Am quite confused with coinbase/BTC to send funds. Wallet issues

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by putazorra, Jan 28, 2020.

1. putazorra

putazorra Member

Hello, all.

I'm really overwhelmed with trying to get off the ground. I finally linked my bank account to Coinbase which took eight days from the time I created my account and several phone calls to get my bank account linked up. There were ongoing snags in linking up my checking account that finally took after so many attempts. And then there was the six day holding period. Now my funds are available.

So now I'm on my coinbase portfolio page and see "Bought Bitcoin" balance to the left. To the right of that there are two clickable tabs and one says "Send" and the other "Receive." When I click on the "Send" tab a smaller window opens in the middle with "Recipient" above a box where it says, "Enter a BTC address." Below that it has a box with 0.00 USD to the left and 0.00 BTC on the right.

Can I use this to send directly to someone i'd like to do "biz" with? Just enter my person's address, dollar amount and am I good to go?

I have a feeling this is too easy and i'm missing something given all the threads about crytocurrency I see here. If I am, can someone direct me to an up to date link that will help me learn how to do this? With my own searches I keep finding old videos and tutorials from 2017 which don't seem valid any longer.

Thanks in advance.

Logan44551 likes this.
  2. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

No! Download another wallet like Jax or something similar. Transfer to at least one other wallet before transferring to sources wallet

putazorra and MindlessWork like this.
  3. putazorra

putazorra Member

Okay. I tried using the Cash app on my desktop but then after I went through a few prompts it said I needed to update drives and tried to get my credit card in order to charge me $10 for updated compatible drivers.

So I abandoned that process. I felt something was off.

4. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

That's sounds suspect, although I've never used cash app. I buy on coinbase and transfer to jax, the. Transfer to source

putazorra likes this.
  5. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Did it once, never again. Fuck that, lost 100$ in the withholding period, added the difference, went to send and receiver claimed it was still short 40$ and I have no fucking idea how. My first and last time using that bullshit

6. putazorra

putazorra Member

Whew....finally made it work. I was able to successfully transfer from coinbase to jaxx. Thank you very much for your help.

7. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

NO!! Read the "stickies" .

Logan44551 likes this.
  8. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

NO! That is extraordinarily bad advice. You might as well send it directly from Coinbase.

Read the "stickies".

Logan44551 likes this.
  9. putazorra

putazorra Member

Dang! Really!? Shit. So I got nowhere really.

10. 40ozSkunk

40ozSkunk Junior Member

same happened for me. sucks BTC is the only accepted form of payment often times, and yet it's a huge pain in the ass and ends up costing way more than price of goods.

11. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

It's funny money, and all these ppl think it's not regulated, hah. Government got their hands in it just like everything else that goes under the radar long enough. I laugh at all these morons who cashed in life insurance policies, life savings, retirements in hopes of striking it rich. Nope. Not anymore

KL8209 likes this.
  12. KL8209

KL8209 Member

I totally agree