Abdominal pain from Maize flour (corn flour) need advice

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by maccattack007, Nov 3, 2018.

1. maccattack007

maccattack007 Junior Member

I have just started (on week 4) a mass gain cycle and everythiing was going great but this week i started getting pains around my guts. Im doing everything i normally do but instead of using dextrose and simple sugars i replaced it with maize flour called corn flour in australia. 30gram whey 30 grams egg white powder and 100grams corn flour. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced pains from taking this

2. Eman

Eman Member

What's it matter if others get issues from it? You do, so maybe go back to dextrose...

3. maccattack007

wont go back to dextrose. I will never understand why people reply when they have absolutely nothing worth me reading.

4. tengtren

tengtren Member

Yeah man sounds like you just don't tolerate it very well

I don't either because it bloats me really bad and gives discomfort

I use dextrose

5. maccattack007

What ive done instead is get toasted oats and blended them up into powder and just used that. Ive used dextrose in the past and its like something when you have had it so many times the thought of having it again makes me want to vomit. I know its good for that post shake but after having to take so much when i was cycling with humalog i cant stand it anymore

6. tengtren

tengtren Member

I know the feeling

I have tried the oats in a coffee grinder but that makes the shake too thick to fuck with, I just put quick oats in the and kinda chew as you go

7. maccattack007

I never expected something clean like that to be untolerable but ive just saw something about corn being high in a certain fibre thats bad in high amount. It was going really good till this happened it was helping me put on good weight

8. Eman

Eman Member

Really?

Something is upsetting your stomach and I suggest stopping that something, and that isn't worth your precious reading time?

My mistake, double your corn flour intake... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, get some new books to read while you're shitting your brains out.

Uttukuxul, Oldschool and Gbro like this.
  9. Gbro

Gbro Member

I get the shits really bad when I eat at Taco Bell. What do?

10. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Eat more Taco Bell

master.on, Gbro and MisterSuperGod like this.
  11. ergomaniac

ergomaniac Member

in the same way you wouldn't take a bag of un popped popcorn, blend it and eat it...
    try soaking it. ive tried this with other bean/legume powders.
    I even let my protein shake "rehydrate".

12. master.on

master.on Member

IMO get back to dextrose

dextrose = glucose, the simple sugar always found in your body so you can't get any adverse reaction to it (unless you take too much at once, so some of it doesn't get absorbed and feeds bacteria in the intestines).

If you want complex carbs, rice works fine.

I too get pain/cramps with flour spiked bread.