TheStreet