Abscess in my tonsil

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Logan44551, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

So apparently I have an abscess in my right tonsil. Doctor gave me some antibiotics, and 5 Norco. Said that it should drain on it's own but if it doesn't they will need to drain it with a needle. That sounds horrific, I've had an abscess on my arm drained before, can't imagine in my mouth! Fucking thing hurts, I couldn't sleep last night.

2. FiEnD

FiEnD Member

Would probably feel good honestly

3. JackSmooth

JackSmooth Member

Stay away from those tonsil injections. If you insist keep it at .5cc max. Heat oil and massage tonsil after.

4. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

An actual abscess? Not the little whitish things that form in holes in your tonsils ?

5. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

This is what it is Peritonsillar abscesses @NorthMich

JackSmooth likes this.
  6. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Lmao

7. JackSmooth

JackSmooth Member

On a serious note, hope it drains on its own, and you don't have to have any work done on it.

8. NorthMich

9. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Picture doesn't do it justice. Nurse was about to do swab for strep. I opened my mouth and she was like 'before we do the swab, I'm going to get the doctor.' Then the doctor takes a look and is like, ' can I bring in a medical student to take a look? We don't see too many of these'

Attached Files:

MindlessWork and NorthMich like this.
  10. NorthMich

That WebMD article mentioned it’s rare

11. Fitraver

Fitraver Junior Member

Damn that’s gnarly. Best of luck dude.

Logan44551 likes this.
  12. Eman

Eman Member

What have you been putting in your mouth? :confused:

I had my tonsils taken out about two years ago... Probably the most painful thing I've ever experienced, and that was with painkillers being eaten like candy. Hopefully you get it taken care of without needing to get them plucked out. No bueno.

Logan44551 likes this.
  13. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

That's a little disheartening, I feel like a baby my throat and ear hurt like crazy. Norco didn't put a dent in it. Hopefully the antibiotics kick this thing's ass.

MindlessWork likes this.
  14. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Ouch that's rough and hope you get better soon...that has to be real painful. I had both my tonsils taken out when I was a small child because of an infection and complications arising from that caused me to lose some hearing.

15. Heynow

Heynow Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

What?

Sorry I had to.

16. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Had a nasty tonsil infection that never was properly treated and it spread to my inner ear causing hearing loss I never recovered from even after my tonsils were later removed. I was just 3 at the time.

17. TideGear

TideGear Member

Do
    Do you sleep any better after having them removed?

18. Eman

Eman Member

Yes and no. They were enlarged and my airway is already narrow as it is... So removing them did help, but it wasn't life altering. I'm glad they're gone overall, but I probably wouldn't have gone through with it if I had known what I was in for.

My mom used to work in the dental field, so she knew what I was going to experience... But, I thought she was just exaggerating. The doctor performing the procedure repeatedly told me it "really wasn't a big deal" but it turned out that was a load of horse shit... I lived on ice cream and opiates for about a week straight and believe me, that is not nearly as fun as it sounds.

19. TideGear

TideGear Member

I know what you mean. The opiates lose their appeal after a day or 2. I had a procedure to open the airway in my nose but it didn't work. The doc talked about a throat surgery too but I don't respect their opinions anymore. Their competence is questionable

20. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

So I ended up in er last night, got more swollen and couldn't swallow in pain. Ended up getting iv antibiotics and some steroids. Went home and it has started draining now. Hurts a lot less still swollen but much better. My ear on that side is totally clogged up. My jaw feels swollen on that side and clicks when I take a big bite of food. I am wondering if any of this has anything to do with HGH. I am currently running it for the first time at 3iu per day. The strep swab came back negative, so I am confused where the abscess stared from. If went from not hurting at all to waking up with a golf ball sized tonsil on one side. Any thoughts?
    @Jackreature
    @Dr JIM
    @Michael Scally MD

Fryguy likes this.