AIs and wrist pain

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by Structure, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Structure

Structure Member

At first, I though I'd just injured my wrists. Its been about a month now, and the pain is as bad as ever. I'm currently taking anastrozole. My morning E2 (before daily adex dose) is 15 ng / mL.

I've found plenty of information about the joint problems associated with aromatase inhibitors (see for example A prospective study of aromatase inhibitor-associa... [Cancer. 2010] - PubMed result). However, none of the studies mention whether joint pain is dosage related, presumambly because the studies are done on women with breast cancer where the goal is to get rid of as much E2 as possible.

Have any of you noticed that joint pain goes away if you lower your dose? Or is it one of those either-you-get-it-or-you-don't kind of symptoms? I'm planning on cutting my dose down anyways, but I'd like to hear about other people's experience with AIs...

2. etul86

etul86 Junior Member

My advise would be to cut down on the "wankin' off". lol [:eek:)]
    Seriously i have no advise for you as i have never experienced a consistent pain that you're describing. Anyone else have suggestions?

3. Structure

Structure Member

Hmmm... If that's what it takes to get rid of my wrist pain, I may just have to learn to live with it.

4. Structure

Structure Member

Don't everyone reply at once. I'm sure none of you has any experience with adex...

5. porky little keg

porky little keg Junior Member

I've heard that AI's can mess with joints...... or it could be from the lifting.

Lots of the powerlifters who are benching really heavy ( myself included) get tendon troubles, shin splints ( in the forearms), ulnar nerve problems etc...

I'm assuming that like most gym rats you bench every week, probably more than the average guy ( I should hope, if you are using... let alone using enough to need a harsh AI)

not saying that it couldn't be from hormones... I just have no experience with that. I have lots of experience benching heavy and having to ice everything, prehab and rehab everything, then get back to it.

6. Claude Monnet

Claude Monnet Junior Member

You'll find quite a bit of literature with regards to AIs & bone health. Currently, the practice for long term treatment of breast cancer in post-menopausal women receiving AIs is to also suggest that they supplement with vitamin D & calcium. The more potent choice would be alfacalcidol.

I'm doing some experimentation with letrozole myself. Started off at 0.2mg daily for a week & I didn't notice much. Bumped it up to 0.4mg daily & libido was too good :) Then my curiosity switched to "at what dose does letrozole suppress libido?". I never found out.

On my 2nd day at 0.6mg, I had to acknowledge some pain & "creekiness" in the lumbar region of my spine. And only THEN did I remember the studies on AIs & bone health. Over the next few days, joints also went to hell. Any time I twisted my thoracic region or other not-so sudden movements. Minor weight bearing household chores made me feel like I was just daring something to crack/ fracture. Did I mention that from the beginning of this experiment until now, I'm not doing ANY weight lifting?

But I'm on a vitamin D, calcium & magnesium supplement at the moment. I also have some alfacalcidol on hand (for when I start progressively increasing the dose just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity). So I'm much better off now.