Anadrol Injectable.. Is it as hepatoxic as oral? Does it bypass liver?

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by bama_barbell1014, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Im putting together my fall bulk cycle, and I've been considering Anadrol, but have always been wary due to its high level of hepatoxicity. My question:

Is Injectable Drol any different in terms of hepatoxicity compared to the oral version. I know it absorbs much better and has a slightly longer half life, but I'm really interested in some knowledge concerning the breakdown of the Oil once it enters your body. Does it "bypass the liver" or is that bullshit? Its still a 17a methyl which leads me to believe that it would still be taxing on the liver.

Also, any input comparing oral vs injectable drol experiences would be helpful.

2. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

Anything that you put into your body is metabolized by the liver. If there is a difference it would be minimal at best.

Anadrol is actually not that toxic. Never mind all of the bro-science circulating around the internet that says it's the harshest drug ever. Adrol is medically indicated for periods of 6+ months at higher doses than bodybuilders use.

3. master.on

master.on Member

IMO it doesn't bypass the liver
    the liver is always "filtering" blood, so you won't bypass anything.

There's no gut-liver-vein connection to bypass.

4. Nice info.

5. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Precisely!!!

RealET, Eman, anfee and 1 other person like this.
  6. This is a common misconception, and I'm very glad this has been cleared up.

anfee likes this.
  7. What is meant by by-pass means that it goes straight into systematic circulation whereas orally ingested goes thru the liver before making it into the body or first pass metabolism. There are portal veins that carry blood to the liver. What by-pass means is avoiding first pass metabolism but the substance will make it to the liver eventually. Usually you bypass first pass metabolism with things that are heavily metabolized

8. Perfect explanation bro. Thats the kind of info I like

9. anfee

anfee Member

From RxList .com regarding dosage and duration for patients with anemias caused by deficient red cell production

“The recommended daily dose in children and adults is 1-5 mg/kg body weight per day. The usual effective dose is 1-2 mg/kg/day but higher doses may be required, and the dose should be individualized. Response is not often immediate, and a minimum trial of three to six months should be given.”

10. I’m taking this as a green light to run 163mg/day for the next six months. :p

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  11. anfee

anfee Member

let’s us know how you do! Lololol

XmadXscientist likes this.
  12. master.on

master.on Member

There's no real bypass

Steroids get from the gut straight to circulating in blood
    then, the first time it passes trough the liver, it will deactivate non 17-alpha alkylated steroids.

Even non 17aa are absorbed at first
    but quickly cleared out in the liver.

If I'm not mistaken, the liver "filters" the whole 5 liters of blood in a couple hours.

13. Ah but there is a bypass of first pass metabolism, ie everything absorbed in the gut goes into the hepatic portal vein which drains blood to the liver, from there it goes everywhere else. That’s my most steroids don’t work orally because of extensive first-pass metabolism but 17a was made to be resistant to metabolism so they work orally. A lot of other drugs get broken down to fast orally so they have to be taken in a different route. Eventually everything goes to the liver but first-pass metabolism can be bypassed.

14. Deff. Wondering this as well as I got both ink. Drol and d.bol,although I ran inj. D.bol back in the day and really didn’t this about certain compounds as I do now with kids and age.

15. RealET

RealET Member

Time to add anadrol to my cycle

16. CAswole

CAswole Member

Anadrol is the king of orals imo. I've run it in every blast. My BP goes up some but that's about it. The liver can take alot and rebound nicely. All that toxic bro science shit is just that. Comes from guys that pound beers nightly and snort coke on the weekends. Talk about toxic lol

XmadXscientist likes this.
  17. RicSlayr

RicSlayr Junior Member

Here's a interesting article for my powerlifting friends. A little insight on what the body is capable of recovering from albeit from short periods of time.
    5 Powerlifting Lessons I Flunked Day One

CAswole likes this.
  18. CAswole

CAswole Member

Great article. Don't know if I'll go to a gram of Anadrol but maybe ill bump it up some lol. good read thx man